Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 8/13/2021
ODD: January
Email rec’d: 11/12/2021
Called my local Tesla after I got a “Final Payment due” email (paying cash). My account had a blue “accept and proceed with delivery” button. My car is expected to be ready 2nd/3rd week of Dec. You’ll have 3 days to take delivery when it’s ready. I’m going to keep my VIN and decide if I’ll accept it or not when they call (hopefully in Jan). If not, I’ll delay and get back on the waitlist. Free to delay but SR+/wheel/aero wait is Oct 2022. As long as you don’t make configuration changes you keep your locked in price.
Do you mean you just don’t click accept button and wait them to call you? If it’s ready to pickup in a week or two, are you still able to reject the delivery at that time?

May I know what is the first three characters of your VIN? They say 2022 VIN starts with 7SA.
doesn't appear to be the case. Mine starts 5YJ3E.....and it's a 2022.....60kWhr LFP battery, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, etc. I just double checked the purchase agreement and it says 2022 along with my VIN.

Funny thing, it also says it was sold with 15 miles. Tesla delivered it to my door and it had exactly 15 miles. Not sure if they filled that in after the fact or if they looked up the distance to my house and filled it in accordingly.

Can you hold the order to deliver next year? Saw quite some people put order on hold here.
I ordered when the estimated delivery date hit January 2022. Quite on purpose. Didn't ever intend to take delivery in 2021.

Sure, you can refuse delivery. 30 days after being contacted, if you have not taken delivery, your order will be cancelled. Tesla will enforce the order agreement as written.

Part of raising prices again, and again recently is Tesla will be happy to cancel your order. The next person will pay more anyway.

Do you mean you just don’t click accept button and wait them to call you? If it’s ready to pickup in a week or two, are you still able to reject the delivery at that time?
I clicked the button. You’re just agreeing to the vision and change in mileage. Then you can input your payment method. I stopped at that point because they’ll call me when it’s ready. I can choose to reject then and cash payment is due a few days before physical delivery.

Config: White/White, 18” aero
OD: Nov 1
EDD: several changes as late as Sep 2022, but now Dec 01-10.

I know EDD is seemingly random, but the latest one has such a tight window that makes me wonder if it’s somewhat real?
That's how it happened for me. Lots of jumps to windows that span 1 - 2 months. Got the first estimate for a week recently, and I pick up on Friday- at the latest. Literally about to go stalk GR Tesla to see if an MSM in the parking lot matches my VIN.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, there are '21s in new inventory available around the country. If you're tired of waiting, there are cars. My problem is that I locked a $5k cheaper price back in July when I ordered, so giving up on that car and getting something else would not be a wonderful financial decision.

My EDD has been sitting at Nov 20 -23 for ~ 10 days now. I have uploaded insurance info 2 days ago. No SA has contacted me. Do we have to pay "Amount Due" (downpayment + taxes + fees etc) now BEFORE final delivery is scheduled? My loan is also approved (waiting for check). I was hoping to get a delivery date and time, so I can pay both down payment and loan check at same time when taking the car delivery. Can folks let me know if the downpayment needs to be paid in advance (even before looking at the car)?

My EDD has been sitting at Nov 20 -23 for ~ 10 days now. I have uploaded insurance info 2 days ago. No SA has contacted me. Do we have to pay "Amount Due" (downpayment + taxes + fees etc) now BEFORE final delivery is scheduled? My loan is also approved (waiting for check). I was hoping to get a delivery date and time, so I can pay both down payment and loan check at same time when taking the car delivery. Can folks let me know if the downpayment needs to be paid in advance (even before looking at the car)?
Mine was paid in full before delivery, but before paying I had scheduled delivery and gone through all the steps of accepting the car. Final payment was the very last thing I did. Call the showroom near you (or just go there) and you should be able to talk to someone to get more info.

Question for those who put their orders on hold. I put mine on hold until 12/08 ( 30 days after my VIN was assigned on 11/08) so that I can get it delivered sometime after 1/1/22. With that being said, if I were to get a VIN assigned on 12/09, would that mean I could have them hold the car for another 30 days before I take delivery?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-103142.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-103142.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 101
Ordered My Blue Model 3 in August,19 and today is my delivery day... They change my expected delivery range only 11 times!. But today's is the day!!
I want to know what is my Battery LFP or NCA. If is LFP I should always charge 100% right?
Congrats! Here is what the European Model 3 manual says re: LFP:

Certain Standard Range Plus vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle has an LFP Battery, open the charging screen on your touchscreen and then touch Set Limit or open the Charging screen in your mobile app and drag the slider.

• If the image of the Battery displays "50%" and "100%" then your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery.

• If the image of the Battery displays "Daily" and "Trip" then your vehicle is NOT equipped with an LFP Battery. Disregard this section.

If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge your vehicle to 100% at least once per week. If your vehicle has been parked for longer than a week, Tesla recommends driving your vehicle as you normally would and charge to 100% at your earliest convenience.

Ordered My Blue Model 3 in August,19 and today is my delivery day... They change my expected delivery range only 11 times!. But today's is the day!!
I want to know what is my Battery LFP or NCA. If is LFP I should always charge 100% right?
Same here. Tons of updates to my EDD since ordering in mid July. I'm heading out for delivery in about 10 minutes. Raining like hell out there- good thing the floor mats came yesterday! Screen protector is out for delivery. 🤘

Reactions: tm1v2