Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s annoying because I work in the industry and all it takes is to change the VIN number in the system. If it’s a pre-approval then they just need to change the amount and then insert the VIN if it doesn’t have one yet. Pulling a new credit check and starting from square one is causing unnecessary damage to your credit with extra inquiries
Wow that's a beautiful day. Car is glistening in the sun!

Congrats on the delivery!! You'll be grinning ear to ear driving that baby back.
Mine is pretty much stuck at 9/8 - 9/28 so in a similar boat as you, though my order date was 06/03.
More too Carlsbad 6/3. Now 9/29 to 9/30

Hang in there, those inventory do drop throughout the day. We have been following it for the past couple of days in our Discord and so far have been able to get over 15 their vehicles early. It’s a rush and the idea behind it should have been unnecessary but existing inventory seems to be the best way to get a Tesla right now.

Good luck in your search!
I’m in that channel. Regretting not upgrading to a LR earlier 😅😅😅 but hoping tomorrow brings my exact configuration! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hang in there, those inventory do drop throughout the day. We have been following it for the past couple of days in our Discord and so far have been able to get over 15 their vehicles early. It’s a rush and the idea behind it should have been unnecessary but existing inventory seems to be the best way to get a Tesla right now.

I’ve been watching it for the last week or so. Saw a few pop up in my area that I missed and someone was nice enough to hook me up with a script and for the last 3 days it’s been LR and performance. Hoping I can grab one tomorrow!

This is the way forward for those of you who can't keep waiting. It seems like everyone in that discord is going to eventually get their car. Lots of SR+ got picked up this way.

Reactions: Clinterific
Alright what a day, positives first! I'm in love with the car, so glad I got the combination I have and the acceleration is awesome even though it's not a performance, I was a whole mood driving off from the service center.

Secondly the person helping us at the Devon service center was soooo helpful and awesome! They're really busy and seem overwhelmed so be nice if you have issues.

Now the so-so, only one fairly noticeable panel gap on the hood of the car, wasn't too bad and I honestly didn't mind. There was a paint chip that they fixed on site too, otherwise externally all good (for my tastes at least).

Now the bad. Once we opened the doors we saw that the seats and dash were pretty dirty with noticeable marks all around. Even the service member helping us was surprised, luckily he was able to clean them on the spot and ordered a new front dash section cause that was a bit worse than the others.

I'll look over some more tomorrow but we were pretty thorough, and we used one of those checklists.

Sorry for the long post but I'm very happy! Had to drive through a ton of rain on the way home and haven't been able to use autopilot yet but the wait was worth it! Don't look at that EDD and I recommend not getting financing until you have a Vin. Be nice to the service team members please too, they're very busy but they try!

Attachments

• 20210818_180037-01.jpeg
    20210818_180037-01.jpeg
    525.4 KB · Views: 90
Alright what a day, positives first! I'm in love with the car, so glad I got the combination I have and the acceleration is awesome even though it's not a performance, I was a whole mood driving off from the service center.

Secondly the person helping us at the Devon service center was soooo helpful and awesome! They're really busy and seem overwhelmed so be nice if you have issues.

Now the so-so, only one fairly noticeable panel gap on the hood of the car, wasn't too bad and I honestly didn't mind. There was a paint chip that they fixed on site too, otherwise externally all good (for my tastes at least).

Now the bad. Once we opened the doors we saw that the seats and dash were pretty dirty with noticeable marks all around. Even the service member helping us was surprised, luckily he was able to clean them on the spot and ordered a new front dash section cause that was a bit worse than the others.

I'll look over some more tomorrow but we were pretty thorough, and we used one of those checklists.

Sorry for the long post but I'm very happy! Had to drive through a ton of rain on the way home and haven't been able to use autopilot yet but the wait was worth it! Don't look at that EDD and I recommend not getting financing until you have a Vin. Be nice to the service team members please too, they're very busy but they try!
Gorgeous and congrats!

Reactions: chaoticvortex
Delivery day today was overall great, with a few minor issues. Ordered June 3 in Vaughan, Ontario. 76 days from order to delivery.

Arrived a few min before scheduled appointment at the service center. Super busy, they had 30+ deliveries today, mostly 3 & some Ys

They forgot to register and mount my personalized plate 🤷‍♂️ but kinda like the new green EV plates and my old personalized ones are kinda beat up, so I'll just keep these. My M3 did not come with carpet floor mats. But it did have 2 crappy mud flaps inside a ziploc bag in the trunk.

Order of events
  • Checked in with name/ID
  • My car was brought out from inside the service center. They left the door open for me, so I was able to inspect the inside & chill while signing the documents
  • Did a quick look around the car and that was it. They let me go once they took the folder with signed docs, deposit, and void cheque for loan.
  • Car was super dusty, and small amounts of dirt/scuff marks inside the interior that wipes off. I was fine with it, but it definitely could be much cleaner.
  • Never had to accept delivery through app or the Tesla Management page. Maybe my SA who was with me from order to delivery put it through on his end. But he just told me I was good to go on the app - I restarted the app, was good, and I left.
Note: Both of my keys were in it's packaging, but they were already synced with the vehicle. Also, only 6km (4 miles) on the odometer!

I was given 24 hr to check for damages and scratches, and to report them to the app thru the service function. I used this checklist and it was all I needed. I had a single 2 inch scratch on the wheel below the Tesla logo, but it's hard to see unless in the sunlight. Also, they did a really shitty job with the car door adhesive on one side (pic below). I scheduled a mobile Tesla service, and they'll come fix/replace it next week.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the car. I've only ever owned the C class Mercedes before and this honestly is 10x cooler. The wait felt like forever but I forgot about it the second I sat in the car. The wait is worth it!

Also the autopilot on this thing is freaking insane. It's the closest thing to full on self driving, especially compared to other lane assists/adaptive cruise controls such as Chrysler.

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Ordered 7/1 in Surrey, BC, Canada and my EDD has been all over the map up until this past week (SR+, MSM, white interior) when it settled at Aug 19 - Sep 2. Now each day the date window has begun to shrink.

Yesterday was Aug 19 - Sep 2 and today was Aug 20 - Sep 2.

Think I might get a VIN soon?

Reactions: asquared17
Thought I'd add my service experience in the LA area. Reported my issues and scheduled a service appointment and dropped off the car. Had some nicks and scratches and some stains in the car. Also had a sensor that wasn't flush. Anyway, once I checked in the service advisor was awesome but Tesla does not have loaners. Because of the paint issue it had to be taken to the body shop for paint work and buffing. They ended giving me $100 of Uber credit per day that the work was expected to take (I got $500). Wasn't too crazy about it as my commute is far but fortunately I still had my old car. Just an FYI for those in the LA area.

Ordered 7/1 in Surrey, BC, Canada and my EDD has been all over the map up until this past week (SR+, MSM, white interior) when it settled at Aug 19 - Sep 2. Now each day the date window has begun to shrink.

Yesterday was Aug 19 - Sep 2 and today was Aug 20 - Sep 2.

Think I might get a VIN soon?
That’s what happened before I got my VIN. Hoping you see yours soon!

Reactions: NB Hip fan