Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I just looked at the Ioniq 5, but dealer said they were charging 10k over list.

So I added the sport rims to my black/white interior order instead. But white paint is a must have in Temecula , CA.
Same with when I looked at the Kia EV6. They were charging 15k over MSRP. You're in CA, so you're probably not going to wait that long. I haven't seen many East Coast deliveries. I'm an hour west of PHI. There is a good chance that you will get your M3 before me.

Reactions: BoganDad
Well, I pulled the trigger and switched my order to LR yesterday. My EDD was June 30 - Aug 4 but this morning it moved to May 26-June8. My budget will be tight but we will make do. Here I was a week ago thinking I refuse to be bullied by Tesla into paying more so I can get a car sooner. We shall see. We all know that the EDD don't mean anything until you actually get a VIN.

Well, I pulled the trigger and switched my order to LR yesterday. My EDD was June 30 - Aug 4 but this morning it moved to May 26-June8. My budget will be tight but we will make do. Here I was a week ago thinking I refuse to be bullied by Tesla into paying more so I can get a car sooner. We shall see. We all know that the EDD don't mean anything until you actually get a VIN.
Well damn! Keep us updated. I hope you get it over the next few days.

Reactions: Soosh
With an EDD starting tomorrow and changing that fast I bet you’ll have a VIN in the next few days - good luck!

Reactions: Soosh
Hi,
Another newbie here.
I changed to black and white interior weeks after my original order date, and while it moved up my delivery date, it also reset my order date to yesterday. Is that a common experience?

Also willing to add blue or Sport rims if it helps move up delivery. Any experience in that regard would help.

Socal!

😀
I just upgrade to LR and I freaked out when my order date then changed to yesterday's date. I was thinking I just made a huge mistake. Today my EDD updated to 5/26-6/8 so I think I moved into the LR wait list with my original August OD date like @RPYT said.

Same with when I looked at the Kia EV6. They were charging 15k over MSRP. You're in CA, so you're probably not going to wait that long. I haven't seen many East Coast deliveries. I'm an hour west of PHI. There is a good chance that you will get your M3 before me.
Interesting to know they’ve been doing the same with the Mach-E - After watching a couple Munro Live videos I decided to stay with Tesla

Reactions: Johnsson90
Interesting to know they’ve been doing the same with the Mach-E - After watching a couple Munro Live videos I decided to stay with Tesla
I asked about a Mach-E at Huntington Beach Ford in California and guy told me $30K mark-up for the Select Model. I laughed at the sales man and ordered a tesla the next day. 🤣

Hey hey hey the rest of you guys need to stop cutting in the LR line like that!!!

Today was a very eventful day. On my way from the Quad Cities to Des Moines and back (about 5 hours total) I counted 32 various Teslas traveling down I-80. I saw a trailer load of Rivians and a trailer of Teslas heading West. I visited the new Tesla showroom in Des Moines to test drive a Dual Motor Model 3 again and decided that the RWD was the right car for me (with my lead foot I would get into so much trouble with a Dual Motor). When I got home my EDD had updated to July 20 - August 24. Hopefully, this a sign of good things to come.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I finally placed an order for a RWD Pearl White w/ black interior and aero wheels. I've been toying with the idea of getting a Tesla for over a year now and am currently driving an e-Golf and have owned a Leaf. We rented a Model 3 for a week on a recent trip, and that sealed the deal for me.

When should I expect an EDD? My account currently says "Estimated delivery: Sep - Dec 2022"

Excited to join the club!

Reactions: Drew_in_Tx
Hi everyone. I finally placed an order for a RWD Pearl White w/ black interior and aero wheels. I've been toying with the idea of getting a Tesla for over a year now and am currently driving an e-Golf and have owned a Leaf. We rented a Model 3 for a week on a recent trip, and that sealed the deal for me.

When should I expect an EDD? My account currently says "Estimated delivery: Sep - Dec 2022"

Excited to join the club!
I'd plan for 2023, to be honest. Unless something drastically changes.