Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered online about a week ago. EDD is December 6- Jan 6th. I feel like I’ve learned how I should have done it from watching here. Is it worth it to try to watch existing inventory and cancel my original order? I’m not in a huge rush, but now I’m excited and impatient lol. Would really just like something before a thanksgiving trip. We’ve been sharing a car for over a year and can manage a little longer.

You could keep one car in Seattle and the other in Los Angeles… Have you driven your new car up to Seattle yet? At some point I might be driving up to BC so I have been looking for threads on TMC that might discuss this. Came across this one thread about a segment between Springfield and Grant’s Pass, Oregon that seems to tax people’s SR+ battery range: Springfield to Grants Pass drive. And another: SR+ NW roadtrip
Drove through Grants Pass today. It was okay. There are some crazy inclines but you end up getting down anyways. Charging in Springfield right now.

Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm picking up one of the new M3SR+ with LFP battery that were released into inventory recently, with what appears to be a very low serial number (48,000 range) compared to what Tesla has built and sold so far this year (probably between 500-600K).

Is there any correspondence between serial number and build date? Is this car a reject from early in the year that they slapped an LFP battery into? Is there any possibility that it doesn't have the 2021 updates (heat pump, center console, etc)?

Has anyone taken delivery of one of the LFP ones yet? What range is your serial number and what is your build date? Thanks!

I just received a text saying:
Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.
Anyone else get this?

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.
Anyone else get this?
Are you concerned about missing a possible $7500 tax credit if you take delivery in January?

Appreciate everyone being so generous with the shared knowledge, empathy, good vibes etc.

So many of my questions were answered by asking or searching here, which was immeasurably helpful amidst mostly radio silence from the manufacturer.

Here’s to timely deliveries for all 🍻

Attachments

• C3B19347-9E5D-4BB5-BB97-04B3BC646A82.jpeg
    C3B19347-9E5D-4BB5-BB97-04B3BC646A82.jpeg
    933.1 KB · Views: 66
Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm picking up one of the new M3SR+ with LFP battery that were released into inventory recently, with what appears to be a very low serial number (48,000 range) compared to what Tesla has built and sold so far this year (probably between 500-600K).

Is there any correspondence between serial number and build date? Is this car a reject from early in the year that they slapped an LFP battery into? Is there any possibility that it doesn't have the 2021 updates (heat pump, center console, etc)?

Has anyone taken delivery of one of the LFP ones yet? What range is your serial number and what is your build date? Thanks!
You can go to the VIN decoder. Basically if the 10th digit is M, it's a 2021 model. I'm not aware of any 2021 models that didn't have the updates.
VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Note you can easily see what the center console is like from the outside before accepting delivery. Another easy way to tell is the trim is all black instead of chrome.
25 Changes That Tesla Made To The Model 3 With The 2021 Refresh

Anyone else get this?
I just received the same text! Great news, but interesting they are offering the option to defer.

Anyone else get this?
I just got this text a few minutes ago!

I just got this from Tesla. My EDD has been 9/15 today until 9/29.:

Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September. Does anybody know when I can realistically get the original NCL car how long to make it, ship it to san Dieg and then prep it. been waiting for 4 months Thanks

The EDD for my SR+ (silver, white interior, 19” wheel) have been showing 8/4 to 8/17 for the past week. Then, today (8/4), it is suddenly changed to 9/2 to 9/21 :-(

I do not yet have a VIN. I placed my order in early July. Most frustrating.

Finally. For the order I placed in July 8 (SR+, silver, white interior, 19” wheel), I got the following SMS text just now ….

”Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in September.

Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.”