Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it is here. Only issues I found were one internal panel that is a little off, and an Alert stating “CP_a051 Charge port may not open when pressed. Use another method to open the charge port.” I made a service appointment to address those. Good luck to all of you.

Attachments

• 2CDACF5F-6376-4ADD-9A29-E90E342A8403.jpeg
    2CDACF5F-6376-4ADD-9A29-E90E342A8403.jpeg
    782.3 KB · Views: 95
If anyone discovers how to conclusively determine that a vehicle has the LFP battery pack, please post here! When I took delivery, I asked and the sales person agreed with my statement that it was an LFP vehicle, but she did not seem particularly confident. The driver’s door jam sticker shows weight (GVWR) at 4658. I read elsewhere the weight may be a good indicator as the LFP battery is heavier.

If anyone discovers how to conclusively determine that a vehicle has the LFP battery pack, please post here! When I took delivery, I asked and the sales person agreed with my statement that it was an LFP vehicle, but she did not seem particularly confident. The driver’s door jam sticker shows weight (GVWR) at 4658. I read elsewhere the weight may be a good indicator as the LFP battery is heavier.
4446 lbs for the NCA I took delivery of on Friday

Appreciate all the great info on here! I recently joined this party and have a couple questions. I'm located in Texas.

Ordered NCA on 9/3 EDD November.
Found out about LFP and ordered from existing inventory on 9/4. Immediately got a VIN and EDD of 9/17-9/27. Hasn't changed since 9/4, nor have I received any updates. When I ordered my LFP it was during the large inventory dump and I was able to pick exactly what I wanted. However, after I ordered they tacked on a $1000 transport fee. I would've sworn my zip was set in the filter but the extra $1k was not in the total when I entered my CC for the $250. My SA doesn't know what happened and they cant find the car. He thinks it likely hasn't been built yet and I nabbed one that was supposed to be headed elsewhere. If that's the case he thinks the transport fee won't apply. But Texas is screwed up in so many ways. Has anyone else experienced this? My SA seems to be one of the better ones and I'm hopeful but I've tried talking to other people at Tesla and I've heard all kinds of answers.

I also failed to use my referral. Can I add one after I've ordered?

Thanks!
I sent a text to delivery center, politely requesting to use the referral, way after I placed the order and when I had the confirmed delivery day. They did right away. Good luck.

Why are people worried about getting an LFP vs an NCA. The reason why they sent out the email about LFO battery cars being available on the existing inventory page was because they knew they couldn't use them to fulfil current orders due to the agreement we all sign when we place our order. If they were just going to use LFP batteries to fill current customer orders then they wouldn't have dropped so many of them on that page. They want to get through their existing customer wait list asap. It would really piss people off if they found out customers were able to cut in line and got the exact same car as they did.

For my LFP.
This is identical to mine. Another giveaway: When you go to set the charge limit, there is no delineation of “daily” and “trip” on the range of possibilities.

My car had an 89% charge at delivery. I played a LONG time in the heat (91 degrees today) and also drove quite a bit. Then I decided to charge it on our Clipper Creek HCS 40. It is delivering 32A as expected. I set it at 100%, thinking I would then give the battery a chance to calibrate. Well, that last 5% is taking quite a while.

Reactions: theothertom
Question... once you receive your VIN, is it almost guaranteed that the car will be delivered on the said EDD?
I got my VIN on Sat. Delivery window was Sept 22-28 at that point. I called Tesla. The guy told me the vehicle was scheduled to arrive at my pickup point on Sept 26 but that could be sooner or a bit later. He set my delivery appt for Sept 27 at 10am (opening) and suggested I call a week out to see if the car was going to be delivered sooner. I thought it was helpful to understand what goes into the actual delivery. Then there is unforeseen stuff too.

I got my VIN on Sat. Delivery window was Sept 22-28 at that point. I called Tesla. The guy told me the vehicle was scheduled to arrive at my pickup point on Sept 26 but that could be sooner or a bit later. He set my delivery appt for Sept 27 at 10am (opening) and suggested I call a week out to see if the car was going to be delivered sooner. I thought it was helpful to understand what goes into the actual delivery. Then there is unforeseen stuff too.
Was this for the CATL battery?

Delivery scheduled for Monday Buena Park!
My original EDD was 8/29 - 9/8. Earlier this week delayed to 9/13-9/22.

For anyone with end of august orders and have not schedule delivery. I was able to get a ticket submitted to transfer my car from fremont to the delivery center by calling the delivery center and saying "I have had my vin for over two weeks now and have yet to receive a text to schedule delivery". The SA pinged my car (to verify it was ready for transfer) and escalated a ticket to get my car transfer to the DC. I did this on Thursday and received a delivery text this morning!

Just keep calling your DC saying those magic words until someone actually helps you!
What configuration did you order? I’ll be picking up in BP too, but I ordered 07/16 and still don’t have a VIN. They have changed my estimated delivery date so many times. Most recently yesterday they changed it to 9/13 to 9/27. I ordered a M3 SR+ in white with black interior. I am so anxious!