Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 253 range. Vin Received, EDD in Paramus 8/30 - 9/2. I called to try to merge my 7/9 order over and the guy said they don't know if they can do that. They are figuring everything out still. Sounds like the advisors got blind sided by this big inventory dump.
I was under the impression they can apply the original deposit to the new purchase if you received the email. On the letter it clearly states your original order fee can be applied to the new vehicle. If you didn't get the email, they might not be able to apply to the 253 range.

I didn't get the email and that's probably why. I couldn't get a definite answer from them. If anyone was able to get the 253 range and have the original deposit applied without getting the email, please chime in.
So i just gave my SA from the showroom a call but he is out on vacation until the 1st

So then I called the main showrooms number and spoke to another SA, she saw both orders and said that the orders SHOULD merge automatically and the additional deposit would be applied to the down payment, but that she wanted to speak to her manager to double check when she gets in in about an hour and give me a call back. I'll report back when I have an update

I see this in a different way. LFP is an old technology, generally it's much safer than NMC regarding fire risk, it's cycle life is much better New Tests Prove: LFP Lithium Batteries Live Longer than NMC - OneCharge . Due to the much longer cycle life, I would think that if you're keeping the car for a long time the LFP would be better. If you don't plan on putting 100k+ on the car, I would think NMC would be better. 4pct range drop would diminish in a year or two.
In electric vehicles (EVs), such as cars and trucks, it’s often the preferred choice due to overall less weight and higher energy density per kilogram. However, in the warehousing environment, where ambient temperature extremes are possible and weight is not the issue, the LFP battery is widespread and conversely may be a more favorable choice.

I see this in a different way. LFP is an old technology, generally it's much safer than NMC regarding fire risk, it's cycle life is much better New Tests Prove: LFP Lithium Batteries Live Longer than NMC - OneCharge . Due to the much longer cycle life, I would think that if you're keeping the car for a long time the LFP would be better. If you don't plan on putting 100k+ on the car, I would think NMC would be better. 4pct range drop would diminish in a year or two.
Check out the actual article rather than the OneCharge summary. The keys to these conclusions are highly dependent on repeated 0%-100% cycles and temperature. So if you repeatedly go from 0% to 100%, yes you're correct that LFP would be more robust - and that said, you really should have purchased a LR version instead.

I'll take the lower weight and higher charge/discharge rate of the Panasonic. A 265 pound weight difference is huge.

Reactions: CarlZ
I see you are at peace now. :) We have the same build and hopefully we will take delivery before the EOQ.
I took delivery today, I was lucky to get matched to a car from someone who wanted to delay their delivery, if not Tesla had me for mid-September. Unfortunately I had to rush my pick-up, everything looks good except a minor gap in the window trim and it seems to be some 'rust?' between the paint and clear coat, not sure at this point since I haven't had the time to properly check.
I drove the car and when I parked the screen went black and I tried resetting myself, it came back to life everything looks good.