Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its finally here. Got the delivery on 11/2/21. Its beautiful, no imperfection, every thing went smooth. In/out at Springfield, NJ in less than 10 mins.

OD: 07/24/2021 White/black
Revised order: 8/14/21 Blue/Black
1st EDD: November
2nd EDD: 10/10 - 11/08
3rd EDD: 10/09 - 10/24
4th EDD: 10/24 - 11/09
VIN granted: 10/22/21 with delivery between 11/03 - 11/09
Received message on 10/27 from Tesla for delivery on 11/06 but got it on 11/02.
Tesla.jpg
/21

Its finally here. Got the delivery on 11/2/21. Its beautiful, no imperfection, every thing went smooth. In/out at Springfield, NJ in less than 10 mins.

OD: 07/24/2021 White/black
Revised order: 8/14/21 Blue/Black
1st EDD: November
2nd EDD: 10/10 - 11/08
3rd EDD: 10/09 - 10/24
4th EDD: 10/24 - 11/09
VIN granted: 10/22/21 with delivery between 11/03 - 11/09
Received message on 10/27 from Tesla for delivery on 11/06 but got it on 11/02.View attachment 731832/21
Congrats! So is this a 2022? And can you confirm the rumors of heated steering wheel and premium sound with a sub in the trunk?

Congrats! So is this a 2022? And can you confirm the rumors of heated steering wheel and premium sound with a sub in the trunk?
No, it is 2021 model. It doesn't have heated steering wheel. I heard that "in future" Tesla can enable it with additional cost. Sound seems premium and way better than my 2019 Mercedes. Important item is, next day after taking the delivery, the temperature fell around 35 in NJ and there was NO HEAT. I took the car back to Tesla and they had to refill refrigerant, they didnot charge me anything. Everything now is working perfectly.

I went to the Tesla Vaughan (Canada) service center to pick up a set of BLE TPMS sensors for winter tires in advance of my Jan/ Feb EDD (ordered October 6) and chatted with the service rep there about the upcoming changes for 2022 RWD. He also told me that there was a rumor that this model will come with 16 speakers (my 2018 Model 3 LR has 14 speakers) - same number of speakers as Model S. He refused to confirm anything including the heated steering wheel and rear seat heaters. So fingers crossed that the rumors turn out to be true.:)
Awesome. Heated rear seats and heated steering is conffirmed for sure and multiple SA at diff locations said same thing. Sound system is a big mystery. No one knows whts happening lol.

Congratulations!! I ordered the same specs 9/21, with same pickup location I guess, my EDD is still 12/18-01/07 but this makes me hopeful.

Is there an option to switch to loan at all or do they give you an ultimatum to pay up or wait longer?
Your SA can switch it to loan if you like. In my case, we had just signed off on the re-fi of our house and were explicitly told not to "go out and buy a car this week". I was also told they generally don't hold cars more than 3 days waiting for payment. Given today is a bank holiday, that is a challenge for me. Here is what I understand:
1. payment has to be from a single account (in my case I'm waiting for funds to transfer between accounts so I can pay with one account)
2. If you don't pay electronically, it has to be on a bank printed check with the VIN number of the car listed

I've "accepted" and proceeded with delivery, and scheduled at delivery time for Saturday. As long as the transfer funds hit my account on Friday and I can set up payment with Tesla then I should be good.

Oh, and another twist. They said they will deliver it to my house. I'm in San Jose and was originally told I had to go pick up. So my prediction is you will get a call on some random day before your delivery window saying "your car is ready now"......exciting and frustrating at the same time.

No, it is 2021 model. It doesn't have heated steering wheel. I heard that "in future" Tesla can enable it with additional cost. Sound seems premium and way better than my 2019 Mercedes. Important item is, next day after taking the delivery, the temperature fell around 35 in NJ and there was NO HEAT. I took the car back to Tesla and they had to refill refrigerant, they didnot charge me anything. Everything now is working perfectly.
It looks like 2022's are coming out of the factory now, but there are still 2021's in shipment. So for folks expecting delivery at locations further from the factory, you might get a 2021. If you are close to the factory and expecting delivery soon, you should get a 2022.

Congrats on the car! Looks awesome!

Just had an amusing phone call from Tesla. They were calling to confirm my delivery on Saturday (touchless delivery to my house). The person was able to confirm it is a 2022 model, but when I asked about which battery, sound system upgrades and other changes, his response was always "I'm not allowed to comment at this time". LoL....I'll let everyone know once it shows up.

Just had an amusing phone call from Tesla. They were calling to confirm my delivery on Saturday (touchless delivery to my house). The person was able to confirm it is a 2022 model, but when I asked about which battery, sound system upgrades and other changes, his response was always "I'm not allowed to comment at this time". LoL....I'll let everyone know once it shows up.

It's got to be because there's so many 2021s still out there, they don't want to upset those people and sell the 2021s first. Same reason they are hush hush about new iPhones and such, they want to sell the old ones up until the last second

Ordered 29 Oct 21 Model 3 (no longer called SR +) Blue/Black Interior/18" Aero Wheels/No FSD
Original EDD June 2022
Changed 6 Nov to March 3 to 31

This is going to hurt as I was counting on getting the car between June & August.
My current lease goes back early August. 3 months double payment is doable, 6 well... doable I suppose but not much fun there.
Any way know of moving the EDD back to June?

Hope the car does come, as others have mentioned, with heated rear seats and steering wheel standard!

Ordered 29 Oct 21 Model 3 (no longer called SR +) Blue/Black Interior/18" Aero Wheels/No FSD
Original EDD June 2022
Changed 6 Nov to March 3 to 31

This is going to hurt as I was counting on getting the car between June & August.
My current lease goes back early August. 3 months double payment is doable, 6 well... doable I suppose but not much fun there.
Any way know of moving the EDD back to June?

Hope the car does come, as others have mentioned, with heated rear seats and steering wheel standard!
I believe you should be able to put your car on hold. I asked my SA about it yesterday since my car is supposed to come in during December and I was thinking about pushing it to January in case Congress passes BBB, and he said putting it on hold would unmatch me to that vehicle and I would likely be waiting another month or two for another match.

I believe you should be able to put your car on hold. I asked my SA about it yesterday since my car is supposed to come in during December and I was thinking about pushing it to January in case Congress passes BBB, and he said putting it on hold would unmatch me to that vehicle and I would likely be waiting another month or two for another match.
I put my order on hold today until 12/31. I just called the 888 number and guy said no problem. Order reflected hold immediately.

Some of you know this, but a lot of people asking about 2021 vs 2022, LFP or NMC for a vehicle on the way; these are both indicated in your VIN. There are several VIN decoders available.

FYI- There seems to be a possibility of fragmentation with these early 2022 units. I can confirm from my VIN for a vehicle to be delivered next week in Michigan, I have a 2022 withOUT the new LFP battery. Not sure how I feel about that, but I might be a little sore if y'all are getting new stereos and I don't. That is the single biggest drawback for the SR+ when I ordered- the (reportedly) lacking audio experience. I'll be happy and honestly glad to have whatever I get. If the wheel ain't heated I'll get a nice pair of gloves. :)

Odd though- a 2022 that apparently isn't coming with an LFP battery

Some of you know this, but a lot of people asking about 2021 vs 2022, LFP or NMC for a vehicle on the way; these are both indicated in your VIN. There are several VIN decoders available.

FYI- There seems to be a possibility of fragmentation with these early 2022 units. I can confirm from my VIN for a vehicle to be delivered next week in Michigan, I have a 2022 withOUT the new LFP battery. Not sure how I feel about that, but I might be a little sore if y'all are getting new stereos and I don't. That is the single biggest drawback for the SR+ when I ordered- the (reportedly) lacking audio experience. I'll be happy and honestly glad to have whatever I get. If the wheel ain't heated I'll get a nice pair of gloves. :)

Wow thats interesting. I thought all 2022 will be LFP. Are you getting 272 miles on the NCA ?

The USA Vin does not have battery info. See the nhtsa decoder below. The online websites refer to international Teslas

Reactions: Pseudofinn

May I ask what on the vin indicates whether it's a LFP or NCA battery? I have a 2021 253 mile LFP and an sold 2021 262 mile NCA, the only difference between the two vins is the check digit. Not sure if that determines whether it's a NCA or LFP battery.

The USA Vin does not have battery info. See the nhtsa decoder below. The online websites refer to international Teslas

That's good news. This is what I was reading-

Digit 7: Type of drive train
E = Lithium Ion Battery – Electric (NMC)
F = Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery (LFP)
H = Lithium Ion Battery- High Capacity (NMC)
S = Lithium Ion Battery – Standard (NMC)
V = Lithium Ion Battery – Ultra High Capacity (NMC)

I hope I'm wrong about any fragmentation. Nobody has an F in the 7th? Three sites attempt to decode my E as LFP, the source you provide indicates this just means "E"lectric.

Except I just spent today convincing myself that I prefer the NMC battery... 🤣

Reactions: Nezz
I own a 2018 LR with premium audio and subwoofer. I test drove the 2021 SR+ and tested the audio quite a bit, and it sounds basically identical to my premium system. The only difference is that thumping bass for techno and pop is less thumpy and boomy, but the mids and highs sounded the same. For rock it sounded the same, the SR+ had a very good sound system.
On a separate note for 2022, if I had to pick between the LFP battery and NCA, I'd pick the NCA because the 0 to 60 is a half-second faster. Acceleration is everything to me, and Tesla charges $2000 (acceleration boost) on the LR models to speed up the car by 0.5 seconds. So from that standpoint, the NCA battery is better because you get 0.5 seconds faster for free. If you prefer a bit higher range then the LFP is better, but I can charge in my garage so the extra range would only affect me for 2 or 3 days a year on road trips. But I accelerate fast every day.

That's good news. This is what I was reading-

Digit 7: Type of drive train
E = Lithium Ion Battery – Electric (NMC)
F = Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery (LFP)
H = Lithium Ion Battery- High Capacity (NMC)
S = Lithium Ion Battery – Standard (NMC)
V = Lithium Ion Battery – Ultra High Capacity (NMC)

I hope I'm wrong about any fragmentation. Nobody has an F in the 7th? Three sites attempt to decode my E as LFP, the source you provide indicates this just means "E"lectric.

Except I just spent today convincing myself that I prefer the NMC battery... 🤣
My LFP's vin starts with 5YJ3E1EA9MF, my NCA's vin starts with 5YJ3E1EA0MF. The only difference is the check digit. Yes, I bought NCA and then sold it after almost a year due to crazy used car price.

Reactions: Pseudofinn