Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original OD 10/2021. FINALLY Received VIN last Wednesday 7/20 -- EDD updated to 8/4-8-8

Got the trade-in call yesterday 7/25 and was told the car is shipping from Fremont CA. Is it really true that it'll take nearly two weeks to ship or could I expect a potential surprise this weekend instead? Or earlier than the 4th I guess? Not sure how long shipping to Raleigh actually takes and SA's haven't said much to not change expectations. Hoping someone cancels delivery or something so I can get in this car finally!
I'm in Raleigh and was told last Sunday that car should be here around Aug 5th. Current EDD Aug 3 - Aug 9.
So i believe it does takes about 2 weeks to ship cars to East Coast.

Reactions: MtlMV and iBiltGiza
Hey All,

Had a conversation with my SA today. Not sure if this would be helpful information to anyone but just figured I would share.

I asked him if changing the color to black would bring up my estimated delivery date at all and he said the color doesn't matter too much. He said that changing to LR or Performance would work in moving the delivery date up.

He mentioned that he is still waiting to take delivery on his MY that he ordered back in September.

Would like to let you know that my EDD was changed just this moment from 8/22-9/26 to TBD. Tesla app EDD is blank. Does anyone has similar situation? Don’t understand what’s going on. My OD 3/27/22.
This has happened to me in the past. When this happened to me I got a new EDD in the app later that day or the following day. My scenario was EDD 7/31 - 9/11 then TBD for a day or so and then a new EDD of 7/27 - 8/31.

Delivery update: took delivery of my M3 yesterday and it’s absolutely beautiful! It has the matrix headlights, LFP, Heated Wipers, double pane front windows.

Delivery experience was pretty straight forward they let you in the car tell you to sign a bunch of papers and inspect your car, found a few minor cosmetic issues some were just adhesive but in the end I did have to request a service of the charge port not closing flush and there are 2 minor scratches on the interior passenger door.

If you are financing your car you need to bring your down payment, a void cheque and proof of insurance

Thanks everyone for the conversation over the last year! It was a long one but you all made it bearable!
Thank you for the info and congratulations on the car.
What name did you make the draft payable to for the down payment?

Delivery update: took delivery of my M3 yesterday and it’s absolutely beautiful! It has the matrix headlights, LFP, Heated Wipers, double pane front windows.

Delivery experience was pretty straight forward they let you in the car tell you to sign a bunch of papers and inspect your car, found a few minor cosmetic issues some were just adhesive but in the end I did have to request a service of the charge port not closing flush and there are 2 minor scratches on the interior passenger door.

If you are financing your car you need to bring your down payment, a void cheque and proof of insurance

Thanks everyone for the conversation over the last year! It was a long one but you all made it bearable!
Why do you need a void check? I am financing from a local bank and will be bringing the bank check and my ID...

New user here, OD & EDD listed below:

- OD: 4/6
- EDD @ 4/13: 7/27 - 9/21
- EDD @ 4/25: 7/31 - 9/11
- EDD @ 6/23: 7/27 - 8/31
- EDD @ 7/11: 9/28 - 11/9

Is anyone else experiencing this large of leap in EDD?

I talked to the tesla rep at my local location and he mentioned not to pay too much attention to the delivery dates but not much more from there. Also spoke with tesla customer service advisor and he stated that this new range should be accurate due to delivery delays and manufacturing delays? I expected a few push and pulls here and there on EDD but to go from 7/27-9/21 as original EDD all the way to 9/28/-11/9 as new EDD as of 7/11 seems a bit extreme.

Order Details: Model 3 Standard Range (aka Model 3 RWD), White Exterior, Black Interior, 19" sport wheels, Included Auto Pilot
I haven’t seen mine EDD move at all since my original OD of 5/19 it has been an EDD of 10/1-11/12 and hopefully I won’t experience any movement of the EDD as it gets closer.
I ordered model 3 rwd black paint with black interior and areo rims.. I will say from what I’ve read I think your date got pushed back to the end of Q3 delivery push which seems to be Teslas move.

Reactions: jacobvargas
OOD: 2-15-22
MSM, black, aero, no fsd
EDD: 10/22-12/3

Good news, I read the Climate Bill is getting legs again! Gold ol Manchin may have just been waiting for the Chips Bill to pass. Might be getting our EV credit back. Long way to go, but a bright spot during these dark days of waiting.
I’m just hoping it’s retro active for all those who have received their cars already. If it won’t be, I imagine a lot of people will be putting orders on hold until it passes to accept delivery and earn the incentive.

Last edited:
Reactions: iBiltGiza
I’m just hoping it’s retro active for all those who have received their cars already. If it won’t be, I imagine a lot of people will be putting orders on hold until it passes to accept delivery and earn the incentive.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but per section 13401... it will not be retroactive as currently written:

(k) EFFECTIVE DATES.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in para-graphs (2), (3), (4), and (5), the amendments made by this section shall apply to vehicles placed in service after December 31, 2022.

inflation_reduction_act_of_2022

Reactions: Fire0897
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but per section 13401... it will not be retroactive as currently written:

(k) EFFECTIVE DATES.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in para-graphs (2), (3), (4), and (5), the amendments made by this section shall apply to vehicles placed in service after December 31, 2022.

inflation_reduction_act_of_2022
I guess a lot of us will be delay delivery until 1/1/2023. This is dumb. Totally dumb government