Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 4DAEBB4D-D4FF-4760-AE02-47F4EA3AE5D0.jpeg
    4DAEBB4D-D4FF-4760-AE02-47F4EA3AE5D0.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: Blue85
So I am looking at almost 250+ days since OD: 8/16/2021. I received a call from my delivery location (Mount Kisco, NY) during the last week of January. The women on the phone asked me for some brief information and then let me know that my car would be available mid February. Two weeks later my EDD changed from 2/25-3/25 to 4/29-5/27. I plan on calling them back and trying to find out information on what is going on, but I want to make sure I'm asking the correct questions so they don't just give me the 'the app EDD you see is the same information we see' nonsense. What can I ask to try and get an answer out of them?

If VIN assignment is based on OD, I can clearly see SR+ 18" black/black have been delivered to individuals who have OD's much later than mine. Is this the norm? Is it not based on Tesla order date? Does my Northeast location have an impact on this? Can I ask them how many builds that match mine have been delivered and what their OD's have been?

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated. I'm starting to lose hope, FAST.
My OD was 9/25/2021 and I’m west coast (AZ) and mine is currently April-May as well. Always check the location of people posting that they received VINs - for whatever reason it seems like a lot of Canadians are getting their orders right now - even some that have just ordered in like November or December.

I’m curious if we have anyone US on here that still has a February or March EDD. Everyone I’ve seen is April/May now. Seems like they have pushed all SR+ in the US to next quarter which is a total bummer.

M3 RWD Blk Ext, Wht Int. Aero
OD: Sept3
EDD just got pushed to May 27 to June 27

I'm seeing a lot of people with Nov ODs with EDDs coming in at March or April. What am I doing wrong here? Anyone else on here order in Sept and have an EDD that's that far out?
From what I understand, Tesla builds batches of vehicles with the same configuration. My best guess is that your configuration is among the less popular ones and so they may be prioritizing the higher demand on the more common configurations (white on black, white on white, black on black, etc.). I haven’t seen many people do the black ext with white int. but that is just one man’s perspective

My OD was 9/25/2021 and I’m west coast (AZ) and mine is currently April-May as well. Always check the location of people posting that they received VINs - for whatever reason it seems like a lot of Canadians are getting their orders right now - even some that have just ordered in like November or December.

I’m curious if we have anyone US on here that still has a February or March EDD. Everyone I’ve seen is April/May now. Seems like they have pushed all SR+ in the US to next quarter which is a total bummer.
It’s probably because of some tax credit expiring this quarter? Lucky! 😅

ODD 10/01 and mine got pushed April/May too so bummer.

Reactions: voltaren
From what I understand, Tesla builds batches of vehicles with the same configuration. My best guess is that your configuration is among the less popular ones and so they may be prioritizing the higher demand on the more common configurations (white on black, white on white, black on black, etc.). I haven’t seen many people do the black ext with white int. but that is just one man’s perspective
I suspect that has something to do with it, though I also wonder if there is something else bigger going on here. I haven't been too up on the news lately, but I wonder if they're making a engineering change/hardware fix for the extreme cold weather problem the heat pump has been having.

Anyways, I don't mind too much waiting until early summer.... it just better come before my road trip in Aug!

I'm in FL. OD: 8/26/21, Held out on taking earlier than expected delivery in mid Dec, then got pushed back to Apr-May. Just got pushed back another month.

I noticed FSD was still $10k for me, so I pulled the trigger. I'm a huge fan of the tech but I justified the cost by looking at it as a investment that could pay off down the road. In the meantime I get to enjoy and experience the progress first hand.
Got bumped another month to June-July a few days ago

Got my car today and everything went as planned. No panel gaps, AMD, but I have not confirmed if it has the new 12v Lithium ion battery.
However, after I got home and parked the car in my garage, I noticed that it was making humming noise. Even after locking the car the noise can still be heard…pretty sure this is not normal. My excitement from 100% to 10% immediately. Lol
I already booked a service appointment for March 6th. Fingers crossed🤞
So apparently, the slight humming when parked is normal when the M3 is online. It’s just the sound of the coolant working. I guess I was expecting the car to be completely quiet when I turn it off.
Anyways, the car is perfect and this will probably be my last post before I exit this thread. It’s been nice waiting for delivery with you guys lol. Long wait but totally worth it. Good luck guys!

I have an OD of 10/08 California and still showing delivery for feb 25 - march 25. Never put on hold. Color MSM/black/18 inchaero

I have an OD of 10/08 California and still showing delivery for feb 25 - march 25. Never put on hold. Color MSM/black/18 inchaero
Nice, keep us updated on how it goes. Mine had been a 1 month window since Jan 28th and just kept sliding back like a week 1 day after the start of my EDD until just recently it made a big jump to April-May. It was like clockwork it would bump out 1 day after my EDD started. Curious if yours makes the same move April-May come Feb 26th - but for all our sakes I hope it doesn't.

My movement:

Date CheckedEDD StartEDD End
1/18/20221/28/20222/25/2022
1/29/20222/3/20223/3/2022
2/4/20222/11/20223/11/2022
2/12/20224/11/20225/9/2022

Tesla tries to deliver far at the beginning of the quarter and closer at the end.
This is a way to lower the risk of delay in transportation and overall boost the sales of the whole quarter.
I have an OD of 10/03. EDD is 02/22--3/22. California. Hopefully, we will get the car before Q1 end.

Reactions: RPYT and PasadenaM3