Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont know about 8 speakers.. SR+ had only 4 speakers enabled. The front door surround and tweeters were present but not connected. Lets hope they are now wired in 2022's.

View attachment 732290
That is so bizarre to me. Are you sure the speakers are actually present, or is it just the covering/grill that's present?

If it's just the grills for the speakers you didn't buy, then it's like a German car with blank button placeholders for all the options you didn't buy.

O wow only 4? I always thought it has 8 active. Anyone else can conform?
Yes, 8 speakers in the partial premium interior. It is missing 6 drivers and a subwoofer. The premium interior system has 14 speakers and 1 subwoofer as well as two additional amplifiers, and reportedly a DAC. Not sure where anyone is reporting 16 speakers in any M3. At any rate, there at least used to be some of the missing 6 speakers built into the SR+ that were not enabled, but again, there is the aforementioned missing hardware as well as crossovers that simply don't exist. I had hope that Tesla decided to streamline the production line and include the premium stereo across the board as the price has increased so much. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Been lurking on here for a few. Decided to post my info :)

Configuration: Model 3 SR+, MSM, Black Seats, No FSD

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
Quick update:
This morning my order updated to January 21 - February 18.

Glad to see that Standard Model 3 orders are being fulfilled with 2022 VINs. Excited to see what can be confirmed once people start receiving them!

O wow only 4? I always thought it has 8 active. Anyone else can conform?
There are 8 total in 2021 SR+. The circled green ones in the door was what I was counting but there are 4 speakers under the dash so total of 8. The ones with the light purple are present but not wired hence, Hansshow sells a DIY wire kit to connect those ones - where speakers were present at least in 2021 models.

The orange highlight ones at back are Amplifier, Subwoofer and 2 rear also connected in LR. Hence 14 speakers and subwoofer total over there. Question is whether the 4 speakers in purple are connected in 2022 RWD. The hope that all speakers will be present is dashed based on website updates from Tesla today.

Its like the heated heats and steering wheel - where the items were there but not enabled - so since these 4 speakers were there, will they have them connected in 2022's?

1636742263673.png

Reactions: amit_gunner
Oops. Accidently posted in the wrong thread (model Y) instead of here (model 3, RWD). Looks like I have a lot to learn still (like how to delete earlier posts I've made). Anyways:

Sheeeeeeeesh. Ordered my Model 3 on August 1. After delays from October to middle of November, I'm finally near my window and Tesla sent the email re: insurance info. With any luck, I'll get mine this week!

And, it looks like I have a VIN!

Reactions: oliver21
Hey guys, saw this on reddit. Anyone expecting delivery this Week 2022 models can you confirm? Not good. Yes they will retrofit but when that will be?

Reddit User post:
Got my 2022 Model3 yesterday. Noticed wireless charging is not working, then found out the usb-c ports are also missing in front center console (rear usb-c is still there and working). Called support today and they informed they are aware of this issue. Due to a shortage of usb chips, new cars are coming out without center console usb-c, that’s why wireless charging is not working as well. The chips supposed to come mid-dec, so they will probably start retrofitting after that. The car is awesome, no other issues!

Hey guys, saw this on reddit. Anyone expecting delivery this Week 2022 models can you confirm? Not good. Yes they will retrofit but when that will be?

Reddit User post:
Got my 2022 Model3 yesterday. Noticed wireless charging is not working, then found out the usb-c ports are also missing in front center console (rear usb-c is still there and working). Called support today and they informed they are aware of this issue. Due to a shortage of usb chips, new cars are coming out without center console usb-c, that’s why wireless charging is not working as well. The chips supposed to come mid-dec, so they will probably start retrofitting after that. The car is awesome, no other issues!
Wow, that is pretty lame if they are indeed doing this. This is not something Tesla realized overnight, they should at least be upfront with a clear engagement to retrofit… although with 52+ week lead times from TI and others don’t know when that’ll be…

Wow, that is pretty lame if they are indeed doing this. This is not something Tesla realized overnight, they should at least be upfront with a clear engagement to retrofit… although with 52+ week lead times from TI and others don’t know when that’ll be…
I think if your EDD is in the new year we should be fine. Its just a hassale to take it back to service center and wait . I am hoping they will sort it out by December

Just to confirm. Everyone who got "Accept and upgrade to 2022" message in their accounts will be getting LFP, right?
How many actually for this message? Or is this something they send at delivery? I didn’t get it and my stupid delivery date is now showing two weeks from now. I’ve got to be the only person that wanted the car in may/June of next year.