Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is getting upsetting for Canadians as no one is receiving any updates except those who have ordered in early August which received their teslas. What gives? I have been waiting since September 1 and I see Americans who ordered their SR+ in October getting theirs before which is deceiving. I know it is easier logistic wise but come on its so annoying to be put last... Has any Canadian, who have ordered in late august, gotten any update whether its an EDD change or an email for tesla vision? Thank you

Reactions: vsg055
It is getting upsetting for Canadians as no one is receiving any updates except those who have ordered in early August which received their teslas. What gives? I have been waiting since September 1 and I see Americans who ordered their SR+ in October getting theirs before which is deceiving. I know it is easier logistic wise but come on its so annoying to be put last... Has any Canadian, who have ordered in late august, gotten any update whether its an EDD change or an email for tesla vision? Thank you
9/3 order and my delivery date has been "January 03-January 31" for 6+ weeks now. At first I was a bit peeved but that longer wait means we get the heated steering wheel & rear seats with the 2022 model which is a nice bonus for winters. US market always gets the most attention unfortunately.

9/3 order and my delivery date has been "January 03-January 31" for 6+ weeks now. At first I was a bit peeved but that longer wait means we get the heated steering wheel & rear seats with the 2022 model which is a nice bonus for winters. US market always gets the most attention unfortunately.
Same scenario here but what can we even do... And about the 2022 model, I am glad they include those features. I can wait but having no clear communication with their customer is a bit back handed IMO. Anyways I am soft matched and I wonder when that would turn into a hard match. Any ideas?

Same scenario here but what can we even do... And about the 2022 model, I am glad they include those features. I can wait but having no clear communication with their customer is a bit back handed IMO. Anyways I am soft matched and I wonder when that would turn into a hard match. Any ideas?
27 August, been sitting at Jan 14-Feb for a few weeks. Was sitting in November for a while before that.

Exactly my point! I haven't heard anyone from Canada receiving their car except those who ordered early august. I am sitting on a similar EDD as yours. I hope we get ours before January because its getting ridiculous to wait without having an update for a whole month. Maybe try to call tesla to see if you are soft matched as well!

Ordered September 4th w/ eta January 2022
September 5, etd now October 23- November 12
Sept 19 - date disappeared
September 26 - date finally reappeared as December 22 - January 11
On October 14 changed to Nov 21- Dec 19
On October 17 changed to Dec 13- Dec 31
On October 28 changed to Nov 20- Dec 18
On October 29 changed to Dec 17-31
On October 30 changed to Jan 28-Feb 25
On October 31 changed to Dec 18-Dec 31
On November 1 changed to Dec 4-Dec 31
On November 18 changed to Nov 20- Dec 15
On November 19 changed to Nov 21 - Dec 5
It getting there!
Mine EDD just moved also to Nov 21 - Dec 1. My OD 9/13, M3SR+, Blue/Black, Irvine, CA

Reactions: SMIERTC
Exactly my point! I haven't heard anyone from Canada receiving their car except those who ordered early august. I am sitting on a similar EDD as yours. I hope we get ours before January because its getting ridiculous to wait without having an update for a whole month. Maybe try to call tesla to see if you are soft matched as well!
Two friends, one in Montreal and another in Toronto, go theirs the last two weeks of October. They'd ordered in the second half of August, both got SR+ 2021 one blue, the other white. So yes, Canadians are getting cars... Keep in mind there are a lot more people from USA on this forum :)

Reactions: amit_gunner
Two friends, one in Montreal and another in Toronto, go theirs the last two weeks of October. They'd ordered in the second half of August, both got SR+ 2021 one blue, the other white. So yes, Canadians are getting cars... Keep in mind there are a lot more people from USA on this forum :)
Did they get their delivery notices before or after the hertz deal ? So far I haven’t heard anyone who got their sr+ since the hertz deal.

I am glad your friends got their car! That’s good news. I assume tesla delivers in big batches because i also have my own friends who received theirs in early nov after ordering in late early august. Hope ours comes soon!

Reactions: amit_gunner
IMO, there's far too many variables and too few data points to point to any causal relationship between the Hertz deal and impact on deliveries for regular customers.
One can only speculate but you cannot stop relating it to the hertz deal for the two reasons. 1. pretty much everyone with sr+ got delayed by 2+months couple days after hertz deal. Well at least in forums and Facebook groups I saw.
2. The fact that hertz received their first batch of order after couple or 3 weeks.

Reactions: CrocoSan
Trying to offer some hope to anyone in a similar situation to me (especially Los Angeles area folks):
Ordered: 8/31
EDD: All over the place, but it's in my signature if you really wanna see the journey
VIN: Got it last night
Messages: Got the Tesla Vision message and soon there after the "272 miles per full charge" message
Delivery Scheduled: Got the message to schedule my delivery in Burbank for this Wednesday.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: SkepTeach
Trying to offer some hope to anyone in a similar situation to me (especially Los Angeles area folks):
Ordered: 8/31
EDD: All over the place, but it's in my signature if you really wanna see the journey
VIN: Got it last night
Messages: Got the Tesla Vision message and soon there after the "272 miles per full charge" message
Delivery Scheduled: Got the message to schedule my delivery in Burbank for this Wednesday.

Good luck everyone!
It's crazy the amount of variability on VIN rec'd to EDD, VIN rec'd to Delivery Scheduled. At one point I was within EDD window and did not have a VIN, where some folks get VIN 2 weeks prior to their EDD window. And in your case you got delivery scheduled within 3 days of VIN rec'd! Congrats!

Update

Model: M3 SR+, DBM/Black/Aero
Placed order on 9/13/21
EDD Previous - All over the place (Nov '21 to June '22)
EDD as of 11/7: 12/11-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/22-12/20
EDD as of 11/19: 11/21-12/2
Vin: N/A

I noticed when I opened the Tesla App this morning that my EDD narrowed and it stated "We're Building Your Car". I'm wondering if they are really building my car or it is just an App update and everyone sees this message when they are waiting. I never saw this message before.
Update

Model: M3 SR+, DBM/Black/Aero No FSD
Placed order on 9/13/21
EDD Previous - All over the place (Nov '21 to June '22)
EDD as of 11/7: 12/11-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/22-12/20
EDD as of 11/19: 11/21-12/2
EDD as of 11/22: 11/24-12/21
Vin: N/A

My date is now moving out :(