Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 SR+ Blue Aero (Ordered Aug 14)

Has anyone have there order moved to end of January? Mine has been moving around lot. Was Dec, Then Oct, back to Nov, then back to end of Oct. Now end of January. Seems crazy how much it's been moving around. haha
Ordered Aug 1, EDD was Nov, then Oct 5-
M3 SR+ Blue Aero (Ordered Aug 14)

Has anyone have there order moved to end of January? Mine has been moving around lot. Was Dec, Then Oct, back to Nov, then back to end of Oct. Now end of January. Seems crazy how much it's been moving around. haha
ordered 8/1. EDD was nov, moved to oct, the back to nov

Ordered SR+ blk 19in last feb. now scheduled to pick it on Tuesday. Originally had to delay original delivery date in march as carb tax credits ran out 2 weeks before i was suppose to take delivery. They were trying to acquire more funding by the summer and I qualified for 11k, so I delayed taking a new one every couple of months when they would ask me to take delivery on one. Fortunately throughout this time I still managed to keep the 36.9k base price and after receiving another call last wednesday the SA said I have been lucky to keep that price as the computer should have cancelled it long ago. I didn't want to take a chance and delay again and risk waiting again several months from now. Tax credits should return next year but I am saving 5k off the current price so that is something.
I was suppose to pick it up Friday but missed my train, then the manager called as said Freemont put a hold on my car that it needs to have the airbag clip inspected before they can release it. I was scheduled sat. to pick it up but now its Tuesday. I did drive by the service center a hour away as i was in the area to see it and the outside looks great. My avitar is the EV1 prototype which is what first got me interested it EV's when I read about back in 1990 so I can wait another day or so.

Live in Toronto area. Ordered SR+ Black in July. Delivery was set for September 15, then moved to Oct 16. Last week it was Oct 25-Nov 8. Today it’s Oct 31-Nov 4. Pushed but window got smaller. What gives? Will I ever get this car??? LOL

Attachments

• 1A13CA8A-CC8F-4186-97D5-7B9989EF84C1.png
    1A13CA8A-CC8F-4186-97D5-7B9989EF84C1.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 90
  • D717973E-016E-4939-8DF3-BF93ED902D15.jpeg
    D717973E-016E-4939-8DF3-BF93ED902D15.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 71
My avitar is the EV1 prototype which is what first got me interested it EV's when I read about back in 1990 so I can wait another day or so.
You are correct. That's the GM Impact concept car from which many of the design attributes of EV1 were derived. My avatar is the EV1 cockpit. I'm a former GM engineer with A LOT of seat time in EV1. When the Model 3 came out I instantly thought of the EV1 interior, with the central display and all the controls consolidated into the radio module and the shifter module. That part around the shifter is a single piece and has all the physical buttons (except for stalks) in the cockpit integrated into it.

Reactions: BnGrm
Originally wanted the SR+ but the wait to next May to August was far too long, so I placed an order for a LR that would be here in 4-8 weeks. Well, I got lucky today and there was a MSM/black/19” in inventory near me with less than 50 miles and I snagged it! It’ll be here 10/20-10/24

You are correct. That's the GM Impact concept car from which many of the design attributes of EV1 were derived. My avatar is the EV1 cockpit. I'm a former GM engineer with A LOT of seat time in EV1. When the Model 3 came out I instantly thought of the EV1 interior, with the central display and all the controls consolidated into the radio module and the shifter module. That part around the shifter is a single piece and has all the physical buttons (except for stalks) in the cockpit integrated into it.
You're lucky to have gotten so much seat time, I never had the pleasure. My cousin owned a saturn dealership in S cal. and could have gotten me 1 but the $499 lease was too expensive for me. I loved reading all the stories about it and especially the charge across America.

Reactions: alset3000
Received my VIN this morning. Ordered MSM SR+ with aero wheels on 9/9 and EDD is 10/31-11/6. How accurate is that window when you first receive it? I am on vacation starting on 11/3 so if it isn’t available for pickup until that later half of the range I can’t get it. Will call my SA.

It is a 2021 model. Was hoping for a 2022.

Reactions: alset3000
For those of you picking up SR+ 18"... can you let me know what tire you are getting? MXM4 T1's are out of stock everywhere; I suspect that's partially why Base SR+ are pushed out to late next year. I received Pilot Sport 4 Summer Tires with my SR+. So if you're up north and are picking up an SR+, please please please check your tires! You should not drive the summer tires below 45F or so! I'm changing mine out ASAP with CC2's because MXM4 is out of stock, I called Michelin, even they aren't sure when they'll have them.

Update:

SR+ Order with no options
Sacramento, CA

Ordered on 8/10
Original estimated delivery was November
Changed to Oct 8-28
Changed to Oct 2-10
Changed to Oct 5-12
Changed to Oct 15-Nov 12
Changed to Oct 13-Oct 27
Changed to Oct 16-Oct 28
Today, Changed to Oct 21-Nov 4

I haven't received a Tesla Vison email and I don't see the VIN in my account (not in the source code either)

Ordered 10/8, being delivered on 10/23. SR+, 19in wheels, White exterior/Black interior. After the 2k price jump but total is the same as Carvana was offering me for the 2018 LR RWD w 32k miles and 8 months of warranty left. Even swap at 44-45k. The 2018 has FSD but I never used the features (and don't know if it will ever work). Maybe I got lucky?

Reactions: voxel
Ordered 10/8, being delivered on 10/23. SR+, 19in wheels, White exterior/Black interior. After the 2k price jump but total is the same as Carvana was offering me for the 2018 LR RWD w 32k miles and 8 months of warranty left. Even swap at 44-45k. The 2018 has FSD but I never used the features (and don't know if it will ever work). Maybe I got lucky?

I was able to snag a M3 SR+ with 19" in the free inventory last week (Oct 29th delivery) so they are pushing out SR+ models heavily. Saw 35 appear one day.

Is Carvana offering $44K? Won't you lose on the taxes?