Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it Just happened. My Last EDD update was on Sunday and it said Sept 9-16. Which was fine. That is the closest I have been to the EDD before. I also got that random Accept Tesla Vision screen come up. which I did. I expected a Vin number to be waiting for me. It wasn't. I got up, and went to my Computer to check the Chrome Extension for VIN in the Source code. And There it was. It was not Officially in my account but it was in the source code. Waiting like that for a few days riding the high of me being a little closer now. Then nothing for a few days. Today was the Day before me entering the EDD estimate Range. So was a little Nervous that Tesla would push me out like I had seen so many time with folks here. Well As I was reading this forum this morning I got a Text Message saying "Congrats.... etc ect" It was my turn to pick my Delivery Date. Gave me three days as option; 14, 15, 16. It also let me pick the time. I chose the Earliest time possible (of course). Now I wait, I may try and get what I can done and sorted out before delivery. So Insurance, and See if I can Register the Vehicle, and get my Bank draft ready for when I do pick up the car. :) That was a bit of a wait. 60 plus days.

I ordered on Jul 15, 2021. Ordered the Midnight silver, Model 3 plus. I got the 18 inch Aero wheels, and No Full Self Driving. It is the NCA battery, which suits me perfect being way up north in Canada. Hope the Delivery process is an easy one. I have not made not Attempted to do any sort of Contact with my SA since July 21st, where he reached out to me about trading in my vehicle. Otherwise ZERO contact with my SA or anyone else at Tesla.

Here is the Timeline and my EDD as it changed over time since I ordered. I thought it would be helpful had I read someone elses experience as it was happening to me. Hope it helps Someone.

Here has been my dates so Far:
July 15: EDD Aug 15 - Sep 4
July 21: EDD Aug 1st - Aug 21
July 23: EDD July 30 - Aug 17 (I was freaking out with excitement and panic as I was not ready)
July 27: EDD Aug 15 - Sept 4th
July 28: EDD Aug 24 - Sept 13th
July 30: EDD Aug 10 - Aug 30th (I was getting super Excited again, as it was pretty close)
Aug 2: EDD 8 - 14 weeks (this was the end of the long weekend and I was super upset, I was not pleasant to be around at all, I was freaking out)
Aug 3: EDD Sept 6 - Sept 26 (was much happier, upset it was in September, but better then what it was before)
Aug 4: EDD BLANK
🤯
(Was nothing, was really trying not to freak out)
Aug 5: EDD Sep 8 - Sep 28 (Was back to happy, had lots to do before the car came anyway)
Aug 6: EDD Aug 31 to Sep20 (was hopeful I could maybe have it before my kid went to school, but knew it was not likely)
Aug 11: EDD Sept 1 - Sept 21 (was starting to see it may start to stabilize which is supposed to be a good sign)
Aug 14: EDD Sept 8 - Sept 28 (it remains at this state for almost 3 weeks. It has stabilized)
😛

Sept 3: EDD Sept 10 - Sept 19 (my window has finally narrowed hope that means the end is near)
Sept 5: EDD Sept 9 - Sept 15 (I also got a verification to accept Tesla Vision. Which I thought meant I got a VIN number, but that does not seem to be the case. Got super excited, oh well.)
Sept 5th (again): I just checked online, I have a VIN! I see it through the Chrome Extension but not "Officially" on my account.
Sept 8th: I got a text to schedule delivery! I scheduled it for as soon as it was possible and can now see on my account my VIN!

😃
😃
😃
😃
😛
😛
😛
😛

Can't wait till Delivery!
I ordered the day before you, still haven't gotten the Vision email, or a response from my SA. But I sure did relate to each one of those date milestones, almost exactly how my journey has gone. Still looking at 9/17-9/26 for me. Hope to see yours soon!

Reactions: MysterJ
So does that mean that those with white interior are being produced later? Thanks in advanced!
It’s pretty random. We have seen literally every combination out there. For the last two weeks, Tesla has dropped over 300 vehicles towards Thursday/Friday and it had every color/combination you could think of. And then every day, there would be a trickle of inventory - a mix of pre-production cars and some that are actually at location (probably canceled orders).

thanks to @ilike2brkthngs for linking the discord!!

looks like builds similar to mine (except for the white interior) are expected at the factory gate on 9/12.

so i'll just sit tight until then.

in the meantime congrats to all on their beautiful cars!
How did you find out when it was due at the factory gate? My edd is Aug 8th through 18th, however my SA said the car is due at the “dealership” on Friday (Augusta 10th). When I spoke to him today he said it appears the car has not yet shipped.

I’m really hoping the car makes it by Friday as I’m due to turn my current car over to Give me the Vin on Saturday!!

How did you find out when it was due at the factory gate? My edd is SEP 8th through 18th, however my SA said the car is due at the “dealership” on Friday (SEP 10th). When I spoke to him today he said it appears the car has not yet shipped.

I’m really hoping the car makes it by Friday as I’m due to turn my current car over to Give me the Vin on Saturday!!