Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forum. Didn't know it existed until today.

I have a Model 3 Standard Range + to deliver Sept 25-30 (after being updated 4 times from the original Sept 15-29).

Two questions, if I'm allowed:

a) Is this car realistically going to deliver within this window?
b) How do I pay the remaining balance until they reach out. Even after they do, their standard ACH transfer will probably take 2-3 days, no?

Any way of paying them before they reach out?

I have a Model 3 Standard Range + to deliver Sept 25-30 (after being updated 4 times from the original Sept 15-29).

b) How do I pay the remaining balance until they reach out. Even after they do, their standard ACH transfer will probably take 2-3 days, no?

I was in the same exact situation as you with a similar delivery window (9/15-9/30) before it started to narrow and settled on 9/22-9/24. I chose to deliver today because of work and kids. I am in the Lyft now on my way to pick up my car!

On your second question, I paid a couple of days ago through mu Tesla account using Plaid. It’s integrated into the delivery process. Not sure if that answers your question.

Reactions: SpeshilT

I should have also specified, I’m in the LA area as well. I’m picking up in MDR. Are you picking up or having it delivered?

I was in the same exact situation as you with a similar delivery window (9/15-9/30) before it started to narrow and settled on 9/22-9/24. I chose to deliver today because of work and kids. I am in the Lyft now on my way to pick up my car!

On your second question, I paid a couple of days ago through mu Tesla account using Plaid. It’s integrated into the delivery process. Not sure if that answers your question.
Thanks @Pablocrisp.

Yah, it sounds like there's an option through plaid that gets the funds to them right away? Do you still have to wire or can you use a credit card via plaid? I haven't used it before.

I was just concerned they would require the wire that will take normally 2-3 days.

Looks like you're just south of me in South Bay. I'm hoping they reach out soon since I was hoping to take it for a road trip next Friday.

I took mine to the service center and asked them what battery I had. They went to their computer, came back and set it to 100% (LFP). I asked if they could give me a print out stating the type of battery I had and they said they couldnt do that. I asked if they could take a picture of the screen and again the answer was "No". Whats so secretive about the type of battery!!!! Wish Tesla would come out with a definitive answer.
why don't u just check the charging screen in your car? simple, ez, awesome

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoG
Thanks @Pablocrisp.

Yah, it sounds like there's an option through plaid that gets the funds to them right away? Do you still have to wire or can you use a credit card via plaid? I haven't used it before.

I was just concerned they would require the wire that will take normally 2-3 days.

Looks like you're just south of me in South Bay. I'm hoping they reach out soon since I was hoping to take it for a road trip next Friday.
No, all through Plaid. I also wanted to pay my down with a credit card so I could get points, but they don’t accept credit cards.

All that said, here it is! Exterior looks great. Some minor scratches and blemishes, but that will be taken care of with paint correction. Panels gaps all look great except the rear tail lights which will need to be adjusted. Still need to check the interior…

47C5C26C-47B6-4E3D-82F8-60948F53BA28.jpeg

No, all through Plaid. I also wanted to pay my down with a credit card so I could get points, but they don’t accept credit cards.

All that said, here it is! Exterior looks great. Some minor scratches and blemishes, but that will be taken care of with paint correction. Panels gaps all look great except the rear tail lights which will need to be adjusted. Still need to check the interior…

View attachment 713808
Awesome. Looks sweet.

Yah, was hoping for the same with CC. Still trying to figure out plaid.

Have fun and good luck with the new 3! Mine is red. Will post an update once I’m in your shoes.

I followed you. Keep in touch!

OKAY FAM!!!!

my apologies for the EXTREME delay. i did not sleep last night and have been running on fumes.

also today was the day that i needed to swing by the apple store to pick up and activate my new phone AND turn my existing lease back in AND get my butt to princeton by 4pm as it was the only slot they could accommodate before my original pickup on 9.27.

SHE IS A BEAUT.

delivery went well, the SA who walked me thru the process was extremely kind and patient, for which i was very grateful.

unsure if i mentioned this or not but,,,, i’ve never driven a tesla before??????

THE LEARNING CURVE WAS STEEP.

there was some harrowing traffic on my 45 min drive home as well as the car and i getting used to each other. also apparently i have a premium streaming trial but my spotify crapped out and i was too afraid to find other free options so i drove in silence.

(fun fact; i LIVE for music + car concerts in my vehicle so this was maybe the most painful part of the experience. 😩😩😩)

i basically white-knuckled it the entire drive home but am happy to report that padme + i are both in one piece. her mats, screen protector and console tray are now in place. and i’m already on that slow-trickle 4mph (or however you measure 😂) charge as we speak.

the ONLY downfall,,,,, a black mark found on the bumper when we got home + warped key cards. couldn’t see the bumper mark bc they had backed the car in next to other vehicles and there was no way to get that angle.

OTHERWISE!!!!!

thank you @pipp @RichardMa0830 @KirtBall + the rest of the TMC fam for sticking with me on this journey!!!!

it takes a VILLAGE.

couldn’t have done it without y’all. 💚💚💚💚

Attachments

• FDC88467-0B5F-49A8-AAC4-F2C7BEDC6EDF.jpeg
    FDC88467-0B5F-49A8-AAC4-F2C7BEDC6EDF.jpeg
    635.9 KB · Views: 73
  • D1778495-F157-4CFD-8399-9BD6464385E2.jpeg
    D1778495-F157-4CFD-8399-9BD6464385E2.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 66
  • B1E98D66-C72D-4F03-BD44-8992770F4328.jpeg
    B1E98D66-C72D-4F03-BD44-8992770F4328.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 60
I emailed my SA a few days ago and only noticed a delivery date change on the site. I love how responsive the SAs are… Hoping I can take delivery this weekend with no issues
This must be a NJ thing because from what I’ve experienced thus far, it’s very tough to get a hold of any of them - even when you have their direct emails. I’ve had maybe 2-3 good experiences, but that’s it. Even at the test drive center, they are rarely all about customer service. You can tell that they’re not 100% into making the experience mind blowing. They avoided making eye contact and acted busy.

This is here in LA FYI.

@asquared17 Yah!!! How exciting and what a beauty! So glad you made it back safely …which i am sure was the longest 45 min drive ever.

bummer about the bumper and the keys. Makes me wonder why they didn’t give you a new set of key cards knowing these were warped. Are you going to ask the Tesla service center about the bumper mark?

Seeing you with your new baby makes it super real for me now since we were literally twining each step of the way.

75 day milestone and totally worth it! Cheers my friend!

@asquared17 Yah!!! How exciting and what a beauty! So glad you made it back safely …which i am sure was the longest 45 min drive ever.

bummer about the bumper and the keys. Makes me wonder why they didn’t give you a new set of key cards knowing these were warped. Are you going to ask the Tesla service center about the bumper mark?

Seeing you with your new baby makes it super real for me now since we were literally twining each step of the way.

75 day milestone and totally worth it! Cheers my friend!
i put in a service request for bumper + key cards since i didn’t notice either until we got home.

full disclosure, i totally had the downloaded checklist and got so overwhelmed that i was like ANY GLARING ISSUES? NO? OKAY LETS ROLL!!

i’m so exciting for you to get yours next!!! it’s going to be so worth it!!

• Funny
Reactions: KirtBall
OKAY FAM!!!!

my apologies for the EXTREME delay. i did not sleep last night and have been running on fumes.

also today was the day that i needed to swing by the apple store to pick up and activate my new phone AND turn my existing lease back in AND get my butt to princeton by 4pm as it was the only slot they could accommodate before my original pickup on 9.27.

SHE IS A BEAUT.

delivery went well, the SA who walked me thru the process was extremely kind and patient, for which i was very grateful.

unsure if i mentioned this or not but,,,, i’ve never driven a tesla before??????

there was some harrowing traffic on my 45 min drive home as well as the car and i getting used to each other. also apparently i have a premium streaming trial but my spotify crapped out and i was too afraid to find other free options so i drove in silence.

(fun fact; i LIVE for music + car concerts in my vehicle so this was maybe the most painful part of the experience. 😩😩😩)

i basically white-knuckled it the entire drive home but am happy to report that padme + i are both in one piece. her mats, screen protector and console tray are now in place. and i’m already on that slow-trickle 4mph (or however you measure 😂) charge as we speak.

the ONLY downfall,,,,, a black mark found on the bumper when we got home + warped key cards. couldn’t see the bumper mark bc they had backed the car in next to other vehicles and there was no way to get that angle.

OTHERWISE!!!!!

thank you @pipp @RichardMa0830 @KirtBall + the rest of the TMC fam for sticking with me on this journey!!!!

it takes a VILLAGE.

Congratulations. Bummer about the bumper. I am sure they can fix it.

Reactions: asquared17
OKAY FAM!!!!

SHE IS A BEAUT.

OTHERWISE!!!!!

it takes a VILLAGE.

Nice work a-squared, you took everything Tesla could throw at you and you handled it. Good story that ended well. Now that you and RichardMa0830 have your cars, the excitement is mostly over as far as I am concerned. Time for me to recede further into the background and make a habit of popping out infrequently for an occasional question I need answered. Thanks to you two and to the other folks on here who were friendly and agreeable and helpful in helping me work through all this mess! Good luck!

Same here! But a-squared is going over the checklist twice, and then needs to cruise Jersey for a few hours in the new wheels. It will be the end of an era and an epic saga when this acquisition is finally completed!

OKAY FAM!!!!

SHE IS A BEAUT.

OTHERWISE!!!!!

it takes a VILLAGE.

BAM! Gavel drops, deal is sealed.

WHAT A RIDE! Lol now we can all graduate from this waiting room!!!

And concurring to the "have never driven a Tesla before" part lmao. My friend who took the delivery on my behalf literally judged me for buying a car I have never test driven before. I panicked, forgot about Regen, and was frantically trying to figure out why my car would not move.

They don’t have to receive the payment before vehicle delivery. You can initiate the Plaid transfer literally from their parking lot prior to pick up.

Please don’t pay until you have a concrete delivery day and not until maybe a day prior - things change last minute, especially with the end of quarter rush and you dont want to be without your money if they cannot happen to deliver your vehicle. Getting refunds from Tesla can be a very long process.

good luck!