Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, i ordered my m3 sr+ base on 08/10 and after that I didn’t hear back anything! I even called the sales team and they didn’t tell me who my SA is and just referred me to online account. My EDD is oct. 21 - nov. 10, do I need to do anything?

Hi all, i ordered my m3 sr+ base on 08/10 and after that I didn’t hear back anything! I even called the sales team and they didn’t tell me who my SA is and just referred me to online account. My EDD is oct. 21 - nov. 10, do I need to do anything?
Depends on whether you want to talk with someone. I did everything online on my phone and never spoke with anyone. All communication was through text and email until I went to pick up my car. As I got closer to delivery they started texting and emailing more frequently. They were actually quite responsive through these channels.

Reactions: SpeshilT
Unfortunately, you just have to wait a little longer.

You really don't get any solid information until you're near getting a VIN.

End of the quarter, Tesla will prioritize shipping cars to orders that are closer to Fremont (ex. California orders). The time you place your order really doesn't make sense. Tesla doesn't fulfill orders on a first come first serve basis. They fulfill them based on how reliable they can have the car marked as "delivered". If the car is stuck in transit, it doesn't reflect as delivered on their quarter end books.

The farther you're away from Fremont, the more prioritized you are during a new quarter start.

So it looks like my vehicle that was originally due last week and pushed to this week was totalled in Hurricane Henri. Therefore, my VIN will be released and I will be put back in the Queue. Has anyone experienced a similar situation and what can Tesla do to help? I am selling my car privately on Wednesday, which was planned assuming I would have my Tesla. I've been told they are trying to escalate my request for a new vehicle, but this all is very dissapointing.

I am picking up in Fresno, EDD is 9/28-30. I still don't have a VIN either.

I had ordered 7/17. my EDD kept moving and creeping and when it moved to 9/25-9/30, i got an email on 9/25 that we had a vin! Then text message the next morning to schedule delivery…then another text a few hours later saying they can deliver to the house!

Maybe you’ll get a VIN tomorrow!

I had ordered 7/17. my EDD kept moving and creeping and when it moved to 9/25-9/30, i got an email on 9/25 that we had a vin! Then text message the next morning to schedule delivery…then another text a few hours later saying they can deliver to the house!

I hope so lol.

Picked up at the Paramus location today. Couple of small cosmetic issues: Passenger side headlight has a scuff mark that appears to be on the inside, saw a similar scuff mark on another 3. The alignment of the tail lights is not quite flush on the pass side. The trunk lights appear more recess, the driver side was fine. It seems like all the 3s on the lot had this issue. The rear bumper clip is a little loose, again on the passenger side.

A lot to learn about this car. Very surprising that homelink cost extra, my 11 year old Sienna has homelink. I have to dig out the old garage remote.

Reactions: daviddumais
You can always use the add a new driver function post delivery… although the chat agent can most likely help you with that. @asquared17 is an expert on car account changes ;)
hahaha idk about expert 😂 but i would recommend calling tesla at the delivery hotline so they can make account changes or get you put into the hands of someone who can!!