Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nightmare of waiting has not ended just yet.

After calling Tesla customer support (almost everyday), they finally confirmed that the vehicle arrived in Miami on 13 May (18 days after receiving VIN on Apr 25). As guessed by me, the vehicle came with a 'charger port hold'. I was tentatively scheduled for delivery on 15 May (today), subject to timely installation of the charge port etc.

Quite expectedly, the installation didn't happen and I got a call from the delivery center that they have pushed out the delivery date by a week to 22 May tentatively. Supposedly, the missing charger port parts arrived on 14 May and they needed the extra week for installation and pre delivery checks etc.

I happened to pass by the delivery center today and thought of speaking to an actual Tesla agent at the delivery location.

To my utter shock, I was told that the missing parts are still on back order and the 'Expected completion date' of the vehicle now is 03 Jun and delivery shall only be scheduled after that date (subject to availability of slots). The guy at the center told me to check again around 27 May as the date of 03 Jun may extend further if there was a delay in receiving the missing parts.

My delivery date in Tesla app just changed to 27 May.

I am at my wits end and still trying to figure out what to believe and what not to believe at this point. So much of information mismatch on a Sunday.......

Honestly.....'horrible' is an understatement to sum up my order experience with Tesla since Sep 2021.
My goodness! That's absolutely horrible! Not sure if I would rather be in the dark with no end in sight, or to have my VIN and have it continually pushed out. Either scenario sucks. I hope you get it soon. Sincerely a member of the September Crew.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
I ordered my model 3 standard range black with the sport rim, on October 3,2021. The original EDD was March 2022. Second EDD went to may-June…then it went to Feb-march, 4th EDD got pushed to may-June…. checked the account again now it’s July-aug. I have gone to Tesla several times to see what the problem is but I never get an answer just saying it should be delivered at the end of the quater in June…I’m wishing I can get that vin number. I’m ready to purchase. I afraid To change from standar range to preformance or long range fearing I’ll be pushed back even more. anyone wanting to transfer their EDD that isnt ready to buy yet?
Welcome to this waiting room. Stick around and you'll see that untils you get a serial number (VIN) nothing is cast in stone. Many made the jump to LR and are getting VIN faster but there's a cost of course. Don't forget to take a look here Tesla M3 Survey Statistics Dashboard and enter your order data.

Reactions: Soosh
And I’m officially out! Picked up my blue on black RWD yesterday. Everything looked good and it drives beautifully. My concerns about acceleration were completely unfounded - it’s not a rocket from a dead stop, but it absolutely flies from 30-120kph.

Attachments

• DC53910E-B516-4CE6-9A12-05B5C2C7F08A.jpeg
    DC53910E-B516-4CE6-9A12-05B5C2C7F08A.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 78
And I’m officially out! Picked up my blue on black RWD yesterday. Everything looked good and it drives beautifully. My concerns about acceleration were completely unfounded - it’s not a rocket from a dead stop, but it absolutely flies from 30-120kph.
Thanks for the update and congrats on the car! I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. What's the best part about it (besides the obvious of receiving the car)?

Thanks for the update and congrats on the car! I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. What's the best part about it (besides the obvious of receiving the car)?
Probably how smooth and linear the electric drivetrain is. It makes it super easy to modulate - whether I want to drive slowly or quickly, its always smooth and always ready.

Looks like I might actually be almost at the end of this long journey guys! Got to schedule delivery today. I didn't get a call or a text, I just happened to open up the app and it finally let me select a date for pick up. I am now set to pick up on Thursday. I am hoping nothing changes, but you never know.

Very nice! Good luck. Can you update your signature so we get one more data point for lead time? :)

Reactions: winterkitsune
hmm.. so I'm going with bank draft, question is what am I to leave in the NOTE section? keep it blank, my RN#, my name or write downpayment on it?
If your're not financing and paying in full I would not write "downpayment". Altough I think the "Note" section is really optional, RN# would a good choice as this is what is showing on your order document.

• Informative
Reactions: Dyrnwyn