Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much did it cost to install a Nema 14-50? I’m thinking about putting in a Nema 14-30. Any recommendations in the lower mainland that isn’t going to gouge on pricing?
Cost depends on how difficult getting to the outlet from the main panel is, and whether you need a main panel upgrade.

You would need to use 14-50 for 40A (good for 32A EVSE use) or 50A (good for 40A EVSE use). 14-30 should only be used for 30A (good for 24A EVSE use).

Reactions: amit_gunner
Yes you can charge to 100% daily with LFPs.

Phones not so much. Best to keep between 20-80% if you intend to keep it for several
There is a whole Reddit thread. Lots of people have TBD. It's a bug. Also already called and my representative confirmed it is a bug and that he too didn't have any info about my EDD.
Same here in Montreal, after a favorable EDD update earlier this week it went TBD a few hours ago… oh well.

How much did it cost to install a Nema 14-50? I’m thinking about putting in a Nema 14-30. Any recommendations in the lower mainland that isn’t going to gouge on pricing?
Ideally I’d like to do it myself but worried about strata and insurance. This probably needs to be certified, inspected, and signed off that it’s installed correctly by a professional.
You mentioned strata. If it's a townhouse and your panel is in the garage, and the 14-50 is installed within a meter or two from your breaker panel, it shouldn't be too expensive. Prolly around 400-500 CAD. In Canada, 14-50 will only be 40A (50A in the US). At 80% it's going to be 32A - exactly what Tesla's mobile charger needs. 240V outlet.

Reactions: Tsl888
You mentioned strata. If it's a townhouse and your panel is in the garage, and the 14-50 is installed within a meter or two from your breaker panel, it shouldn't be too expensive. Prolly around 400-500 CAD. In Canada, 14-50 will only be 40A (50A in the US). At 80% it's going to be 32A - exactly what Tesla's mobile charger needs. 240V outlet.
Why is the 14-50 only 40A in Canada?

Ordered my model 3 December 18th. The EDD was June. About a week after I ordered it was moved up to March 15-March 31. Then, two days ago it was moved back to June. Called Tesla and they said it was a bug, and I should see a change within a week. However, after reading these posts it seems like people who ordered back in Sept are finally getting theirs in Feb-March. So it seems strange that mine was moved up so much? So I'm assuming I shouldn't expect it to be as soon as March when it changes back. Thoughts?

Reactions: PasadenaM3