Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry @asquared17 you are right behind us! It's a good sign when the EDD holds steady
Also in NJ, ordered 7/11.. my EDD has been 9/7-9/27 for over a week now, and I'm just hoping it's not a bad sign that it's still a 3-week window -- seems like other NJ orders had their windows narrow before receiving their VIN! I'm also hoping for a VIN by end of month 🤞

Also in NJ, ordered 7/11.. my EDD has been 9/7-9/27 for over a week now, and I'm just hoping it's not a bad sign that it's still a 3-week window -- seems like other NJ orders had their windows narrow before receiving their VIN! I'm also hoping for a VIN by end of month 🤞

NJ ordered 7/9.. EDD Holding with 9/5 - 9/21. Hoping for a VIN soon.
Tesla better beef up their Supercharger Network in NJ. The deliveries for this quarter are going to be insane.

I live in SoCal and ordered on 8/8. I had an original EDD of 9/17-9/30. The date has slipped back a couple of days to 9/19-9/30, but the end of September has never changed. Fingers crossed it stays there.

Anyone else on SoCal order around the same time and have assimilate or different experience?

When I ordered on 6/22 in So Cal the EDD was around the end of July and now its into early Sept. It slowly pushed. Its possible for your to be in late Sept but if they can't make it by the end of the quarter ... I would expect it to be in Oct or even Nov for a California order. The EDD system is not logical. I wish it was as simple as just queuing up by your order date.

When I ordered on 6/22 in So Cal the EDD was around the end of July and now its into early Sept. It slowly pushed. Its possible for your to be in late Sept but if they can't make it by the end of the quarter ... I would expect it to be in Oct or even Nov for a California order. The EDD system is not logical. I wish it was as simple as just queuing up by your order date.
I have stopped checking the EDD because it just doesn't make any sense. I'm at 14 weeks and nobody from Tesla can give me a definite answer. Just need to take a deep breath and be patient. :)

Yeah, I have been anticipating the date to be pushed back, which is why I wanted to see if others around the same order date had similar/different experiences. It looks like those who ordered in June/July in SoCal have experienced a lot of EDD fluctuation.

I have stopped checking the EDD because it just doesn't make any sense. I'm at 14 weeks and nobody from Tesla can give me a definite answer. Just need to take a deep breath and be patient. :)
Those are the most sensible words I've ever seen on this forum. There are so many variables at play.

We see how volatile the EDD can be. Can you imagine what the manufacturing planners have to deal with daily?

Congratulations and welcome to a small group.

I have confidence we will get our cars when they are ready.

Got my SR+ on Friday and got hit with road debris twice today... After work the car in front of me swerved quickly to avoid a piece of a tire which I then immediately tried to avoid. Ended up nicking a small part of it which left a scuff under the right side skirt that can only be seen when under the car (about two inches long)... Then an hour later while picking my wife up from work, a bucket flung out of a truck in the carpool lane. It bounced into my lane. It was either hit the car to the left of me, hit the car to the right of me, or let it hit me. I did my best to swerve out of the way to the right as much as I could so that I didn't hit the car next to me. I slowed as much as I could and the bucket did lose some speed. Left a scuff along the bottom right of my front bumper... Luckily it didn't scratch or leave any significant damage. It's super hard to see unless you're right up to it. The image shows what's visible if you're right up to it. There's a bit more under the bumper as well...

View attachment 700700
Ouch, I can relate. I just had my 3 tinted with Xpel XR all around ($950...youch!) and literally not even 15 minutes after I left the tint place some semi tossed a rock or something onto my windshield. Fortunately, it did not crack the windshield but there is definitely a tiny chunk that was taken out by the rock. I may buy a chip repair kit to fill it in even though it's barely larger than a piece of dust.

Reactions: t1m1t
Is PPF worth it? How is it vs. ceramic? I'm thinking about it and don't know if I should do either (or both)

Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

When I was younger, in the Navy, my wife and I used to wax our car once a week. Now, I'm retired, and waxed my Model 3 once when it was about three months old. I did not enjoy the experience.

I just got my car back from PPF, ceramic and tinted windows. It looks great! And I figure it'll look better, for longer with less work from me. So it was worth it to me.

I see you're in Annapolis. I did a lot of research and found two great PPF shops here in Maryland. And another fellow Marylander recently had a really bad experience. Let me know if you want info on these three shops. Maybe a private message (PM) would be best.

I ordered in NJ 7/07 and my EDD said 9/02-9/22 but I got my VIN/Scheduled Delivery 2 days ago. I would bet that you get yours within a week.

I live in SoCal and ordered on 8/8. I had an original EDD of 9/17-9/30. The date has slipped back a couple of days to 9/19-9/30, but the end of September has never changed. Fingers crossed it stays there.

Anyone else on SoCal order around the same time and have assimilate or different experience?
It's crazy how much difference 9 days makes. I ordered in SoCal on 8/17 and my EDD is 11/5-11/25.

It's crazy how much difference 9 days makes. I ordered in SoCal on 8/17 and my EDD is 11/5-11/25.
SoCal order here too. Ordered 6/15 red ext, modified to white seats 6/28 (my account now shows the “order date” at 6/28) and …yeah…just like you SoCal folks, the EDD window has stayed steady at 9/5 - 9/25 for a few weeks now. I guess the car will arrive when it does I.e. I agree that the EDD is somewhat random until you get a VIN assigned and that it may be pointless to read too much into the EDD window until the. I read somewhere that the red color may also factor into why some M3s may get even further delayed and I am reconciled to that. It’s actually a present for my 16 yo boy and at that age red is the only way to go :). Who knows, we may catch a break due to delays into October and become eligible for the $7500 tax credit even for Tesla that’s being considered by Congress in the budget reconciliation bill these days. They’re still working out the details and they may means test the eligibility for the tax credit etc but hey one can hope that maybe some good comes out of the delayed delivery …

Reactions: asquared17
SoCal order here too. Ordered 6/15 red ext, modified to white seats 6/28 (my account now shows the “order date” at 6/28) and …yeah…just like you SoCal folks, the EDD window has stayed steady at 9/5 - 9/25 for a few weeks now. I guess the car will arrive when it does I.e. I agree that the EDD is somewhat random until you get a VIN assigned and that it may be pointless to read too much into the EDD window until the. I read somewhere that the red color may also factor into why some M3s may get even further delayed and I am reconciled to that. It’s actually a present for my 16 yo boy and at that age red is the only way to go :). Who knows, we may catch a break due to delays into October and become eligible for the $7500 tax credit even for Tesla that’s being considered by Congress in the budget reconciliation bill these days. They’re still working out the details and they may means test the eligibility for the tax credit etc but hey one can hope that maybe some good comes out of the delayed delivery …
Thanks, it would be awesome if we can get that tax credit! Good to know your EDD has been fairly stable as well.