Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ill probably just delete my app after today at this point so i dont feel the need to look at it and not come back on here till i get an update by telsa. Too much energy being drained obsessing over a car.
Just a few weeks ago I got a EDD July to Aug, and I began my search for ICE… and it all changed in a matter of weeks. Just don’t take any of this personal it’s not just you. The supply chain issue has affected a lot of people. Cheers!

Reactions: Soosh
Crazy eh. No rhyme or reason whatsoever to any of this. Agents are for the most part clueless as to whats going on. Ive spoken to at least 8 different people at Tesla and they are all equally as clueless as to what is happening. No answers. Just ...."everything is up to date on your account, just wait, you will get messaged when a vehicle is available", lol.

I mean, I understand their knowledge is limited, but if my account has always been good, why are others leap frogging me with the same build from the same area....no sense.
The sad thing is this process and complaints aren't anything new. I went through exact same a year ago with my MY. and I'm sure it was the same well before that.

Just a few weeks ago I got a EDD July to Aug, and I began my search for ICE… and it all changed in a matter of weeks. Just don’t take any of this personal it’s not just you. The supply chain issue has affected a lot of people. Cheers!
Its not so much the wait that bothers me, its more the fact that some who seemed to order later magically got theirs sooner. Just wanted some answers as to why that seems to happen.

Reactions: MtlMV
RN116047XXX. Believe me, I was just as obsessed as you If not more… checking my app / source code upwards of 10times a day EVERYDAY for the past 6 months. I recently got a promotion that requires me to have a car. Tbh if this EDD got pushed back to anything past June I’d need to get a cheap ICE for work instead of this. Sometimes things just lineup and we as a person really don’t have much control over a lot of things. Looking back I’d probably tell myself…it’ll come when it comes. :)
Promotion from Tesla to have a car ?

Placed Order on October 26, 2021 and Estimated Delivery currently is now at July 10 - August 21. Till a few days back it was May 20 to June 23. Hoping the current time frame does not frog hop again. Staying calm. Trying.
I saw many of the Toronto and Ontario orders getting pushed back since last week, including mine. Me and two other buddies ordered in Nov and all are showing July/Aug EDD.
One of them ordered 2 days after me and our EDDs are usually within 1-2 weeks of each other. Sometimes his order is ahead and other times mine. After this change his EDD range starts 5 days ahead of me, both have a 41 day range.

I'm convinced this is totally random and it's not necessarily dependent on the configuration. Or it may or may not be 😆 as the SAs tend to say.

His order is red/black/Aero No fsd
Mine is black/black/sport no fsd

Reactions: Nick11
Its not so much the wait that bothers me, its more the fact that some who seemed to order later magically got theirs sooner. Just wanted some answers as to why that seems to happen.
Here are my 2 cents on this.

1) the priority order is the gross margin. I have the base model ( white, black, no fsd) and I am the least on priority list for them. I have seen people who have just paid for color ( silver ) and had similar OD as mine getting their cars 2 months back ( just check this thread in March)

2) tesla makes car in batches and then tries and match them with the open orders. Like I don’t see much MSM colors now getting delivered. White with white interiors is the one which is getting delivered now. And so on. So you may be lucky that your color combination comes earlier than others.

3) lucky people- some May get lucky when there are rejections and tesla employees have the power to decide who get that rejected delivery. Beyond that it’s the system which does the matching

PS: having worked in a much bigger tech company than tesla. This is how they also manage their online orders. There is hardly any room for someone screwing the system to favor one over the other in a major listed company like tesla.

Ill probably just delete my app after today at this point so i dont feel the need to look at it and not come back on here till i get an update by telsa. Too much energy being drained obsessing over a car.
Hey so I originally ordered for delivery at Langley store as well, but called in on Apr 28 to change my pick up location to Richmond since I am moving there soon. And two days later, I get my first 2 week window of May 8 - 22, and as of today, the window still stands. Not sure if switching pick up to Richmond helped with that at all. My order date was Nov 18, 2021.

Is anyone else waiting for the damn charge port ECU or is it only me? A year of waiting and now 2 months of the car just sitting there. I will never touch a Tesla again after this experience.
You’ve had your vin for 2 months and still don’t have a delivery date?? We’re goin on 2 weeks since we received our vin, they haven’t told us why we can’t sechedule a delivery date, but we were told the car is at the pickup location. So I’m guessing we are also waiting on the ECU.

You’ve had your vin for 2 months and still don’t have a delivery date?? We’re goin on 2 weeks since we received our vin, they haven’t told us why we can’t sechedule a delivery date, but we were told the car is at the pickup location. So I’m guessing we are also waiting on the ECU.
Same here. Car arrives this week but waiting 2 more weeks for pickup for the charge port part to arrive and be installed. My SA was up-front about the reason for the delay.

Reactions: OHIOm3
I'll be leaving this thread and hopping over to the LR thread. It's been a fun journey guys, and i really wish y'all the best of luck getting your order in a realistic time-frame. I'm impatient and call everyday to see if there is a rejected car that matches my spec anywhere in the country - thankfully they had a LR that matched my spec, and they switched me over to the LR. All i had to do is pay the difference from RWD to LR when i ordered ($44,990 to $50,990).

VIN assigned right away, switched from cash to financing, got approved and the car will be here in 10 days. Honestly, reading this thread got me scared to wait another 2-3 months for my car. With charge port scares, folks in Oct. not having their car delivered, the extra $6k was worth the certainty. Sorry for the long winded reply - sharing my 2 cents in case others feel like this will not end for a couple months or more.

Last edited:
I'll be leaving this thread and hopping over to the LR thread. It's been a fun journey guys, and i really wish y'all the best of luck getting your order in a realistic time-frame. I'm impatient and call everyday to see if there is a rejected car that matches my spec anywhere in the country - thankfully they had a LR that matched my spec, and they switched me over to the LR. All i had to do is pay the difference from RWD to LR when i ordered ($44,990 to $50,990).

VIN assigned right away, switched from cash to financing, got approved and the car will be here in 10 days. Honestly, reading this thread got me scared to wait another 2-3 months for my car. With charge port scares, folks in Oct. not having their car delivered, the extra $6k was worth the certainty. Sorry for the long winded reply - sharing my 2 cents in case others feel like this will not end for a couple months or more.
We both did the same thing today - I switched over to the LR for the same price. To me it was for the same reasons when my EDD got pushed back again today it was finally time to upgrade - let's see how it works out.
I think Canasion explained the reasons well:
I want to thank everyone in the community for all the information and help I really appreciate it!
Look forward to a Tesla meetup down the road where I can buy everyone beers, in the meantime appreciate all the support along the ride.
I'll give one more update when I get the car - Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes. I had a date for the 21st & 28th of April, and now May 12th. Delayed due to the charge port ECU. 2 of my friends who ordered their car after me picked theirs up 2 months ago without issue. One took delivery on Monday. Absolutely infuriating. Upgrading to a LR would have been $20,000 extra due to the price increase and not eligible for rebates. My RWD is $53,000 vs. a LR at close to $70,000. Not worth it.

Is anyone else waiting for the damn charge port ECU or is it only me? A year of waiting and now 2 months of the car just sitting there. I will never touch a Tesla again after this experience.
Look at the bright side. At least you have a VIN. As it has been mentioned by others, many of the other brands have even longer delays. One of my neighbours is looking every day at his wall connector waiting for a Kia Soul and it's been like forever.

We both did the same thing today - I switched over to the LR for the same price. To me it was for the same reasons when my EDD got pushed back again today it was finally time to upgrade - let's see how it works out.
I think Canasion explained the reasons well:
I want to thank everyone in the community for all the information and help I really appreciate it!
Look forward to a Tesla meetup down the road where I can buy everyone beers, in the meantime appreciate all the support along the ride.
I'll give one more update when I get the car - Cheers!
Woot woot! Party time all the others RWD staying. We all just stepped (2) spots in front of the line. Only 1 zillion more to go.