Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally. For the order I placed in July 8 (SR+, silver, white interior, 19” wheel), I got the following SMS text just now ….

”Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.”
Assuming that you replied SEPTEMBER, did you get the VIN?

I got the text - replied September but no VIN yet.

Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm picking up one of the new M3SR+ with LFP battery that were released into inventory recently, with what appears to be a very low serial number (48,000 range) compared to what Tesla has built and sold so far this year (probably between 500-600K).

Is there any correspondence between serial number and build date? Is this car a reject from early in the year that they slapped an LFP battery into? Is there any possibility that it doesn't have the 2021 updates (heat pump, center console, etc)?

Has anyone taken delivery of one of the LFP ones yet? What range is your serial number and what is your build date? Thanks!
I just checked the order tracking spreadsheet, 48xxx serial number appears to be assigned from 8/26~8/29. Not sure when it was actually built though.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVflyer
out of curiosity when did you get the text and the then the text to schedule delivery? Thanks!

the build text and the delivery text were within the same hour or so. I was quick to reply "SEPTEMBER".

an interesting data point -- my fiancé hasn't received a build text or a delivery text for his 7/17 or 9/12 order (both with approx. EDDs of 9/18-9/30). his orders are red/white/18" and red/black/18", respectively.

but I didn't even have an EDD until today. maybe the fairy dust I sprinkled last night worked.

Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm picking up one of the new M3SR+ with LFP battery that were released into inventory recently, with what appears to be a very low serial number (48,000 range) compared to what Tesla has built and sold so far this year (probably between 500-600K).

Is there any correspondence between serial number and build date? Is this car a reject from early in the year that they slapped an LFP battery into? Is there any possibility that it doesn't have the 2021 updates (heat pump, center console, etc)?

Has anyone taken delivery of one of the LFP ones yet? What range is your serial number and what is your build date? Thanks!
Don't think vin numbers are ever sequential order. I have a vin number for a NCA battery SR+ coming to NJ next week and the vin is 064xxx. It will soon be up for grabs if anyone wants it since I'm buying a LR that just came in.

the build text and the delivery text were within the same hour or so. I was quick to reply "SEPTEMBER".

an interesting data point -- my fiancé hasn't received a build text or a delivery text for his 7/17 or 9/12 order (both with approx. EDDs of 9/18-9/30). his orders are red/white/18" and red/black/18", respectively.

but I didn't even have an EDD until today. maybe the fairy dust I sprinkled last night worked.
Great thanks! I got the text today and replied straight away and just received another text around an hour ago saying "Great! You'll receive an automated text message to scheduled your delivery appointment once your vehicle has finished production" My EDD 9/16-9/30 for black/white/18"

Reactions: sleon