Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke with mine and he said..."nothing I can do till you get a vin"
"EDD is just an estimate and can and will change with market conditions"
"Tesla honours the order date...so someone who orders the car in September will get the car before someone who orders in October for the same configuration." I laughed at that one. Mentioned what I've read on here...he said "lots of misinformation or wrong on the different forums."

So basically the car will come when it gets here and not before.
For as great of a company Tesla is, their SA’s and transparency is laughable. They will always tell you “whatever the app says is the most up to date EDD”. If I were you I would reach out to your dealer and ask for an lease extension to buy done time.

We haven’t had a car delivered in here in quite some time. The last two months were filled with “well the day has finally come” posts. Something is up. Something is impacting every Standard Build M3’s and it’s frusturating as all hell that we dont get any info on why.

For as great of a company Tesla is, their SA’s and transparency is laughable. They will always tell you “whatever the app says is the most up to date EDD”. If I were you I would reach out to your dealer and ask for an lease extension to buy done time.

We haven’t had a car delivered in here in quite some time. The last two months were filled with “well the day has finally come” posts. Something is up. Something is impacting every Standard Build M3’s and it’s frusturating as all hell that we dont get any info on why.

I was at the Oakville showroom a few days ago and asked what was going on, I did not get a straight answer. All they said is the date on the app is what they see as well. I agree something is up, they might be re-engineering something i.e. the "heat pump" or something, we all know they were many issues last winter.

I know we all are frustrated by the lack of communication, but hang in they ladies and gents.

The different responses each person on here gets when asking the same question(s) to their SA is intriguing & maddening at the same time...
On Friday I asked a Dallas SA "if he has any updates on actual M3 deliveries in TX and if any are scheduled for the next several weeks...." I also asked about the "factory gate" data and if that's able to be seen?

He wrote back: "Each client delivery timeframe (regardless of model) are unique to the Reservation date and may vary depending on selected configuration options. I would advise referring to your own est. time frames that pertains more to your reservation date as well as config options. "Factory Gated" is not a terminology that they use with clients but as we near your current delivery time frames, we can let you know when your assigned VIN is expected to be completed and ready to ship to Dallas."

😕

Reactions: Rezan8
But according to the web site as of right now in Canada or the US a Model 3 RWD with no upgrades is July to Sept
Why would your order say October?

So IMHO there is no way I can count on Tesla to honour their EDD given at the time of order or any other change.
Just so frustrating not being able to get a straight answer out of someone. Sure I can text my S/A or stop in at the local Tesla office but they all say to check the app and that the car is coming. I'm sure that they can say "Mr X your car is scheduled to be on the transport on the week of "XXX" and in your Tesla delivery location on or around "XXX"

Whether "XXX" is in 1 week or 26 weeks or 892 weeks they should be able to tell you. Any other manufacture can usually tell you within a week or 2 when a product will be ready.

Unless this is a stall game to them and it just looks good to investors to have "XXXX" orders on the books.
I ordered a M3RWD with the EDD as Aug at the time I ordered. It changed to Aug 13-oct8. It is the standard free color w no upgrades.

OD: January 2022, still holding this time frame. Been there for over a month, not sure if good or bad thing yet!

Attachments

• 524E2710-F494-403A-9399-12124E815504.jpeg
    524E2710-F494-403A-9399-12124E815504.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 105
Seems like maybe, kind of, good news for me: previous EDD of Apr 16 - May 14 just changed to May 3 - May 17. This will be my 3rd 2 week window.
This would be in line with what a person from Tesla Oakville told me on Apr 4: that my order factory gate date is Apr 24 and will be at their location May 5. (other details are in my signature)
I mentioned this exact posting to my S/A and they called B/S on the play.
They said that they have no way of knowing until a VIN is assigned. Once a VIN is assigned then they can see the departure date and not before.

Like I said earlier ask any 2 S/A's and you'll get 5 correct answers.

That said my last to EDD are exactly like yours but 1 day later each.

Reactions: rudythecar