Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question I’d like to answer is, “Why did you jump ahead of me in the order queue?” Another possible explanation is that if someone orders the connector alongside the car (as I did), perhaps Tesla only ships the connector as the car delivery date approaches. Maybe creating a separate, new order for a mobile connector prioritizes shipping as soon as possible? I’m only guessing here - Tesla hasn’t clarified this.
Hi, just popping in. Spoke to my SA about this. If you order the connector with your car it will ship with the car and be included with the car. This is new and they are still rolling this out as they just started the voucher/no mobile connector program about 2 weeks ago . My SA said they are still working on confirmign these details but from his understanding that is the current plan.

He explained that right now if you want the connector asap you need to order it separately thru the store after purchasing the car. If you order it when you place the car order the two will be linked together.

Assembled in the US but nothing regarding "50% of the value of the battery’s components" though. It can be 80% from China and still be assembled in the US.
Battery Components ($3,750): Starting in 2023 (and after the Treasury issues guidance on this requirement), to qualify for this portion of the credit, at least 50% of the value of the battery’s components must have been manufactured or assembled in North America. The 50% amount increases to 60% in 2024 and 2025, 70% in 2026, 80% in 2027, 90% i

I think the operative word is 'value.' I assume this is based on costs. So if 100% of the cells are from China, is that 50% of the value of the battery? Or is the structure and the penthouse components, assuming they are 100% made in NA, are 50% or more of the value of the battery? Does this include labor? The Moroney stickers says 'final assembly of the battery is in Fremont' but that still doesn't address the 50% of the value criteria question.

Reactions: IndyGopher
silver/black/19" no FSD delivered today. they texted me earlier in the day saying they could deliver it to my house earlier than we scheduled, but i couldnʻt leave work early. guy arrived exactly at the scheduled time...signed a few papers, handed over a check, paired my phone with the car...and then i told the guy i had to leave to take my son to swim practice...

so we left while the guy waited at my house for his Uber 😆

just finished setting up my profile, adding a few accessories i had purchased...tint appointment is for sunday...

oh, since they delivered the car, he said i have 3 days or 100 miles to note any problems/issues with the car in the service part of the app. will do that saturday, i guess.

and about the mobile charger - i used the coupon code and ordered it about 10 days ago...it finally shipped a few days ago and iʻll receive it tomorrow. donʻt know if it will have the 14-50 in it but iʻll report when i receive it.

have decided to get a wall charger and direct connect it rather than installing the 14-50 plug since it requires a GFCI breaker, which is over $100 by itself. add an industrial grade nema 14-50 outlet at $70-80...thatʻs half the price of a wall charger so i might as well get the wall charger.

Reactions: kaimanson
silver/black/19" no FSD delivered today. they texted me earlier in the day saying they could deliver it to my house earlier than we scheduled, but i couldnʻt leave work early. guy arrived exactly at the scheduled time...signed a few papers, handed over a check, paired my phone with the car...and then i told the guy i had to leave to take my son to swim practice...

just finished setting up my profile, adding a few accessories i had purchased...tint appointment is for sunday...

oh, since they delivered the car, he said i have 3 days or 100 miles to note any problems/issues with the car in the service part of the app. will do that saturday, i guess.
What was your OD?

Or is the structure and the penthouse components, assuming they are 100% made in NA, are 50% or more of the value of the battery?
I know that some 2018 owners had their battery Power Conversion System fail and it's not covered under battery warranty. The PCS is inside the penthouse. So Tesla is in a bind that if they changed their stance on considering things in the penthouse to be part of the battery then they'll have to refund all the out of warranty PCS repairs ($2000 each).

have decided to get a wall charger and direct connect it rather than installing the 14-50 plug since it requires a GFCI breaker, which is over $100 by itself. add an industrial grade nema 14-50 outlet at $70-80...thatʻs half the price of a wall charger so i might as well get the wall charger.
That's my conclusion as well, GFCi breaker and NEMA outlet is about $200 so might as well go with a wall charger. Also there's less connections to make so less things to go wrong.

Hi, just popping in. Spoke to my SA about this. If you order the connector with your car it will ship with the car and be included with the car. This is new and they are still rolling this out as they just started the voucher/no mobile connector program about 2 weeks ago . My SA said they are still working on confirmign these details but from his understanding that is the current plan.
That sounds good, I feel like that should be how it works. If I order the mobile connector at the same time as the vehicle reservation then they should throw one in the trunk before delivery just like old times.

Reactions: ZZ118
Finally schedule my delivery day for 9/23! Has anyone heard of delivery days moving up earlier due to car getting to the location sooner then expected? I’m leaving out of town and want to make sure I can take delivery that day.
I would say BE PREPARED for it. In my case the EDD was 8/27 - 9/10 on 8/8 and by Friday 8/12 at 5pm it became 8/12 - 8/16.

Reactions: Canesfan89
Well, after switching to Blue a couple days ago my EDD now updated to 11/16 - 12/26 which is exactly one day sooner than MSM was before the switch :) Hoping that moves more in the coming days, but I'm not holding my breath. It was still probably worth a try given the other reports here.
I just switched to Red this morning, hopefully my EDD will be sooner :)

My EDD just moved up to 9 Sep to 13 Sep. Yikes. I have a lot to do. That is today thru Tuesday! And I just got a VIN. But no contact from Tesla. There is another person in their system with the same first and last name as me and they have been getting us confused many times. I'd get a text saying 'get ready to pick up you car on Friday' but it was meant for the other guy. So not 100% sure if this is correct or not. I hope they don't keep confusing me with him for the rest of my ownership.

My EDD just moved up to 9 Sep to 13 Sep. Yikes. I have a lot to do. That is today thru Tuesday! And I just got a VIN. But no contact from Tesla. There is another person in their system with the same first and last name as me and they have been getting us confused many times. I'd get a text saying 'get ready to pick up you car on Friday' but it was meant for the other guy. So not 100% sure if this is correct or not. I hope they don't keep confusing me with him for the rest of my ownership.
Whats your OD and design details?

He explained that right now if you want the connector asap you need to order it separately thru the store after purchasing the car. If you order it when you place the car order the two will be linked together.

Thank you for clarifying this - very helpful info.

After reading your post, I cancelled my mobile connector order (which I had placed when I ordered the car on Aug 20th). A few minutes ago, I placed a new, separate order for the connector; hopefully it will ship soon.

Last edited:
Is the move to cancel our mobile charger orders if we ordered them a few months ago and re-order? I ordered in June but haven't seen any activity on the shipping front.
I’m personally not going to cancel my mobile connector order. I’ll give them the chance to ship it nearer to my vehicle delivery or have it included with the car. I made a thread on this forum and a few people said that their connectors finally shipped once they got a delivery date.

Silver? I thought they stop producing silver for M3?