Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's speculation at this point. It will be interesting if my order is completed in June or July. I wouldn't know what to blame that on. My buddy already has a Tesla so maybe they fast track the orders for customers who already have a Tesla??? Not sure if that's a thing.

I'm a current owner but haven't received that same love of jumping the line.

I stopped by my local Service Center and asked about the status of my car. She kindly responded, "Oh *sugar*, you should have had your car by now!" We both laughed. She did offer an inventory Model 3 Performance that I would be paying the $$ when I placed my order on 9/28. I said no unless they have a long-range available.

Pasadena, CA (Pick-up updated from Buena Park to Burbank)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Black/Black | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/29/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - present)

Last entry for me just picked up the Tesla - no matrix headlights for me series 246xxx-
I’m happy and relieved to have the car! From changing order to LR from RWD on Saturday picked up on Tuesday, I was impressed with how quick things went.
On the lot about 50% Model 3 50% Model Y… most cars had the Matrix headlights.
I think I spotted 2 RWD’s in the Fremont lot.
All the best to everyone & hope the cars come soon! Best, Mick
064A9F5B-C4EB-40DC-B5EC-A19A735EDB3A.jpeg
0549E203-3CE6-4F6E-8DF2-71605BB5EA25.jpeg

We hit our EDD window and now, like everyone else it bumped to June/July 😡. I though for sure it was close…

OD sept 16 Blue/Black no fsd
FINALLY!!!
After receiving a vin 16 days ago we were finally able to schedule our pickup date. This Saturday!!
All of you waiting on the charge port ecu, they are coming in and the cars are finally being delivered!

After receiving VIN April 25th, finally have delivery scheduled for May 15th.. hope it has the matrix lights.

Congratulations! After your trade in text, did your EDD ever get pushed out to June or July?

I have the same specs as you, but ordered 2 weeks after you. Vancouver location. No VIN, and EDD recently got pushed out from 2-week window in May to now sitting at June 30 -August 11. Hoping I bounce back.

Reactions: Rezan8
Well folks, it’s happened..

Delivery dates: April 21 & 28th, May 13th, and now June 3rd.

No ETA on missing ECU. Got my vin months ago. Car has been sitting there for god knows how long.

I have decided to buy another vehicle as I’ve been waiting almost a year now while everyone around me received their base white/black M3s without issue. I have vowed to never touch a Tesla again after this horrible experience. My condolences to those getting the run around from Tesla. Nobody could give me any answers.

Well folks, it’s happened..

Delivery dates: April 21 & 28th, May 13th, and now June 3rd.

No ETA on missing ECU. Got my vin months ago. Car has been sitting there for god knows how long.

I have decided to buy another vehicle as I’ve been waiting almost a year now while everyone around me received their base white/black M3s without issue. I have vowed to never touch a Tesla again after this horrible experience. My condolences to those getting the run around from Tesla. Nobody could give me any answers.
Sorry for the wait. I'm in the same boat my friend. I'm going to test drive the Kia Ev6 this week and make a decision. What car did you go with and why?

Sorry for the wait. I'm in the same boat my friend. I'm going to test drive the Kia Ev6 this week and make a decision. What car did you go with and why?
You’re going to laugh but a C7 Z06. 650 horses and 30+ MPG on the highway. I’ve owned many sports cars including a Z before and it’s always a pleasure to drive. Spending a couple hundred on gas a month isn’t going to kill me.

Congratulations! After your trade in text, did your EDD ever get pushed out to June or July?

I have the same specs as you, but ordered 2 weeks after you. Vancouver location. No VIN, and EDD recently got pushed out from 2-week window in May to now sitting at June 30 -August 11. Hoping I bounce back.
Yes, similar thing happened.. on April 14th, received trade in txt and then on Apr 17th changed from a two week window to May 03 to May 31

Hang on, I think there is hope since production is ramping-up at Fremont based on this article about a guy that probably sleeps in Fremont's parking lot.

Also see below the delivery chart for M3-MY since 2017 and VERY UNOFFICIALLY my "for fun" forecasts. Its simply based on the Q2-Q4 progression of 2021 extrapolated to 2022. Nothing based on any research information. Hopefully M3SR+ will account for more then we see right now.

M3-MY delieries per quarter (Unofficial).png

Okay! I'm on fire this morning. (3) posts in a row. Don't know if others can confirm this but from what I'm reading, the LFP batteries are manufactured in China only. If that's the case, it would be logical that the SR+ production badly suffers from the ongoing zero COVID policy leading to multiple shutdowns. That being said, I haven't found yet where the NCA cells are produced...if it is also China then that would invalidate my theory.

Reactions: Johnsson90
Okay! I'm on fire this morning. (3) posts in a row. Don't know if others can confirm this but from what I'm reading, the LFP batteries are manufactured in China only. If that's the case, it would be logical that the SR+ production badly suffers from the ongoing zero COVID policy leading to multiple shutdowns. That being said, I haven't found yet where the NCA cells are produced...if it is also China then that would invalidate my theory.
You are correct about LFP. NCA is made in Nevada.