Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i

i’m interested to see if we get VINs this weekend/early next week.

i’m five days behind you order-wise + i think the NJ crew the week before us has gotten theirs (@torpy @Francl27 ) by now. i would include @Mattmo but i think he diverted to the new version and hopped reservations 😂

i’m going to give it another few days since the inventory is still showing online for the 253 range models — and some folks who ordered the week after us received the email to switch.

maybe it’s naive, but i almost feel like ours are among the last to be fulfilled before the great push to close out the quarter.

guess we will find out!! 😎
Same boat here. Ordered 7/14 for NJ. Hoping to see a VIN soon. I didn’t get the email either and my EDD hasn’t budged in weeks. My guess they found a solution to fix the demand issue with the LFP batteries for anyone with a Q4 delivery but our original orders are still on track. My friend ordered a LR a few weeks after me and just scheduled delivery for next week. I’m doing my best to just stay patient - so close!

Same boat here. Ordered 7/14 for NJ. Hoping to see a VIN soon. I didn’t get the email either and my EDD hasn’t budged in weeks. My guess they found a solution to fix the demand issue with the LFP batteries for anyone with a Q4 delivery but our original orders are still on track. My friend ordered a LR a few weeks after me and just scheduled delivery for next week. I’m doing my best to just stay patient - so close!
okay this makes me feel better!! i’ll keep watching to see when you get a VIN too… my order was 2 days after yours so maybe they’ll be on the same transport!!

I was under the impression they can apply the original deposit to the new purchase if you received the email. On the letter it clearly states your original order fee can be applied to the new vehicle. If you didn't get the email, they might not be able to apply to the 253 range.
I ordered my M3 SR+ from the inventory today and my SA was able to transfer my $100 from my original purchase to my new one and I never got the email.

Lucky :( placed my order yesterday and haven’t gotten my EDD yet. I know it’s only been a day but it seems like a lot of people got their EDDs and some are even picking up as soon as tomorrow
You’ll probably get it tomorrow :) I’m going to sell my car on Sunday so hopefully I get to schedule my delivery after I upload proof that I’ve sold my car for the conditional loan.

One call out here guys, there's a chance that these new 253 mile model 3s may be made in China imports. Anyone in manufacturing would know that swapping a big component such as a different size battery (LFP heavier than normal SR+ battery) is not easy. I'm skeptical Tesla would take a risk building a batch with LFP batteries.
I could be wrong, and nothing against made in china cars, but the original draft of the green act has extra money for cars built in America. I recall it was 10k for made in USA cars and 12.5k for union worker made cars.
Now it may be just 7500 or 7k extension, who knows. Just want to bring this up since I haven't seen anyone mention this yet.
first digit of the VIN tells the country. 5 stands for US made.
Already got my delivery date without uploading insurance.
Proof of insurance is needed prior to receiving, I was instructed to upload the insurance proof 4 days prior to delivery.

Reactions: speedyrogue
Anyone in the US who is picking up the LFP car, can you please provide details? Anything different vs the 263mi car? Also, can you please send a photo of the weight/capacity listed near the driver door frame? I'm curious to know if it matches the weight of the MIC car (120kg more) this would imply it has the larger capacity battery (same as MIC 55/51 kwh; 1825kg), lower range probably due to weight. If the weight is same vs NMC Fremont (53/50 kwh 1700kg), it's likely smaller capacity battery causing the lower range. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: VTShaggy
I am concerned that having the conviction to stay with my July order will have a significant effect on delivery date. Didn't someone already mention that their July order has now been pushed into Jan 2022?
my JUNE order's EDD was moved to January (no year specified) yesterday, but today morning it's 'back' to August 30 - September 13 (no year, so maybe it's 2025) :p