Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this text from Tesla in Princeton NJ yesterday afternoon. I’m pretty sure I’ve already provided this information upon ordering my LFP SR+ But I provided my responses again. I guess this means they’re finalizing everything for delivery on Saturday. Message below -

“Good morning, this is the Tesla Princeton Team. We want to ensure that we have all details in place for your appointment this week and ensure the process is as smooth as possible! To prepare, please answer all below questions so we can confirm your account details:

1) Are you transferring license plates for the new car or are we getting you new ones with the DMV
2) If you haven't already please ensure and confirm here that Tesla specific VIN insurance with an effective date that includes your appointment date will be on your account no later than 24 hours prior to your appointment
3) If you have a down payment, will you be making that online with your Tesla account or bringing a certified check? If you are third party financing, please ensure you have the funds from your bank for your pick up date.
4) If you have a trade in, please ensure you bring your title if you are the lienholder and anyone on said title is present to sign.
Please ensure we receive your responses ASAP to avoid delays. Our team looks forward to welcoming you into the Tesla Princeton family.”

Got this text from Tesla in Princeton NJ yesterday afternoon. I’m pretty sure I’ve already provided this information upon ordering my LFP SR+ But I provided my responses again. I guess this means they’re finalizing everything for delivery on Saturday. Message below -

“Good morning, this is the Tesla Princeton Team. We want to ensure that we have all details in place for your appointment this week and ensure the process is as smooth as possible! To prepare, please answer all below questions so we can confirm your account details:

1) Are you transferring license plates for the new car or are we getting you new ones with the DMV
2) If you haven't already please ensure and confirm here that Tesla specific VIN insurance with an effective date that includes your appointment date will be on your account no later than 24 hours prior to your appointment
3) If you have a down payment, will you be making that online with your Tesla account or bringing a certified check? If you are third party financing, please ensure you have the funds from your bank for your pick up date.
4) If you have a trade in, please ensure you bring your title if you are the lienholder and anyone on said title is present to sign.
Please ensure we receive your responses ASAP to avoid delays. Our team looks forward to welcoming you into the Tesla Princeton family.”
@Mattmo writing back: JUST GIVE ME THE CAR ALREADY!! 😂😂😂

Every day I pass the beginning date of my EDD. I take solace in the fact that the EDD generator, around 7AM, then increments the beginning date of my EDD so that it isn’t in the past, and also tacks on an additional day to the end date of my EDD. I know it’s not much, but I’m pretty sure if the EDD generator simply left the bogus, already-past date for the beginning of my EDD, the situation would actually feel more demoralizing.

Instead of waiting until late October or mid November...or possibly being delayed again, I switch to the LFP option. The pros seem to heavily outweigh the cons. More range on average per charge since you can get to 253 vs just over 200 on the other batteries at 80%. Delivery is this Saturday. Feeling like I did when I was a kid and I knew I was getting a N64 for Christmas lol

Instead of waiting until late October or mid November...or possibly being delayed again, I switch to the LFP option. The pros seem to heavily outweigh the cons. More range on average per charge since you can get to 253 vs just over 200 on the other batteries at 80%. Delivery is this Saturday. Feeling like I did when I was a kid and I knew I was getting a N64 for Christmas lol
Welcome to the world where Christmas may come at any second 😂

I'm going to have SNES in my Tesla when I get it. Put a snes9x emulator on the CarPlay tablet I set up. Going to get SNES wireless controllers to use with it for times I'm sitting in my car waiting on someone. Could probably do N64, but I never had one of those, so the SNES is more my style.

Ordered a Model 3 SR+ 2 weeks ago. EDD was November 21-December 21. Saw the LFP ones online on Friday. Bought one of those. Tesla was able to put my deposit from the previous order towards the new one which was great. EDD was initially August 30-September 5. Has now just switched this morning to to September 3-September 5. Couldn't possibly be any more excited to join the Tesla club!

Ordered a Model 3 SR+ 2 weeks ago. EDD was November 21-December 21. Saw the LFP ones online on Friday. Bought one of those. Tesla was able to put my deposit from the previous order towards the new one which was great. EDD was initially August 30-September 5. Has now just switched this morning to to September 3-September 5. Couldn't possibly be any more excited to join the Tesla club!
welcome!! tell us about your delivery experience + all about your new wheels once you’ve got the car 😉

When it's that close, the next "few days" are going to be the longest few days of your life!!

What config did you end up getting?