Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have bought all of my cars from dealerships and I still prefer it. This process with tesla has been the absolute worst car buying experience I’ve ever had. The super long wait times and lack of communication are horrendous. And please don’t act like tesla doesn’t have sleazy practices. They are constantly raising prices and omitting hardware and software features. Auto park should be standard as it is on several other cars…not locked behind a $12k price wall. At least at a traditional dealership you can drive your car away the same day and negotiate extras. Just bought a c40 recharge and was able to have window vents and all weather mats thrown in for free. Oh and it came with a charging cable with a nema 14-50 adapter. Y’all kill me acting like tesla is perfect and without faults. This same attitude by the masses is the reason why tesla does whatever they want because they know folks will still buy…smh
Agreed 100%. But Tesla will continue to dominate in EV space against the legacy automakers forever. But if Apple gets into EV space then it’s going to be game over. Apple being Apple will ensure that customer service is top notch. Of course tech breakthroughs, innovation and quality are already something Apple does better than anyone.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%. But Tesla will continue to dominate in EV space against the legacy automakers forever. But if Apple gets into EV space then it’s going to be game over. Apple being Apple will ensure that customer service is top notch. Of course tech breakthroughs, innovation and quality are already something Apple does better than anyone.
Apple is actually planning on a 2025 release... whether or not it'll come to fruition is anyones guess. But hell, Tesla is already the Apple of the ev space. Everything is proprietary, sold separately and overpriced. As far as Tesla always being on top, idk about that. The legacies are really stepping their game up and have really solid offerings that are all still eligible for the tax credit. We'll see how the next 3-5 years play out.

Apple is actually planning on a 2025 release... whether or not it'll come to fruition is anyones guess. But hell, Tesla is already the Apple of the ev space. Everything is proprietary, sold separately and overpriced. As far as Tesla always being on top, idk about that. The legacies are really stepping their game up and have really solid offerings that are all still eligible for the tax credit. We'll see how the next 3-5 years play out.
The astonishing thing is we are still in the infancy stages of EV tech. Tesla is lapping everyone by quite a wide margin when it comes to ev vehicle production and sales. Added to the fact that they are constantly expanding their supercharging stations all over and establishing more factories that will in turn pump out more and more vehicles.

There have already been a few upstart companies which have tanked before even taking off and established car manufactures beginning to realize this is an entirely different beast.

Im sure at some point the margin will shrink as others will begin to catch up, but by that point, Elon will be a trillionaire and he will be 100% into Space exploration and not give a shite about cars.

The astonishing thing is we are still in the infancy stages of EV tech. Tesla is lapping everyone by quite a wide margin when it comes to ev vehicle production and sales. Added to the fact that they are constantly expanding their supercharging stations all over and establishing more factories that will in turn pump out more and more vehicles.

There have already been a few upstart companies which have tanked before even taking off and established car manufactures beginning to realize this is an entirely different beast.

Im sure at some point the margin will shrink as others will begin to catch up, but by that point, Elon will be a trillionaire and he will be 100% into Space exploration and not give a shite about cars.

It’s just about scaling production and cost at this point though. Lucid, polestar and mercedes have amazing EVs but they can’t produce them at the same scale as Tesla’s dedicated factories. In 5 years I feel Tesla’s shitty customer experience will bite them.

Standard range plus (Now Model 3) doesn’t come with floor mats. After reading about this on internet i just ordered 3D Maxpider yesterday. They have good reviews and are readily available. Slightly on the expensive side.
I remember the time early in the waiting process when I feared my aliexpress floor mats would not arrive before the car. They came in December, still waiting for the car.

OD oct 20 2021
config : White ext. / black int. , no FSD , 18 inch aero
1st EDD September 2022
November 24th : EDD March 15 - April 12
December 07th : EDD March 11 - April 08
January 01st : EDD September 2022
January 06th : EDD March 11 - March 31
February 01st : EDD April 28 - May 26
April 07 : EDD May 19 - June 23
April 26 : EDD May 25 - June 22
May 1st : EDD May 23 - June 06 < ----- 2 week window entered now lets see....

They bumped my EDD further
New EDD as of today (5/1/2022)

To: Sept 28-nov23

I’ve been reading about the M3RWD EDDs get pushed off for a lot of buyers. I really hoped the Aug to Oct time frame stick and it was not :(.

More updates:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Sacramento, CA

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
EDD as of 11/12: January 21 - February 18
EDD as of 11/21: Dec 16 - Dec 31
EDD as of 12/3: March 10 - April 7
EDD as of 12/8: Feb 20 - March 20
EDD as of 1/20: TBD
EDD as of 1/20: Feb 20 - March 20
Trade in text: Feb 12
EDD as of 2/15: March 12 - 31
EDD as of 2/26: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 2/15: March 11 - 31
EDD as of 3/10: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 4/16: May 11 - June 15

Got another push back today:

EDD as of 4/25: May 15 - June 12
(today) EDD as of 5/1: July 7th - August 18th

Quite disappointing :( But also maybe it could be a glitch? Trying to stay hopeful😅