Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered M3 SR+. Silver Metallic , Black Seats, Aero Wheels. Order placed July 20th EDD- Oct 7-Oct 27 VIN- Pending. Seems like we are so close in all aspects and also to the delivery. Not sure if we get LFP battery?
You will get NCA battery car vehicle. That is what was available when you ordered. This was confirmed by Tesla SA in NJ when I asked about my SR+ vehicle being delivered that I passed on.

GUESS WHO IS GONNA BE CALLING THE DC LIKE A PSYCHO TOMORROW TO TRY + TAKE EARLY DELIVERY????
💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
OMG PLS DON'T PULL A RICHARD 😂 I am semi-convinced they delayed my delivery just because I called like a maniac and they wanted to mess with me.

If you see one of my posts before the delay you could clearly see I remarked "the person picking up sure sounded vengeful"🥲🥲

• Funny
Reactions: asquared17
Well, I've decided to change my reservation from SR+ to the LR Model 3. Since I can't guarantee an LFP battery pack through custom order, I'm going for more range, better stability, and better performance. If existing stock LFPs are still up for grabs in November, which is when I'll financially be able to purchase a new vehicle, I might switch back. Until then, I'm gonna stick with this order.

Well, I've decided to change my reservation from SR+ to the LR Model 3. Since I can't guarantee an LFP battery pack through custom order, I'm going for more range, better stability, and better performance. If existing stock LFPs are still up for grabs in November, which is when I'll financially be able to purchase a new vehicle, I might switch back. Until then, I'm gonna stick with this order.

Congrats! I did a bunch of playing around with "A Better Route Planner" online, entering various trips and driving conditions, then selecting the SR+ LFP, SR+ NCA, and LR model 3's to see how it impacted the total trip time. For the very few trips I'm likely to make in the car, there wasn't enough time difference to make it worth the expense to me. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend spending some time with "A Better Route Planner" to see how much difference the LR will make in your case.

Reactions: daviddumais
I think the only way to ensure you get an LFP at this point is to buy one from existing inventory. And the best way to do that is to get on the Discord where all the new inventory cars are being posted. Set up notifications for your state (and maybe surrounding states), and act quickly on the car you want.

Congrats! I did a bunch of playing around with "A Better Route Planner" online, entering various trips and driving conditions, then selecting the SR+ LFP, SR+ NCA, and LR model 3's to see how it impacted the total trip time. For the very few trips I'm likely to make in the car, there wasn't enough time difference to make it worth the expense to me. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend spending some time with "A Better Route Planner" to see how much difference the LR will make in your case.
ABRP is great, and was a big help for me too when I was deciding whether an SR+ would have enough range for me. And for what it's worth, I did my first 114 mile round-trip commute in my SR+ LFP yesterday. With all the talk about how you should only expect to get 80% of the EPA range, the fact is that my trip to work (which is net downhill) I got 102% of the listed range, and on my way home (which is net uphill) I got 97% of the listed range. I left home with a full charge showing 254 miles, and 57 miles later the car still showed 199 miles of range left. That was mostly doing 60-75 MPH on the freeway. To be fair, I was in Chill mode and the weather was perfect. But I did have the HVAC running some, it showed me that if you drive the car conservatively you can get the advertised range, or even a bit more. Eliminated any range anxiety I may have had.

Reactions: TexaCali
I think the only way to ensure you get an LFP at this point is to buy one from existing inventory. And the best way to do that is to get on the Discord where all the new inventory cars are being posted. Set up notifications for your state (and maybe surrounding states), and act quickly on the car you want.

ABRP is great, and was a big help for me too when I was deciding whether an SR+ would have enough range for me. And for what it's worth, I did my first 114 mile round-trip commute in my SR+ LFP yesterday. With all the talk about how you should only expect to get 80% of the EPA range, the fact is that my trip to work (which is net downhill) I got 102% of the listed range, and on my way home (which is net uphill) I got 97% of the listed range. I left home with a full charge showing 254 miles, and 57 miles later the car still showed 199 miles of range left. That was mostly doing 60-75 MPH on the freeway. To be fair, I was in Chill mode and the weather was perfect. But I did have the HVAC running some, it showed me that if you drive the car conservatively you can get the advertised range, or even a bit more. Eliminated any range anxiety I may have had.
In my 2 years with my 2019 SR, I averaged just over 200wh/mi (this was with two winter seasons, one with nordic snow tires). I almost always beat the rated range unless I was going over 75mph for long periods of time or in winter. I have done dozens of long road trips, SR and SR+ up here in the mid-atlantic is perfectly fine for road tripping.

Reactions: Baluchi
You won't regret the choice at all. I just picked up a LR after refusing my SR+ order when I got Vin numbers for both cars within days. The speed difference and performance in the AWD is well worth the upgrade and you will notice a huge upgrade in the sound system. Extra range is something you may think you never need but when you have it you feel much more at ease on longer trips especially in colder poor weather conditions if that applies to where you live.

In my 2 years with my 2019 SR, I averaged just over 200wh/mi (this was with two winter seasons, one with nordic snow tires). I almost always beat the rated range unless I was going over 75mph for long periods of time or in winter. I have done dozens of long road trips, SR and SR+ up here in the mid-atlantic is perfectly fine for road tripping.
Sounds good. Keep up updated on colder weather road trips with the LFP battery pack to see if the range drop rumors are for real.

You won't regret the choice at all. I just picked up a LR after refusing my SR+ order when I got Vin numbers for both cars within days. The speed difference and performance in the AWD is well worth the upgrade and you will notice a huge upgrade in the sound system. Extra range is something you may think you never need but when you have it you feel much more at ease on longer trips especially in colder poor weather conditions if that applies to where you live.
I'm so tempted to do LR, especially if there is a tax credit in play come January. But I'm just so darn cheap. Will probably just need to drink some tequila (the best booze for making bad decisions) and do it.

There's no telling how much longer the LFP option will be around though... I specifically requested that I wanted that battery pack to my SA, but I've only heard of 1 other person being able to request and received the LFP pack. I keep checking the existing inventory page, but they either sell out too fast or have FSD tacked on for an additional $10K...
Pretty sure if you see one with FSD, you can ask them to remove it. Its only software. Not 100%, but its worth a shot