Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My baby is FINALLY home!!! YAY!!! The delivery process was smooth as pie. The car was already open when I got there, so I was able to do my checks and look inside before doing all the final paperwork. Only one minor issue was found during my exhaustive inspection: the driver's side rear door handle was recessed a bit, but I'll set up an appointment to have that fixed. Other than that, the car was flawless.

A few observations so far:

1) This car is a f**king rocket ship! I can't imagine the Long Range or Performance.
2) Can't believe how roomy and airy it feels.
3) Ride is nice and supple, very comparable to my B9 Audi A4 (adjustable suspension) in Sport mode.
4) The only downside that I've found so far: the audio system sounds like absolute s**t. Coming from the 17-speaker Bang & Olufsen system in my Audi to this is torture. But I guess I'll get used to it :D All the positives definitely outweigh that one negative.

View attachment 699262
View attachment 699263
Is the sound system really that bad?! Would you pay $10k to upgrade it?? 😅😅😅

Reactions: Macb00kemdanno
I’ve had my VIN for 13 days, during which time my EDD has stopped constantly changing, so I really believe the car is on its way. That said, the only communications so far from Tesla is that once again my trade in has “expired“, so I sent in the new Odometer reading and am still waiting for three days so far for them to re-offer. C’mon, this should be automatic; if anything, my used car has appreciated over the last 30 days. I’m now starting to look at other ways to sell; KBB suggests I should be able to get more than Tesla has previously offered.

Is the sound system really that bad?! Would you pay $10k to upgrade it?? 😅😅😅
It’s pretty bad. Even sounds worse than the system in my wife’s 2017 Subaru Outback Limited. I knew all the reviews said that the Long Range and Performance sounded much better, but I wasn’t expecting such a huge drop off.

I wouldn’t pay $10,000 just for the upgrade to the Long Range, so I’ll just suck it up :cool:

Got a call from my SA tonight -- said there was an available SR+ M3 available with the same exact configuration as mine. He basically said I only had 10 mins to tell him if I wanted it before it auto-passes on to the next person in line and then accept delivery within 3 days. Ended up painfully declining since it had the black interior and I'm pretty much set on white. If I'm going to spend most of my time inside while driving I want to make sure my surroundings are pretty.

Reactions: Clinterific
Got a call from my SA tonight -- said there was an available SR+ M3 available with the same exact configuration as mine. He basically said I only had 10 mins to tell him if I wanted it before it auto-passes on to the next person in line and then accept delivery within 3 days. Ended up painfully declining since it had the black interior and I'm pretty much set on white. If I'm going to spend most of my time inside while driving I want to make sure my surroundings are pretty.

Now that is awesome. I wish more of them did that!

I'm amazed at the people who want a white interior, but I guess you don't have kids...

Now that is awesome. I wish more of them did that!

I'm amazed at the people who want a white interior, but I guess you don't have kids...
I was under the impression that's that how the order process worked. At least that's how my SA presented it when I was at the local Tesla. He stated that by placing my order, I've basically reserved my place in line and given priority to any potential vehicles that were ordered but cancelled.

I don't have kids... So I can't pass up that white interior. Haha. And being that he basically only gave me less than 10 mins to make a decision, I figured I should decline because the last thing I want is to get stuck with buyers remorse.

Hardly the "same exact configuration" if it had a different color interior. Still, nice of him to offer it.

5E14F36A-B282-418F-BD9E-5CEB62E57957.gif

I’ll keep you all updated with how it goes. Hoping for a great pickup experience. See you on the other side!