Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 day before 2 weeks window, my EDD was pushed back to 6/28-08/10.
Then, yesterday I got txt for being assigned VIN. Then EDD was changed to 5/10-14.
In afternoon, I could set the delivery date for 05/14.
Finally!!

P.S The insurance quote from Nationwide was a lot cheaper than Tesla insurance quote.
Also my SA confirmed that my model 3 has Matrix and Ryzen chip. Vin 242

This is false. I know several people who ordered base RWDs after me and they got their cars months sooner.
The game Tesla is playing is that if you upgrade to a LR or Performance, you’re getting it sooner. Another factor is that their SA would reach out to them regarding a vehicle that was rejected by another customer that matches or closely matches the same specs they chose in their order in an effort to cut waiting time. That’s based on what I’ve seen reading through this waiting room. There’s also that very small fraction of deliveries that somehow had an EDD far out into August - December and had their order pulled all the way to this month into the next.

My OD is 4/30 and I’m sitting on a 10/18-12/13 EDD. M3RWD/MSM/Black/18”/No FSD. At least it allows me time to rack up money for a loan, since it’s a huge hole in my monthly salary and I also now have to save another $400 for a charger.

1 day before 2 weeks window, my EDD was pushed back to 6/28-08/10.
Then, yesterday I got txt for being assigned VIN. Then EDD was changed to 5/10-14.
In afternoon, I could set the delivery date for 05/14.
Finally!!

P.S The insurance quote from Nationwide was a lot cheaper than Tesla insurance quote.
VERY NICE!! 2 VINs assigned on here in the same couple hour period... (cautiously) yayyy

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
Was it this post or a different SR+ this week that the buyer HAD FSD which makes all the sense in the world. Pay the extra 12k and you're getting a car!

Well, when I booked back in November 21, it showed EDD for a Black color (that I booked) almost 6 months earlier than a base white color. So I did pay for the BLACK but now, it seems that people who booked (in and around Vancouver) with base model White/Black/Aero/No FSD still got their VINs while I am sitting with EDDs that just keep getting pushed. So much for booking a paid color for preferential delivery :-<

Update on my journey:

Do NOT sleep on the Kia EV6 GT AWD (top of the line). I test drove the GT AWD and was blown away! It drives exceptionally well, 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, good space and feel. It matters to me, but the GT Line (RWD and AWD) has a moonroof. IMO, its the closest thing to Tesla (still has a long way to go). Now here's the kicker. MSRP online is around 59k. Kia has marked it up 15k. Payments would be astronomically more than what I would be paying for the RWD (keep in mind that I ordered when MSRP was 39k).

Its not worth getting the Wind versions IMO although they do have an RWD that is capable of 301 miles until your next charge. I want a little more quickness and did I mention that I want a moonroof (I know Tesla doesnt have a moon roof but it does come with a panoramic roof)? On top of that, MSRP online is low-mid 40k and dealers have up charged it to 54k plus. So once again, the payments are pretty wild. I highly recommend test driving the Kia EV6 GT AWD. As I mentioned before, your going to like the car but not the price considering what comes standard with our RWD.

A common theme you will find is that dealers (Kia, Huyandia, etc) are going up sell the MSRP, so we maybe stuck waiting for our vehicles. Patience isn't my strong suit and I'm coming up on 10 months. If Kia just sold the GT Line AWD as its MSRP then I'd eat the $250 deposit and move on.

Last edited:
Update on my journey:

Do NOT sleep on the Kia EV6 GT AWD (top of the line). I test drove the GT AWD and was blown away! It drives exceptionally well, 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, good space and feel. It matters to me, but the GT Line (RWD and AWD) has a moonroof. IMO, its the closest thing to Tesla (still has a long way to go). Now here's the kicker. MSRP online is around 59k. Kia has marked it up 15k. Payments would be astronomically more than what I would be paying for the RWD (keep in mind that I ordered when MSRP was 39k).

Its not worth getting the Wind versions IMO although they do have an RWD that is capable of 301 miles until your next charge. I want a little more quickness and did I mention that I want a moonroof (I know Tesla doesnt have a moon roof but it does come with a panoramic roof)? On top of that, MSRP online is low-mid 40k and dealers have up charged it to 54k plus. So once again, the payments are pretty wild. I highly recommend test driving the Kia EV6 GT AWD. As I mentioned before, your going to like the car but not the price considering what comes standard with our RWD.

A common theme you will find is that dealers (Kia, Huyandia, etc) are going up sell the MSRP, so we maybe stuck waiting for our vehicles. Patience isn't my strong suit and I'm coming up on 10 months. If Kia just sold the GT Line AWD as its MSRP then I'd eat the $250 deposit and move on.

I did contact Kia here in BC Canada and here’s what they had to say :

“ Thank you for your interest in the Kia EV6.

Unfortunately Kia only released 200 for all of Canada for 2022 and they are no longer available for this year.

What is even more unfortunate is that KIA CANADA released a bulletin stating that because of the extremely high number of factory orders for 2023's they are now closing orders for next years model as well as supply cannot meet demand and they are already way behind production.

Some devastating news but we do not have an end date in sight. I really wish I had some better news for you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. “

I did contact Kia here in BC Canada and here’s what they had to say :

“ Thank you for your interest in the Kia EV6.

Unfortunately Kia only released 200 for all of Canada for 2022 and they are no longer available for this year.

What is even more unfortunate is that KIA CANADA released a bulletin stating that because of the extremely high number of factory orders for 2023's they are now closing orders for next years model as well as supply cannot meet demand and they are already way behind production.

Some devastating news but we do not have an end date in sight. I really wish I had some better news for you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. “
That stinks for my mates across the border. There seems to be a decent amount here (The US). Inflation and this pandemic sucks!

Reactions: Soosh and amarchcan
Well, when I booked back in November 21, it showed EDD for a Black color (that I booked) almost 6 months earlier than a base white color. So I did pay for the BLACK but now, it seems that people who booked (in and around Vancouver) with base model White/Black/Aero/No FSD still got their VINs while I am sitting with EDDs that just keep getting pushed. So much for booking a paid color for preferential delivery :-<
That is exactly why I ordered blue. I did not want to wait until September for my car. Now I am waiting until September (if I am lucky) for my car.

Folks who have been around for a bit - is the end-of-quarter rush a real thing? 🤔I'm getting antsy now that I've seen more than 7 RWD orders from January get their VINs, some got it while their EDD still read July-August. I'm 85 miles from Fremont - can they throw me a bone here? I'm leaning into maybe seeing a car during the aforementioned rush but my experience so fat has told me to assume the worst. :(

Folks who have been around for a bit - is the end-of-quarter rush a real thing? 🤔I'm getting antsy now that I've seen more than 7 RWD orders from January get their VINs, some got it while their EDD still read July-August. I'm 85 miles from Fremont - can they throw me a bone here? I'm leaning into maybe seeing a car during the aforementioned rush but my experience so fat has told me to assume the worst. :(
It’s only real for LR and P orders so Tesla can report higher profits. RWD orders just get pushed.