Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you like it? im picking up in a few days as well.
Any issues with the car panel gaps? alignment? Looks like i will be getting ATOM as well
No issues with panel gaps and alignments. Tesla has gone so much better compared to just a year ago. If you never had a Tesla before, it'll likely be the best car you've ever owned. Even the relatively slow Intel Atom is much smoother compared to legacy automaker's outdated screens.

You're going to enjoy the car, just make sure you tell your friends that own an earlier year model 3, your car may be faster, but I got the range.

Just took delivery today.
Vin# 162###.

Unfortunately it's an atom processor. Haven't checked the battery yet.

Typical Tesla delivery fashion, In and out in around 45 minutes, it's slower because I had a trade in. Also, the parking lot at Springfield NJ is PACKED. I had to park my trade in car in an adjacent Staples parking area.

God, how did I live without a Tesla for so long? O yea, I've been working from home due to Omicron.

Nice! Congrats on getting yours!! I'm looking at a 15th-19th window nearby in PA.

How was the trade-in bit with Tesla? Mind sharing what that was like? I'm trading in my current car which is an 09 base Camry pushing 185,000 miles. I'm not looking to do too much to clean it up if I don't have too as I'm not getting too much for it, which I'm fine with given it's condition. Curious how the process works after they give you price through the app based on info and pictures.

Nice! Congrats on getting yours!! I'm looking at a 15th-19th window nearby in PA.

How was the trade-in bit with Tesla? Mind sharing what that was like? I'm trading in my current car which is an 09 base Camry pushing 185,000 miles. I'm not looking to do too much to clean it up if I don't have too as I'm not getting too much for it, which I'm fine with given it's condition. Curious how the process works after they give you price through the app based on info and pictures.
Trade in was EASY. They don't check for anything. Just give them the keys, remove your plates and personal belongings, signed title (assuming you're not making payments), and that's it from the trade in side. You still need to complete the paperwork (signatures only).
After that it's getting familiar with the car since it'll take some time to get used to. You can always ask the SA to help out with the car.

It shouldn't take more than an hour from the moment you arrive until you drive away. I'm saying an hour because you'll have questions, you'll be in the car trying to figure things out before you drive away. If you're a seasoned Tesla veteran, it'll be under half an hour.

Trade in was EASY. They don't check for anything. Just give them the keys, remove your plates and personal belongings, signed title (assuming you're not making payments), and that's it from the trade in side. You still need to complete the paperwork (signatures only).
After that it's getting familiar with the car since it'll take some time to get used to. You can always ask the SA to help out with the car.

It shouldn't take more than an hour from the moment you arrive until you drive away. I'm saying an hour because you'll have questions, you'll be in the car trying to figure things out before you drive away. If you're a seasoned Tesla veteran, it'll be under half an hour.

Thanks a lot for the response, I really appreciate it! I was hoping it was as smooth as you describe. Back of my mind I'm thinking, do I get there and they start nit-picking stuff and try lowering the original offer or something like that. Thank you friend, you've relieved me of some anxiety there. I'm sure others could benefit from you sharing your experience too! That sounds great, I have it cleaned up pretty decently just because I wanted to enjoy some time in my (long time) car now while it being thoroughly clean for first time in years. But didn't want to get all crazy with it.

I did test drive back in November, and had familiarized myself prior to that so hopefully I remember some things from that. I should refresh and be good I think. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Did you get your car? I remember you had VIN F160XXX
Picked it up tonight.
No Ryzen, I assume no Li battery.
It has the Matrix headlights, which I didn't think the SR+ had.
Came with front mudflaps installed and the rears sitting in a bag in the trunk.
Car is great, no defects noted but it was dark and raining so I'll get a better view tomorrow

my EDD changed this morning from late April to feb 9-15 then a few hours later I got a VIN but its 163 so I'm thinking its someones reject since It will be ready this weekend and I'm in Boston...So I know its not a new build
Update...picking it up Monday , SA claims it has AMD and its not a reject....not sure how much I trust this information.....esp since when I used online chat the Tesla rep told me all cars built after Nov 17th has AMD and new 12 volt battery which we all know is not close to being true.
I'm taking it amd or intel but won't if the build quality is why someone rejected it

No issues with panel gaps and alignments. Tesla has gone so much better compared to just a year ago. If you never had a Tesla before, it'll likely be the best car you've ever owned. Even the relatively slow Intel Atom is much smoother compared to legacy automaker's outdated screens.

You're going to enjoy the car, just make sure you tell your friends that own an earlier year model 3, your car may be faster, but I got the range.
Congratulations again! and yes it will be my first one! Thanks for sharing your experience!

my EDD changed this morning from late April to feb 9-15 then a few hours later I got a VIN but its 163 so I'm thinking its someones reject since It will be ready this weekend and I'm in Boston...So I know its not a new build
Update...picking it up Monday , SA claims it has AMD and its not a reject....not sure how much I trust this information.....esp since when I used online chat the Tesla rep told me all cars built after Nov 17th has AMD and new 12 volt battery which we all know is not close to being true.
I'm taking it amd or intel but won't if the build quality is why someone rejected it
From my understanding, your car is from someone put it on hold / delay delivery AFTER he got the VIN. Your local Tesla will match the next one in line at the same location. Since you are in the north east, I see people picking up with the VIN 162XXX this week. Don't worry your car is a rejected one.

I woke up this morning after coming off hold on 2/1 with it saying TBD since 1/27 to delivery 2/6-2/15 and the app says they’re building my car. It’s been crickets from tesla Like not a word. I’m Assumming since it says building that I’ll have a vin within a day. Do you guys think this is accurate and I can go ahead and secure my financing or should I wait? I don’t want to take a hit on my credit only for tesla to be like we were kidding. It’s actually now may.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
It seems a large amount of deliveries expected in Feb-March were pushed to April-May. Makes you wonder if a lot of people put holds to wait out AMD chip. Would make sense as to why non holders like myself are getting pushed back.

So frustrating that a hold order is getting priority over non-hold order that I have. If this May EDD is true I will be at 270+ days waiting…
My Order date was Jul 31st Current EDD is Jul 6th 2022 that would make it almost 335 days LOL!