Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did contact Kia here in BC Canada and here’s what they had to say :

“ Thank you for your interest in the Kia EV6.

Unfortunately Kia only released 200 for all of Canada for 2022 and they are no longer available for this year.

What is even more unfortunate is that KIA CANADA released a bulletin stating that because of the extremely high number of factory orders for 2023's they are now closing orders for next years model as well as supply cannot meet demand and they are already way behind production.

Some devastating news but we do not have an end date in sight. I really wish I had some better news for you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. “

I put a deposit down on one back in February when the first EV6's started hitting the lots here in the GVRD. Sales guy told me early 2023 is when they expect them to start coming in (taking that with a grain of salt given the shortages). Not surprised they stopped taking orders for the EV6 already since they did the same for the Ioniq 5 a few months ago too

It’s only real for LR and P orders so Tesla can report higher profits. RWD orders just get pushed.
Last quarter there was a pretty big push for Canadian SR+ orders and a few U.S. orders . There was a not a big push at 4Q for SR+. 3Q was different as that was pre 60 kw LFP packs. 3Q was a mix of NCA and 55 kw LFP. Those of you in California or Canada have a much better chance of receiving your car than the rest of us, in my opinion.

I'm making the workbench narrower to make room for our second Tesla, even though it won't be delivered for five months!
20220503_120621.jpg

Everywhere I look, it's incredible how so many peoples ordered the LR compared to the RWD. Thus it's normal to see so many LR VINs.

Because I'm optimistic I like to think that somewhere on the sea, between China and USA, there is a cargo freight with one or more container full of LFP packs and that once it gets to destination, thing will start to move our way.

Oof - what are your order details/date and edd? If I may ask.
OD: 10/01/21
White/Black/Aero/No FSD

I've witnessed 2 "quarterly pushes" already. Both times had EDDs narrowed and then pushed out. Been getting 2-week windows during March-May and now it's EDD June 18-July 23.

Everywhere I look, it's incredible how so many peoples ordered the LR compared to the RWD. Thus it's normal to see so many LR VINs.

Because I'm optimistic I like to think that somewhere on the sea, between China and USA, there is a cargo freight with one or more container full of LFP packs and that once it gets to destination, thing will start to move our way.
The RWD is the super bestseller. There's a huge backlog of RWD orders. The fact that Tesla is delivering more LRs than RWDs per quarter tells something about Tesla policy. Either they are short on LFPs or they are purposely ignoring the RWD backlog in favor of higher profit. I mean what are customers gonna do? Clearly there's no viable competition at this price point.

Good news is that you now have plenty of time to make it work.

Quick question : Did you or will you order the next one with full FSD as well or you concluded that it does not worth the price?
Excellent question. No, I didn't order FSD on this one.

This second car is for the very few times when both my wife and I need a car. There are two to three times in a given month that we have a conflict (I'm out surfing and wife wants to have coffee with friends). So, this car will be driven very little.

I enjoy using Navigate on Autopilot on the freeway, but having it change lanes automatically isn't really worth it. I'm paying attention anyway, so it's easy just to hit the turn signal. In any case, car #2 will be driven so infrequently that it doesn't seem worth it. If things change, we can always add FSD.

Do I regret getting FSD on our first car? No, but if I had been more concerned about the cost, I wouldn't have gotten it.

The other reason to get this second car is safety. If one of us crashes or is incapacitated, then other can come to the rescue.

Reactions: Soosh
After my car has been sitting for a month waiting for the ECU and being rescheduled 4 times for delivery with the latest being in June, Tesla called me today to inform me my car is ready for pick up. WTF? Appointment is tomorrow. Fingers crossed there are no hiccups.

Its finally here!! Best of luck tomorrow! Do you mind sharing your OD and specs?

Reactions: Johnsson90
After my car has been sitting for a month waiting for the ECU and being rescheduled 4 times for delivery with the latest being in June, Tesla called me today to inform me my car is ready for pick up. WTF? Appointment is tomorrow. Fingers crossed there are no hiccups.
Congrats! Hope it goes smoothly for you. My date just got changed again. June 26 - Aug 7, Changed to June 28 to Aug 2.... No end in sight.

• Disagree
Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
Montreal/laval QC
white/black aero no fsd.
OD oct14 2021
Edd was previously may16 - may30.

Today got a notification in the app to accept the order change regarding the acceleration.
After I accepted the change the delivery was set to May 21th directly by Tesla. (I didn’t even get option to select a date).

vin found in source code,
However purchase agreement not ready for review yet on the website.

Also got email from the service centre saying they will contact me when the vehicle’s arrival date is more secure to confirm the delivery date and provide the VIN.