Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also noticed that in addition to the stated range change and rename to Model 3 without the SR+ branding, the order page no longer states *partial* premium...? Are they taking the opportunity to streamline the build and include the premium stereo and fog lights after the price increase? That would be fantastic. I'll take the added range and stereo over the 0-60, no problem. Again, when will this new Model 3 be rolling off the line? I'm scheduled for Jan 2 - Feb 4 for an MSM with 18s. If everyone is cancelling and I get a call this week- I'll take it with partial premiumand no tax credit. I just need the car.

Reactions: 907XCP
According to this reddit thread, the "new" Model 3 RWD (artist formerly known as SR+) will come with rear heated seats and heated steering wheel and the aforementioned range bump, but increased weight and slower acceleration.
I doubt it. When you look at interior features it clearly says front heated seats and nothing about heater steering. Also audio still shows upgraded immersive vs 14 speakers that shows on long range. I am not sure how the range boost but LFP was less range right?? I am wondering what happens with our orders that will be delivered next year?

If the EV tax credit does pass with effective date starting in Jan 2022, there will be a HUGE drop off in sales for Tesla. 8k is alot of money for anyone especially SR+ buyers. I'm speculating that most people with delivery date in Dec 2021 will try to push it out to 2022.
I'm just hoping Congress is that this dumb, at least make it effective immediately as of the date of the bill's passing. But then again, Congress is owned by the rich, and the union.
The tax credit, as of now, does not include Tesla EV's because they don't use union labor. I don't think it will hurt demand at all. Tesla buyers want Tesla. They can still buy a Leaf or Mach E now but are choosing not to even though those EV's currently get the credit.

The tax credit, as of now, does not include Tesla EV's because they don't use union labor. I don't think it will hurt demand at all. Tesla buyers want Tesla. They can still buy a Leaf or Mach E now but are choosing not to even though those EV's currently get the credit.
Teslas would still qualify for $8k...they just wouldn't qualify for the extra $4,500 "union built" incentive.

Now that SR+ is dropped, I wonder if Tesla will indefinitely postpone delivery of cars ordered at $39,990. If you want a car, then you have to upgrade to the new "Model 3" for $4K more, since SR+ has stopped production.

I still have the mythical $39,990 Model Y SR (no ETA, ordered February 2021, lol) and two Model 3 SR+ cars on order (delivery pushed from November to now December, also at $39,990).

Now that SR+ is dropped, I wonder if Tesla will indefinitely postpone delivery of cars ordered at $39,990. If you want a car, then you have to upgrade to the new "Model 3" for $4K more, since SR+ has stopped production.

I still have the mythical $39,990 Model Y SR (no ETA, ordered February 2021, lol) and two Model 3 SR+ cars on order (delivery pushed from November to now December, also at $39,990).
It's my belief that every LR/P 3 order from this point on will bump any SR+ reservation (especially those reserved prior to the recent $4k price hike) into next year. So if people have a SR+ on order and an EDD currently set for Dec, be 100% not shocked if your EDD is suddenly booted to next year.

Could very well be. I would at least expect them to contact SR+ reservation holders and let them "upgrade" while keeping their place in the que or cancel. But that's obviously not what they did to you with the Y.

It's my belief that every LR/P 3 order from this point on will bump any SR+ reservation (especially those reserved prior to the recent $4k price hike) into next year. So if people have a SR+ on order and an EDD currently set for Dec, be 100% not shocked if your EDD is suddenly booted to next year.

I guess we will soon find out. OD 9/8 (zero options), EDD still shows Dec 17-31 but expecting anything from "your car is read now" to being slow rolled to nowhere like @michaelwb with his model Y.

Same here ready for today, they called yesterday and said that its not here yet, but still on for Monday, th is morning they called again and ,, they said they had all the truckers called back to Fremont and should be tomorow now, sucks bc the cali rebate went from 1500 to 750, so lame especially when i locked it into the price months ago.

Im near sacramento too
I got a text last night about the $750 will be updated as remaining balance due. I have already made my final payment on Saturday, so I have to pay the $750 just because tesla delayed delivery last minute..

Scheduled to take delivery on Friday! Does anyone know if you can switch from Tesla financing to 3rd party? Or is it too late because delivery is so close?
Congratulations- and I'm pleased to hear people are still receiving VINs and delivery dates as I'm concerned about being sidelined as an SR+ reservation holder (since mid July) due to price increase, subtraction of the SR+ model, Hertz order, profit margin on dual motor models...

As far as payment, definitely talk to your SA- but my understanding is that as long as you show up funded, they don't care where the money comes from... I mean, just not Bitcoin. 😂 Change of funding, in my experience, does nothing to delivery date.

• Funny
Reactions: SMIERTC and hlin07
Congratulations- and I'm pleased to hear people are still receiving VINs and delivery dates as I'm concerned about being sidelined as an SR+ reservation holder (since mid July) due to price increase, subtraction of the SR+ model, Hertz order, profit margin on dual motor models...

As far as payment, definitely talk to your SA- but my understanding is that as long as you show up funded, they don't care where the money comes from... I mean, just not Bitcoin. 😂 Change of funding, in my experience, does nothing to delivery date.
Thanks! I'm excited for my pick up appointment.

Spoke to my SA, he confirmed its ok to switch payment now. Much rather go with my bank and get 1.94% over 2.49% tesla was offering.

Reactions: SMIERTC
I couldn’t find anything definitive in this massive thread. I likely just missed it, but I’m wondering if anyone can help me determine if the new order I placed for a SR+ (made mid October in Canada), would result in the car being an LFP battery ?
Thanks.
There is nothing definitive to find. With the range and 0-60 change last night, it's even harder to say.