Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BIG NEWS!!!

idk what Tesla gods saw me suffering and helped me out, but last night I got assigned a VIN and the vision agreement. I didn’t wanna get too excited, because I figured they may be a little more of a wait until I can get an actual delivery appt, but it was definitely a huge relief knowing that the order is onto the next step. Then, this morning, I got the call to schedule my delivery!!!

I’m now scheduled to pickup 10/30! I hope it’s more smooth sailing from here up until delivery. It’s looking like a lot of us CA folks are getting their blessings right now. Sharing this as a little glimmer of hope for everyone, your car WILL come, they won’t forget about you! :)
Congrats!!! Hoping to get a similar email soon too!

Reactions: SMIERTC and fpskeli
BIG NEWS!!!

idk what Tesla gods saw me suffering and helped me out, but last night I got assigned a VIN and the vision agreement. I didn’t wanna get too excited, because I figured they may be a little more of a wait until I can get an actual delivery appt, but it was definitely a huge relief knowing that the order is onto the next step. Then, this morning, I got the call to schedule my delivery!!!

I’m now scheduled to pickup 10/30! I hope it’s more smooth sailing from here up until delivery. It’s looking like a lot of us CA folks are getting their blessings right now. Sharing this as a little glimmer of hope for everyone, your car WILL come, they won’t forget about you! :)
CONGRATS! Do you mind if I ask what model you are getting and when you made your order? My date was moved earlier so I am hoping I get my VIN and agreement soon. I just pulled the trigger on financing.

Reactions: fpskeli
Ordered September 4th w/ eta January 2022
On September 5 changed to Oct 23- Nov 12
On Sept 19 - date disappeared
On September 26 - Dec 22 - Jan 11
On October 14 changed to Nov 21- Dec 19
On October 17 changed to Dec 13- Dec 31
On October 28 changed to Nov 20- Dec 18

It’s been a rollercoaster.
What configuration did you get? I believe we are both Burbank. I ordered only a few days before you did.

Reactions: SMIERTC
CONGRATS! Do you mind if I ask what model you are getting and when you made your order? My date was moved earlier so I am hoping I get my VIN and agreement soon. I just pulled the trigger on financing.
thank you!!! i got White/White/Aero no FSD, ordered 8/1. I finished my profile really early on so I think that's what ultimately helped me. In Sept my EDD had stayed in the Oct range for a long time so I applied for financing a month into my order and got lucky with getting a delivery right before the offer expires in about 2 wks.

I ordered back in July being told I should receive the car by September. Needless to say, that didn't happen. I actually went ahead and left the order active but bought a Mustang Mach E. I actually really like the MME, but with the crazy car market right now, on a whim I decided to check what I could sell it for. A friend of mine bought a M3 LR back in late spring for $48k and just sold it to a small dealer near here for $53,500. So, curiosity piqued, and since I still have the M3 SR+ ordered with a new delivery date of Feb to March, I put in a sell request to some of the online car buyers. Keeping in mind I paid ~$47k and got the full $7500 tax credit I'll be able to reclaim next spring, after getting two $50k offers and now a $54k offer :oops:, looks like I'll be selling the MME and getting that SR+ after all!

Now I'm just hoping at this point that my $40k SR+ isn't becoming vaporware. Tesla Corp says that as long as I don't change any aspect of the car, they will honor the price. It would be *wonderful* if I could take delivery within 60 days of parting ways with my MME so that I can get the sales tax credit, but that isn't looking likely. Incidentally, if anyone has a red SR+ at that price you're soon to take delivery of and wanna wait til Feb-March, I could make it worth your while :)

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2 and Big Earl
Can we please use some template for posts on this thread? For most, the only relevant information in the “waiting room” thread is model, order date, original edd, latest edd, and maybe location.

Model: M3SR+, white/black/aero
Ordered 9/21
Original and current EDD : Dec 18- Jan 8

I just received my VIN number. Set for delivery date 11/7-11/11. I ordered mine in September. SR+ black/black. Delivering to Orlando,FL.
Does providing proof of insurance with the VIN speed up the process to anyone's knowledge?
No, it doesn't change anything. I never provided them proof of insurance with the actual vin until in person at delivery. Only provided our insurance card to show we had insurance in general online

VIN popped up today, but for some reason they are wanting my bank account to pay, even though i was 3rd party financing, i talked to the SA last night he said he changed it, but when it popped today i got on to get it going and still says the same thing, Even did online chat they said they fixed it, and to refresh page, now, Still the same, kind of frustrated about it now

Hey everyone. Just received an email today to call an SA Miguel in San Juan. He told me my Model 3 is loading on the ship and will be here in Puerto Rico on 11-18-21. A few day of inspection and getting it ready, to pick it up on Saturday Nov. 20. I settled for Tuesday Nov. 23 2:00 pm. So far so good. I estimated about a 3 month wait when I ordered. That’s how long another guy waited to get his to Puerto Rico. Changed my mine to finance. Can’t go with Tesla loan because they don’t do PR. So I will be going to Pen Fed Credit Union out here. The SA recommended it to me. Good luck to everyone. I’ll post picks and progress.

Ordered 08-09-2021
Received email 10-28-2021
Pick up date 11-23-2021

Attachments

• 382F947E-5C1C-4412-BB67-66B8C4F4932D.jpeg
    382F947E-5C1C-4412-BB67-66B8C4F4932D.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 80