Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I just joined, I just wanted to share a bit of the info I got today from Tesla support.
OD 9/28/2021
VIN:4/25/2022
EDD 5/17/2022-5/21/2022

Like a few others from this area, my car is one of the problem child with no charging port module, my EDD has been changing to present day +4 since yesterday (I had previously scheduled my delivery to 5/23/2022). I've been checking in with them every 2-3 days, and today they finally mentioned that there was an estimated time of completion of 5/21/2022.

Hope this helps a bit with the anxiety of this process.
Dang you ordered 17 days after me at are much further along in the process. Good for you. Where are you located?

Weird question... how often do you guys reach out to your SA's?
My SA quit the week I ordered and I've been on my own since. I was never reassigned. I've emailed the general inbox for my pick-up center (Arden in Sacramento) about once a month and they have never, ever responded. I have had zero human communication with the company since January 10.

What was the edd before the recent change ?
Original was July thru September. It changed about 2 weeks ago to actual dates.

I don’t expect it in until September when they do their “end of quarter push”. My cousin works at the Fremont plant in California, battery production engineer. He’s on the X and S battery. He did say that the Reno facility will be making the batteries for the 3’s and assembly is at Fremont. Their production has doubled the past 3 weeks. Doubt that helps anyone but found it interesting.

I don’t expect it in until September when they do their “end of quarter push”. My cousin works at the Fremont plant in California, battery production engineer. He’s on the X and S battery. He did say that the Reno facility will be making the batteries for the 3’s and assembly is at Fremont. Their production has doubled the past 3 weeks. Doubt that helps anyone but found it interesting.
Are all rwd model 3s equipped with lfps from china or do they also get the nca battery .im hoping i get the lfp..i would probably decline delivery if my car isnt equipped with lfp..that was the big selling point for me

Question you may ask your cousin, without getting him fired over confidentiality. Would Reno manufacture LFP batteries?

If you haven't done so yet you may want to add your order data to the survey and track progression with this Dashboard.

Are all rwd model 3s equipped with lfps from china or do they also get the nca battery .im hoping i get the lfp..i would probably decline delivery if my car isnt equipped with lfp..that was the big selling point for me
From what I saw so far, yes all RWD would be LFP. I'm personally hoping that one of the reason we see so little VIN for RWD is that there is a shortage with those cells and hoping that there's a few containers from China floating somewhere and getting closer and closer each day.

What is your major selling point about LFP?

From what I saw so far, yes all RWD would be LFP. I'm personally hoping that one of the reason we see so little VIN for RWD is that there is a shortage with those cells and hoping that there's a few containers from China floating somewhere and getting closer and closer each day.

What is your major selling point about LFP?
Yes, LFP is more stable and thus safer than NCA. Generally Tesla NCA battery is safer than the rest but, you can’t go wrong with even safer option.

My SA quit the week I ordered and I've been on my own since. I was never reassigned. I've emailed the general inbox for my pick-up center (Arden in Sacramento) about once a month and they have never, ever responded. I have had zero human communication with the company since January 10.
I have a number that I text, that I thought was my SA. I learned my SA only responded before I placed my order to answer my many questions. Since then I have been getting passed around to different advisors. I confirmed my SA is still working for Tesla.. she just doesn't reply to any of my emails. horrendous customer service and purchasing experience.

I just talked to my cousin. They only use the LFP batteries in China. They use the NCA or NCM batteries here in the US for the standard range model 3.
Google is your friend -

"2022 Tesla Model 3 Standard LFP. Today I just took delivery of my new model 3 and its amazing. I was a little worried about the decreased 0-60 specs but now that I have it I'm very pleased. On my first full charge 276 miles of range. The regen feels strong as I would suspect on the standard range. Super pleased"

Ours is a horrible situation....waiting game part 2

The SA is Miami told me that they have almost 300 vehicles waiting for the charge port ECU. The irony is that they do not have a confirmed date for receipt of the parts atleast this month. So, I reckon that this wait is going to spill over into next month surely (atleast for the folks in Miami). Keep in mind thar there may be more delays as the retrofit shall be an additional few hundred man hours for the local SCs, besides their usual load of service and/or repairs.

Tesla eased their potential logistical pile up by shipping out the vehicles from the factory without the charge port.

I just wish that the car finally be worth this long nightmarish experience.
Same situation here in Toronto. This makes me worried about the state of charge of the battery, if the car is standing there for weeks and they can't charge it then at some point I'd worry about SoC getting to the dangerous/battery damaging state.