Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree also, but the time difference between in production and actually built is a few days, max? This is more of an opportunity to receive a car much sooner than the quoted January time frame.

Not saying you are not justified in being irked, but damned if you do, damned if you dont.
We are able to see the planned factory gate/build date on these pre-production cars in the listings on our discord. So far I see the furthest date on them to be September 12th. Not all pre-production vehicles are the same and then you need to add how long it may take for it to actually be delivered to your final destination. It may still be faster than your original order or it could be slower. It’s a gamble either way, but the more data you have on hand, the more informed decision you can make.

Reactions: joula
This is getting ridiculous already. Ordering from existing inventory (8/27) should not take 2+ weeks. My car has been in Coral Gables since the 9/3 waiting for a software update. The local Coral Gables number just forwards to the call center and they say they will have someone from the DC call me back but they never do. I already sold my old car because I was given a EDD of 9/3 to 9/6 but every day it just keeps being extended. Now it’s 9/8 to 9/11.
I ordered an existing inventory LFP 8/28 and my EDD is 9/16-9/26. My SA says, despite having a vin, he isnt able to track my order, so he is assuming it’s still in production. He also mentioned that typically he can track it 1-2 days after getting a VIN so he’s not sure what’s going on. SOO frustrating.

For those who are ordering their LFP, it states the city of where the car is being shipped/located (ie. Los Angeles). Do we have an option to change to another location, like orange county?

i see a few model 3s in LA, but would prefer to pickup in OC

So long as your location is correct, the listing for the inventory vehicle will show whether there is a delivery fee for your location. Once you reserve, you choose the delivery location based on where you are. In your area, that likely is one or more Tesla centers.

Reactions: s2000ah
So long as your location is correct, the listing for the inventory vehicle will show whether there is a delivery fee for your location. Once you reserve, you choose the delivery location based on where you are. In your area, that likely is one or more Tesla centers.
Ah okay, so youre not forced to pickup at the location listed? You have the option of having the car shipped to a diff city in the same state (assuming its not too far)

For those who are ordering their LFP, it states the city of where the car is being shipped/located (ie. Los Angeles). Do we have an option to change to another location, like orange county?

i see a few model 3s in LA, but would prefer to pickup in OC
If your LFP in other location. Tesla will transit it for you at no cost(within reasonable distance) but it will extend your DD. I pick up LFP in OC.

Reactions: s2000ah
0331E6ED-4DC4-4934-B37F-76D215FC2092.jpeg

FINALLY

That’s correct. It may cost you some cash if it’s too far.
If your LFP in other location. Tesla will transit it for you at no cost(within reasonable distance) but it will extend your DD. I pick up LFP in OC.
Gotcha, lets say car is being produced for LA but i want it for OC, i'm assuming someone will drive it to oc then? Or will they ship it directly to oc?

Attachments

• 9DEFEABB-83A5-4EE7-AC91-F948BEC55FD6.jpeg
    9DEFEABB-83A5-4EE7-AC91-F948BEC55FD6.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: sleon
Still waiting on my EDD. I went by the dealership by my car is definitely not there.:rolleyes:

Unrelated question to delivery. I ordered 18 ft Wall Connector (Gen 3). It said it would ship in 2-3 weeks (back order) but now I am seeing Tesla is selling 24 ft Wall Connector which is in stock. Should I cancel the original order? I wonder which Gen is that 24 ft on the website. I think last time Tesla had 24 ft was Gen 2.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.06.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.06.36 PM.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 47