Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

When I was younger, in the Navy, my wife and I used to wax our car once a week. Now, I'm retired, and waxed my Model 3 once when it was about three months old. I did not enjoy the experience.

I just got my car back from PPF, ceramic and tinted windows. It looks great! And I figure it'll look better, for longer with less work from me. So it was worth it to me.

I see you're in Annapolis. I did a lot of research and found two great PPF shops here in Maryland. And another fellow Marylander recently had a really bad experience. Let me know if you want info on these three shops. Maybe a private message (PM) would be best.
I'm looking for protection more than anything else. Maryland Tesla Owners club has some highly recommended shops that do a lot of Teslas though. But still undecided if I need it since I don't drive as much as my husband.

SoCal order here too. Ordered 6/15 red ext, modified to white seats 6/28 (my account now shows the “order date” at 6/28) and …yeah…just like you SoCal folks, the EDD window has stayed steady at 9/5 - 9/25 for a few weeks now. I guess the car will arrive when it does I.e. I agree that the EDD is somewhat random until you get a VIN assigned and that it may be pointless to read too much into the EDD window until the. I read somewhere that the red color may also factor into why some M3s may get even further delayed and I am reconciled to that. It’s actually a present for my 16 yo boy and at that age red is the only way to go :). Who knows, we may catch a break due to delays into October and become eligible for the $7500 tax credit even for Tesla that’s being considered by Congress in the budget reconciliation bill these days. They’re still working out the details and they may means test the eligibility for the tax credit etc but hey one can hope that maybe some good comes out of the delayed delivery …

Damnn I wish I could have been driving a Tesla at 16

• Funny
Reactions: megansblonde
I live in SoCal and ordered on 8/8. I had an original EDD of 9/17-9/30. The date has slipped back a couple of days to 9/19-9/30, but the end of September has never changed. Fingers crossed it stays there.

Anyone else on SoCal order around the same time and have assimilate or different experience?
I am from San Diego previous order was SR+ OD 07/21 EDD 09/21-09/30 for the longest time MOVED today to 09/30-10/20. Snagged M3 LR from Oregon out of inventory today with EDD now 08/30-09/2

I was able to call the showroom and schedule a delivery date. Maybe try giving either the showroom or the support a call and ask if you can schedule delivery.
I agree with this. I never waited for any person to call me and would immediately call the service center to get stuff done. That included scheduling the delivery, checking over my loan documents and going over all the pre-delivery stuff to make sure everything was good to go. They were also able to confirm receipt of down payment and when the car passed their quality checks, etc. Definitely give them a ring unless you prefer waiting longer.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
I agree with this. I never waited for any person to call me and would immediately call the service center to get stuff done. That included scheduling the delivery, checking over my loan documents and going over all the pre-delivery stuff to make sure everything was good to go. They were also able to confirm receipt of down payment and when the car passed their quality checks, etc. Definitely give them a ring unless you prefer waiting longer.

I contacted them and they told me that the delivery team would contact us to schedule the date so I'm not sure there's much I can do at this point.

I'm looking for protection more than anything else. Maryland Tesla Owners club has some highly recommended shops that do a lot of Teslas though. But still undecided if I need it since I don't drive as much as my husband.
It’s been discussed ad nauseum ever since the products were invented. You can read some of the threads on TMC and make up your own mind.

Ceramic doesn’t really offer protection per se, it just makes it easier to clean or go longer between washes/details.

PPF does offer some protection, mainly from small things like rock chips but at what cost? Doing the whole car at $4-6,000+? That’s absurd frankly. Some people recommend front bumper and rocker panels. It’s a slippery slope though. You might get talked into full hood, then maybe fenders. A-pillars too since why not, what’s a few more dollars between friends right?

I contacted them and they told me that the delivery team would contact us to schedule the date so I'm not sure there's much I can do at this point.
Hmmm... That is strange. I've pretty much just called up the "front desk" via selecting "car" and "delivery" from the automated system and they pretty much handle anything I've asked them to. But maybe your situation is slightly different for some reason.

Don't know if this helps anyone but was at the Stockton Service center picking up my car from some minor repairs after delivery. They told me they're getting most of the cars for end of quarter, with some coming in in between. So CA folks truly expect EOQ unless you get pushed into Q4.
Thanks for asking and relaying the info ...

SoCal order here too. Ordered 6/15 red ext, modified to white seats 6/28 (my account now shows the “order date” at 6/28) and …yeah…just like you SoCal folks, the EDD window has stayed steady at 9/5 - 9/25 for a few weeks now. I guess the car will arrive when it does I.e. I agree that the EDD is somewhat random until you get a VIN assigned and that it may be pointless to read too much into the EDD window until the. I read somewhere that the red color may also factor into why some M3s may get even further delayed and I am reconciled to that. It’s actually a present for my 16 yo boy and at that age red is the only way to go :). Who knows, we may catch a break due to delays into October and become eligible for the $7500 tax credit even for Tesla that’s being considered by Congress in the budget reconciliation bill these days. They’re still working out the details and they may means test the eligibility for the tax credit etc but hey one can hope that maybe some good comes out of the delayed delivery …
The tax credit would be sweet. I've been able to take advantage of it on three Nissan Leaf leases, but missed out on my 2020 M3. I hit order on my new M3 once the EDD showed January betting on a couple of continuing resolutions and an effect date of January 1 for any changes. October 1 is a good bet too.

For people waiting for the tax credit, I wouldn't keep my hopes up - it seems the Senate voted to put a $40,000 limit and only households making less than $100,000 would be able to claim it... And who knows what's up with the Infrastructure Bill.

I mean, it's moot for us right now, we wouldn't have been able to wait anyway.

Reactions: speedyrogue