Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/14, SR+ solid black with black interior
EDD was end of September at the beginning, then I got an email about the LFP battery inventory.
Later on EDD updated from
10/15-10/29
10/18-11/1
10/21-11/4
10/25-11/15
and now 10/27 to 11/8
I do not have a VIN still, so most likely I will see date change again tomorrow..
Got the VIN last night! and scheduled delivery 11/1, home delivery was the only option. Glad that it's finally here!

Someone ordered in July with EDD in October also got pushed out to September 2022. I hope this is just an error on their side.
Similar thing happened to me. Called my SA and they confirmed it was an error due to their change of inventory location. My EDD sat on September for a few days then moved to December and now to Oct 30 - Nov 10th.

Reactions: vsg055
Schedule delivery, i guess i live close enough where they are just dropping off at the house, cant wait for Monday
Home delivery is the best!

On my first, I didn't even know it was in my driveway. I'd just randomly checked my email and had one from Tesla to accept delivery in the app and open the car.

All the docs were on the seat in a pre-paid FedEx envelope (only 3 docs to sign). And key cards as well.

Never even saw the guy. Loved it.

Waiting on my 2nd (MSM/White) w/an EDD of Nov.22 - Dec 22. Hasn't changed since I ordered on 9/22.

Home delivery is the best!

On my first, I didn't even know it was in my driveway. I'd just randomly checked my email and had one from Tesla to accept delivery in the app and open the car.

All the docs were on the seat in a pre-paid FedEx envelope (only 3 docs to sign). And key cards as well.

Never even saw the guy. Loved it.

Waiting on my 2nd (MSM/White) w/an EDD of Nov.22 - Dec 22. Hasn't changed since I ordered on 9/22.
That is awesome, i am financing through my bank, do you think the paper work will be there in the docs to put the bank info?

Order Location: Vaughan, ON. Canada
Order Date: August 18, 2021

Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
Red Multi-Coat Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
White Premium Interior
Basic Autopilot
Original Delivery Date: December 2021

EDD Changes:
Dec 02 - Dec 22
Nov 04 - Nov 24
Oct 20 - Nov 02
Nov 04 - Dec 02
Jan 12 - Feb 09 (2022)

This is getting a bit ridiculous… but of course, I’ll continue to wait…

OD 8/12/21
White/White interior/Aero
Assigned VIN 10/28/21
Phoenix, AZ

Unfortunately, I want to wait until January for the tax credit, so I called to release my VIN and spoke with the advisor on my options. I'm really sad to do this.
Estimated delivery date right now is April 2022 if I want to wait until my next match. However, there's a chance that I'll be matched before December 31 and I must accept delivery of that vehicle or I risk my order being canceled. He referenced the order agreement that I would accept a delivery within 90 days of my original order date and I would have to accept the next vehicle matched to me.

I could choose the date on which to remove the unmatchable flag. The option I took was to make me unmatchable until December 12, 2021 which was the latest I could push the order. I also have the ability to click a button earlier to make me matchable. There's still a chance that if a vehicle pops up in Phoenix with the same configuration that someone didn't take delivery of between December 12-31 that I would have to take delivery or risk my order being canceled. If there happened to be my configuration rolling off the line and going to my area, I'd also have to take delivery. He said it was highly likely that a lot of people are thinking the same thing and would also release their VINS waiting for the credit, and I could be reassigned pretty quick--he cautioned. He said what is most likely to happen is that I'll receive delivery in April though.

This was hard for me to do, but I would hate to lose out on an $8k tax credit because I couldn't wait minimum 2 months, possibly 6 months. I'm pretty risk-averse.

What would you have done in my situation?
I guess that depends on how confident you are in the new credit passing. Predicting political outcomes is a crap shoot at best. But certainly, to 90+% of the people ordering a Model 3, $8k is a very significant chunk of change.

If the credit does pass, it will be interesting to see what Tesla does to encourage people to take delivery in 2021. My EDD is currently Dec 17-31....might just happen to be out of town that week.....

I've been experiencing some pretty wild swings in my EDD. My most recent EDD update was January 27th - February 24th. That lasted about a week, then I got a bounce back to November 16th - November 30th this morning when I woke up. The January - February date lasted about a week December change. I'm kind of happy honestly, but I wish that the system were more accurate so it would allow me to budget my funds more accurately.

Weird thing is that the same day that I got an update on my M3SR+ this much closer, I got a delivery update on my Starlink saying that it would be shipped out around the same date. I know it has to be complete coincidence because it is a different company entirely, but I thought it was strange regardless.

Ordered 9/14:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.
EDD Update November 16th - November 30th.

Got SR+ Blue with Black interior - Full Self Driving.

Last edited:
Scheduled delivery for 11/2.

Approved financing through Wells Fargo Auto. I can't seem to find what their specific insurance coverage amounts are? Trying update my info on Progressive right now but can't find those requirements anywhere. Does anyone have any insight into that?

Ordered July 18th. White on white.
Original EDD between 7 to 13 weeks.
Received EOQ delivery text from Tesla in September, but didn’t hear from Tesla afterwards.
VIN was assigned Wednesday 10/27. Delivery was scheduled for 10/30.
Friday 10/29, Dublin CA delivery center called to say the vehicle was stuck at quality control and delivery is tentatively postponed for 11/7… of course they had no trouble cashing my check… I can only hope delivery happens this year.