Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an automated call from Tesla to confirm my delivery appointment tomorrow 😉 I almost hung up because it was just some weird sound playing on a loop in the background for like 10 seconds, then it finally said “This is a call from Tesla.”

Here's a tip, Tesla. Quit that crap! I almost hung up thinking it was another "We need to talk about your car's extended warranty" calls :D

1. After you pay the $100 deposit
2. On the car page before you even pay the $100, you input your zip code and it tells you the cost.
3. I have seen others on here told that no they can not transfer the financing.
4. I’ve seen others going to the dealer to transfer their VIN to someone else’s order.

All of these are based on previous answers I’ve seen and not first hand experience. I feel like an elder in the loony bin at this point 😂😂😂
Further to my question # 2 above, I found the following in the FAQ section of the existing inventory Discord group:

----------

What if my ZIP is different than the one on the order link?

When clicking the checkout link, the zip is already added for where the car is so you do not have to search that, once the order is placed, the first question it asks is where it should be delivered, then if it can't be delivered to your home it goes to a pickup location near you. Once you type that info in, it auto assigns you that transport fee.

If you want to pick it up from where it is at, i would leave the zip, then once the order is placed, don't type anything in on the order status page and call a Tesla advisor at that SC to schedule the pickup there.

If you'd prefer to find out the transport costs before hand, change the ZIP in the URL and reload your page. Please note that every second counts, so there's a chance that you may lose out on the vehicle.

----------

• Helpful
Reactions: VivekDr
Word of advice to those about to take delivery: watch those curbs! Since the rim sticks out slightly compared to the tire sidewall, any brush against a curb will result in rim rash 100% of the time. In previous cars, the sidewalls stuck out a little compared to the rims and a slight brushes against curbs didn't result in any damage other than scrubbing off some rubber.

I've now curbed both rims on the right side. :( Looking into getting touchup paint to cover over the ugly curb rash.

Word of advice to those about to take delivery: watch those curbs! Since the rim sticks out slightly compared to the tire sidewall, any brush against a curb will result in rim rash 100% of the time. In previous cars, the sidewalls stuck out a little compared to the rims and a slight brushes against curbs didn't result in any damage other than scrubbing off some rubber.

I've now curbed both rims on the right side. :( Looking into getting touchup paint to cover over the ugly curb rash.
Do you mean the aero caps as shown in your profile image, or the actual rims underneath? Because if it's the latter, yikes!

My delivery was supposed to be today at 2pm.
But tesla was in a silly goofy mood and had some other plans. Texted me last night the car was delayed in transit and rescheduled the delivery to Saturday instead 😭
I have no idea how they are only realizing just now about the delay. I even took a day off for the delivery. Maybe there is something wrong with the car and they have to fix it? Daamn you tesla

My delivery was supposed to be today at 2pm.
But tesla was in a silly goofy mood and had some other plans. Texted me last night the car was delayed in transit and rescheduled the delivery to Saturday instead 😭
I have no idea how they are only realizing just now about the delay. I even took a day off for the delivery. Maybe there is something wrong with the car and they have to fix it? Daamn you tesla

Ugh it's what I'm afraid of. With my schedule it's going to be a PITA to schedule one day for delivery, let alone rescheduling...

Try to enjoy your day off...

Reactions: VivekDr
Well, delivery didn't go very smoothly (yet) at all! When we confirmed our delivery appointment yesterday, we ended up having to speak to someone because I missed the call to confirm. So we got someone on the line and he said the car was on a delayed truck from Miami, but don't worry it will there in Orlando in time for delivery. They said if it's not going to be ready they will definitely save us the 2 hour drive round trip by calling us. (You see where this is going) So, no call from them this morning and we roll into the SC this morning and the tell us that the car in on the "sister lot" a mile away. No big deal. So they drive over there to get the car and he returns empty handed. He says the car is still in "prep" and it won't be ready for 2+ hours. So we had to leave it to get home in time to pick up the kids. They have switched us to a home delivery later today. Not a huge deal, just very anti-climatic. I'll be at work when they car gets here and won't see it for 3 days. Anyhow, here's to hoping it's in good shape. "Still in prep" made me wonder if they picked up any nicks / dents being shipped twice - once from Cali and another from Miami. Fingers crossed, I'll keep you posted!

Saw a LR and performance model 3 in existing inventory today. The chat employee said they are in Fremont. I considered the LR but it's a demo car and they really don't discount those at all. Also the employee said I could remove the FSD from those cars at purchase so that's good info to know in the future.

Ouch, that always sucks... Did you take off the aero covers? I know Rimetrix Orbital covers can cover curb rash as theirs extends past the wheel rim

Saw a LR and performance model 3 in existing inventory today. The chat employee said they are in Fremont. I considered the LR but it's a demo car and they really don't discount those at all. Also the employee said I could remove the FSD from those cars at purchase so that's good info to know in the future.
That's interesting. I asked that same question specifically regarding used inventory and was told no.