Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Team,

I picked up my Blue LR on 6/14 and have been busy as hell since. Obviously, for those who know my story this has been somewhat of a painful process. However, I had a great experience during delivery and I LOVE THE CAR. I've made some alterations since Tuesday. I wish you all the best on your journey.

Attachments

• 20220615_152219.jpg
    20220615_152219.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 235
  • FB_IMG_1655260365780.jpg
    FB_IMG_1655260365780.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 79
Looks like prices increased again on Model 3 for LR. I'm now finally tempted to jump to LR just because of the price difference between new and what I could get it for. I ordered the SR on 3/11 just before the price hike on the 15th. So my SR had base price of $44,990. I believe on the 11th when I ordered, the LR was $51,990.

Now that today, a new one would cost $57,990, that seems very tempting to do ($6k equity right from the start). Is anyone else thinking the same?

Seeing a weird bug in the EDD where the month changes from capitalized to not and back. So october then to October and back.

Anyone waiting in MN/WI?

OD 4/7/2022
M3/White ext/Black/Aero/No FSD
EDD: 9/12/22 - 11/7/22
Edit order on 5/30/2022
M3/MSM/Black/Sport Wheels/No FSD
EDD: September 12 - November 07
Changed on 6/3/22 edd 9/2 - 10/14
Changed on 6/9/22 edd 10/9 - 11/19

Hi Team,

I picked up my Blue LR on 6/14 and have been busy as hell since. Obviously, for those who know my story this has been somewhat of a painful process. However, I had a great experience during delivery and I LOVE THE CAR. I've made some alterations since Tuesday. I wish you all the best on your journey.
Congrats! Enjoy the new car :)

Seeing a weird bug in the EDD where the month changes from capitalized to not and back. So october then to October and back.

Anyone waiting in MN/WI?

OD 4/7/2022
M3/White ext/Black/Aero/No FSD
EDD: 9/12/22 - 11/7/22
Edit order on 5/30/2022
M3/MSM/Black/Sport Wheels/No FSD
EDD: September 12 - November 07
Changed on 6/3/22 edd 9/2 - 10/14
Changed on 6/9/22 edd 10/9 - 11/19
Yes, this happens to me when I refresh the app, but not the web version... it looks like a bug with the app, idk...

Reactions: Jbedz
Looks like prices increased again on Model 3 for LR. I'm now finally tempted to jump to LR just because of the price difference between new and what I could get it for. I ordered the SR on 3/11 just before the price hike on the 15th. So my SR had base price of $44,990. I believe on the 11th when I ordered, the LR was $51,990.

Now that today, a new one would cost $57,990, that seems very tempting to do ($6k equity right from the start). Is anyone else thinking the same?
You might not get the $2000 Calif CVRP rebate though.

That's what I am confused on as well. From previous posts, what people said, was that the CVRP was based on the base MSRP which back then, all 3 models were under the $45k limit. So technically if that's true, any model we choose (if purchased prior to the 3/15 price hike) should qualify for the CRVP.

Anyone who purchased a LR in CA that got the pre-3/15 price able to confirm this?

Reactions: JJ777
Based on the CVRP site, they make it sound like you can as well:
Consumers who ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Tesla Model Y on or before March 15, 2022 are still eligible for a rebate if you meet all other  eligibility requirements. Please note: to be eligible, you must submit a CVRP application after delivery and within three months of the date of first registration.

So I guess I'll hope this is the case! If so, that's even bigger equity into the car to start with compared to buying the LR now.

Reactions: JJ777

I am very value conscious. Just because I can easily afford something doesn't mean I will buy it if it is not good value proposition. My RWD is locked at the $40k base price which is now going for $47k. So that's ($7k "equity"). My AWD price is $50k and is now selling for $58k ($8k "equity"). I paid $1k upgrade for MSM which is now free, so my "equity" in either scenario decreases by $1k if I keep gray.

I have posted many times that for me the AWD upgrade makes little sense as I do not need the range, AWD, or speed. Fog lights, ambient lights, better stereo are all nice to have but I wouldn't pay $10k for it. But now, my "equity" in switching trims has shifted towards AWD. Up to this point, the price increases over my contract price had been higher for RWD. That is, it is a better deal in terms contract price to new order price to buy the AWD. However, I think that delta would have to increase another $2k for me to really consider switching. I really like the idea of LFP at the $40k price point.

Last edited:
Reactions: RPYT
I am very value conscious. Just because I can easily afford something doesn't mean I will buy it if it is not good value proposition. My RWD is locked at the $40k base price which is now going for $47k. So that's ($7k "equity"). My AWD price is $50k and is now selling for $58k ($8k "equity"). I paid $1k upgrade for MSM which is now free, so my "equity" in either scenario decreases by $1k if I keep gray.

I have posted many times that for me the AWD upgrade makes little sense as I do not need the range, AWD, or speed. Fog lights, ambient lights, better stereo are all nice to have but I wouldn't pay $10k for it. But now, my "equity" in switching trims has shifted towards AWD. Up to this point, the price increases for contract price had been higher for RWD. That is, it is a better deal in terms contract price to new order price to buy the AWD. However, I think that delta would have to increase another $2k for me to really consider switching. I really like the idea of LFP at the $40k price point.
yeah, I agree with you based on your price you get from your order date. I think I would also do the same.

I don't really need the AWD either, but being that I may not keep the Model 3 long term, I think the larger price difference I can get will help me get the most $$$ when I sell it. I probably will only be keeping the car 1 year or so max. decisions, decisions...

Reactions: alset3000
Also have a MYLR (2020, love it!) and have just received a M3 RWD last month. The latter is for my wife who doesn't drive more than 6000 miles per year. She is getting used to it but was wondering why I went with the purchase after I told her the break even on gas savings was 33 years :).

What kind of answers are you looking for? On a Tesla forum, you are most likely going to find people who are happy with their purchases.

Worth it compared to what? Compared to 3 LR, it doesn't have enough range. Compared to Model Y or Model X, it doesn't carry as much cargo and/or people. Compared to a Pontiac Aztek... well; anything is better than that. Compared to the Falcon-9, it is woefully inadequate for getting to the orbiting ISS or launching satellites.

I have a 3 RWD (SR+ as it was known when I purchased it) and I am very happy with it.