Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Been awhile since I posted here. There’s been a lot going on and just wanted to post the full thing now that it’s all said and done. 😂 So I had an original order from March that I placed on hold. I took it off hold on May 25th. EDD shifted around a lot anywhere from July to November. About 2 weeks ago I snagged an Existing Inventory from the Discord Channel. I was set to pick up this past Tuesday. Great! I’m leaving for vacation Thursday and wanted to take the car with me. The car was originally set for West Palm Beach, FL and wasn’t there yet. I went to talk to my SA on Sunday about getting my original order fee placed on the second order and he said it doesn’t look like my car will arrive to Tampa on time, they are going to have to move delivery to Wednesday and he will send a message to the dealer to get it ready quickly to have before I leave. Great! I called on Tuesday just to see if it was maybe there early and the SA said it had just arrived in West Palm and wouldn’t be to Tampa till Friday then needed to be inspected. They offered to keep it in West Palm and have me pick it up there Thursday. Sure! I’ll make a detour. Thursday comes and we start down to West Palm Beach (about a 3-4 hour drive) in the car I am trading in. About 10mins from the dealer we see the car is overheating and the air isn’t blowing cold so we pull to the side of the road. I open up the hood. The serpentine belt shredded. FML. 10. Minutes. Away. I called Tesla and asked if we can tow it there. Nope, they will only take operational vehicles for trade. Okay, we call AAA and have it towed to a Midas. It needs a tensioner and belt. $400+ later it’s fixed and we arrive to Tesla 3 hours late for our appointment. After that, no issues at all with trade it or quality. Everything looks awesome. We’ve now driven over 1k miles in the last 24 hours on our road trip! It was so worth the wait! Good luck to everyone waiting for their orders and hope to see you at a SC!
Congratulations @Clinterific , she's a beauty, sorry you had to go through such a long wait and all the drama that came with it. I literally just popped in here to see what the deal is with your delivery, hope everything goes smoothly from here, enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: Clinterific
Don't know if this is correct but I just spoke to tesla and they confirmed that as of now my late July order (Oct Nov edd) is still expected to be nca not lfp.
I just chatted with a Tesla rep, and he couldn't tell if my 2 Sep order will be LFP or NCA. So I'll take the advice of others and just watch the inventory page, order the LFP, and then cancel my original order.

would you guys say it is weird to have the LFP M3 without ever e-signing any of the agreements? I still haven't received them and my new MVPA is unavailable. The account page looks completely different now, and I don't even see the option to review agreements anymore when I log in... I believe I was also supposed to sign the CA clean fuel doc.

Picked up my car yesterday and everything went smoothly. Very slight misalignment on the frunk panel but ill probably just let it be. For the people that used a referral, does your supercharger miles show up immediately? The app does not show mine currently.

Meet Natasha Romonoff
4F41ECDB-8464-48BF-B3D6-864959FBFD43.jpeg

For those that cancelled the NCA and ordered the LFP, did you request to cancel and then ordered on the website through existing inventory? Or did you just order through the configurator?

How long did it take for them to receive and process the cancellation?
I ordered online while I was chatting with Tesla, and then the rep canceled my NCA order during the chat (I saw it disappear from my account).

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most of the range lost in the winter are due to cold battery inefficiency as well as heating the car. I'm assuming you don't have to stop multiple times during the trip which causes the battery having to heat up again as well heating the cabin. In other words, short trips are what kills the efficiency. Driving long distance in one trip is the most efficient way to drive a Tesla since you don't have to heat the car and battery repeatedly. Also, you can charge to 100% on LFP instead of 80 - 90% for most NCA battery owners.

Another thing to consider if you go with NCA, there will be more battery degradation compared to LFP batteries. So your 100% at 262 miles with LFP in 5 years will almost certainly better than 263 miles with NCA. You may be ok with NCA today, but if you have the same commute in 5 years, you may be in trouble.

What you can do is to leave the car plugged in overnight, and heat the car before you go on the trip to preserve even more range. You may also want to turn off sentry mode while at work since it uses approximately 1 mile per hour.

Of course, I'm assuming you don't live by the arctic circle and you don't drive 80 mph+ on freeway. I live in NJ and temp here in winter can drop pretty low. I was average 50% rated range on 25 mile round trip during dead beat of winter.

My expectation is you'll use roughly 90-100 miles of range to go 60 miles one way.
How did you fare with a SR+ model during bad road conditions like rain, snow and ice during the Jersey winters? I know that normal rear wheel drive vehicles cannot move well in snow but I saw quite a few videos of people driving in the snow with rear wheel drive Tesla's and not having an issue. I would assume this is because of the weight being evenly distributed on top of all four wheels because of the battery packs placement.

Got my M3 with LFP yesterday. The whole process was very quick. There was few minutes of delay because I chose to pay with a cashier’s check. The build is perfect. I drove 120 miles back home and didn’t notice any rattling.

I was a little surprised by how fast the battery was drained with full AC on. The car was charged to 90%. We spent maybe about 30 minutes in hot Phoenix afternoon to set up. By the time we started our drive home, the battery was already 80%. Arrived home with 18% battery. M3’s AC does a good job cooling the car though. A lot cars AC would struggle in this weather especially when sitting in idle.

Reactions: asquared17
Woohoo what an email does, Got someone to respond but wait there's more

They said my car was going to be in 9/12 and I can pick it up 9/13 at 10am

Glad I waited for NCA, now I won't have to worry about my battery losing 2/3 of its capacity in the winter time
How did you know you car battery is NCA and not LFP? Every delivery I have seen here lately most people have been taking LFP vehicle deliveries and It seemed you got LFP no matter what moving forward on future deliveries.

How did you know you car battery is NCA and not LFP? Every delivery I have seen here lately most people have been taking LFP vehicle deliveries and It seemed you got LFP no matter what moving forward on future deliveries.
I don't think that's true. There are a ton of lfp deliveries from end of August dump but people from early July orders or before are still getting nca. I don't think they can change to lfp without some notice... 263 miles was ordered. Seems like all New orders will be lfp since they changed the range in the website.

The reason you see everyone with LFP is because they're all impatient

I ordered back in 7/17 and never got the LFP email, they have to give you whatever your original order is

Reactions: daviddumais