Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car yesterday. I'm a little torn there were some panel gaps, bad stitching and dents. The only thing tesla said they would fix were the dents, but everything else 'was in spec.' I don't have a car and really can't afford to reject the car so I just accepted the delivery. The earliest service appointment was mid June. I took it to get wrapped and luckily my wrapper is willing to re-wrap the dent panel for free when it is fixed. I'm going with the DynoPrism. As for the car itself I got the Ryzen, LFP, and Matrix light (My SA said I didn't have it but somehow I got it). One thing that did annoy me was that in the car there were mud shoe marks all over in the car on the white seats and for a brand new car to be presented like that, it is just sad and disappointing. Overall, I am happy to have a car finally, but in terms of quality and presentation I am disappointed.

Got my car yesterday. I'm a little torn there were some panel gaps, bad stitching and dents. The only thing tesla said they would fix were the dents, but everything else 'was in spec.' I don't have a car and really can't afford to reject the car so I just accepted the delivery. The earliest service appointment was mid June. I took it to get wrapped and luckily my wrapper is willing to re-wrap the dent panel for free when it is fixed. I'm going with the DynoPrism. As for the car itself I got the Ryzen, LFP, and Matrix light (My SA said I didn't have it but somehow I got it). One thing that did annoy me was that in the car there were mud shoe marks all over in the car on the white seats and for a brand new car to be presented like that, it is just sad and disappointing. Overall, I am happy to have a car finally, but in terms of quality and presentation I am disappointed.
Damn mate sorry to hear about that. Happy that you got your car, but it just sounds brutal.

yeah, my last two deliveries seemed like they didn't care anymore. dirty car, not washed, etc. Panel gaps also were being dismissed quite a bit.

What is the bad stitching look like? and for dents, sounds like they will cover that, as they should.

Did you check under the car? My front bumper (bottom of it) and side skirts on my last delivery was all scraped up from unloading from the carrier. They replaced them for me.

Reactions: Rezan8 and Soosh
yeah, my last two deliveries seemed like they didn't care anymore. dirty car, not washed, etc. Panel gaps also were being dismissed quite a bit.

What is the bad stitching look like? and for dents, sounds like they will cover that, as they should.

Did you check under the car? My front bumper (bottom of it) and side skirts on my last delivery was all scraped up from unloading from the carrier. They replaced them for me.
The under side of the car was fine. As for the stitching the back seat cushions were wrinkled up on the side of the seats. Looks like they didn't stitch the vegan leather correctlty on one side of the seats which is causing the material to crease and fold. I am worried it will crack over time. But the tesla service center rep said it was in spec 🙁

The under side of the car was fine. As for the stitching the back seat cushions were wrinkled up on the side of the seats. Looks like they didn't stitch the vegan leather correctlty on one side of the seats which is causing the material to crease and fold. I am worried it will crack over time. But the tesla service center rep said it was in spec 🙁
Might be good to get that in writing from them in case there are problems later on.

There is a former test drive (marketing) car in New Jersey that can be assigned. It is MSM/BLK/18. It has 150+ miles on it. My SA called me about it but I said no. I've been waiting this long, I want a new car. There was a transfer fee and no discount. If interested you should contact your SA.

• Informative
Reactions: Mlm33
There is a former test drive (marketing) car in New Jersey that can be assigned. It is MSM/BLK/18. It has 150+ miles on it. My SA called me about it but I said no. I've been waiting this long, I want a new car. There was a transfer fee and no discount. If interested you should contact your SA.
So we wouldn't be able to get it at our current price that was locked in for those who ordered before the price increase?

Finally wait is over - just picked up my telsa model 3 white with white interior

Order NOV 21
Delivery May 21

Pick up location- Vaughan

I don’t see any issues with car - no panel gaps
Lfp battery - matrix headlights

2012 Prius V to 2022 Model 3 - it’s a huge upgrade 😂😂😂

Some pictures here

All the best for everyone waiting - good luck and hope you all enjoy this waiting game ( or hate it )

6B857F7B-293D-414F-909B-C0CC13A6806C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B629C24-19CD-46B7-B7E2-D68EAA4DB0E2.jpeg
    1B629C24-19CD-46B7-B7E2-D68EAA4DB0E2.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 76
Finally wait is over - just picked up my telsa model 3 white with white interior

Order NOV 21
Delivery May 21

Some pictures here

All the best for everyone waiting - good luck and hope you all enjoy this waiting game ( or hate it )

View attachment 807093
6 months lead time is quite an achievement for this thread. Congratulations on the upgrade! Do let us know how it feels ;)

Order NOV 21
Delivery May 21

Some pictures here

View attachment 807093
Congrats!! I'm so tempted to upgrade to a white interior as it seems like there are lots of white interior Model 3s being delivered. Although I can't necessarily count on a quicker delivery...still a coin flip.

Order NOV 21
Delivery May 21

Some pictures here

View attachment 807093
The car looks great neighbour. Congratulation!
Is someone drawing an evil spell on the car's front? :) Or a priest giving his benediction? Looks more like a nazi swastika symbol however 🥵

Order NOV 21
Delivery May 21

Some pictures here

View attachment 807093
Great....enjoy the ride !!