Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After being bumped to a 5 week window (from 4) earlier this week, just got pushed to our first two week window! My SA keeps insisting delivery will be the last week of September even when the app showed a 5 week window yesterday.

Model 3 RWD Blue/White/18/No FSD
OD - 5/6
Order Estimate - September - November
5/7 - August 23 - October 4
6/9 - October 03 - November 14
8/13 - September 13 - October 18
8/21 - September 15 - October 13
9/6 - October 6 - November 10
9/10 - September 20 - October 4

I disagree. It’s really not worth it outside of visual appeal unless you drive enough on a daily basis to justify the slightly higher charge speeds (which most people do not). The tesla chargers also only works for Tesla’s which is useless if you ever purchase a different EV or a friend with a non tesla EV ever needs a charge. A nema outlet in your garage can also be useful for certain high powered tools or appliances.

That extra money upgrading to the tesla charger vs using a basic nema outlet could be used instead to drive many miles, buy floor mats, etc.
There are adapters to charge a non-tesla with a tesla wall charger. Also, I was saying that if you're installing a NEMA *just* for a Tesla, then you may as well do the wall charger. Obviously if you're a welder or a mechanic (and for some reason don't already have a NEMA outlet for your tools) then yeah, get a NEMA outlet.

There are adapters to charge a non-tesla with a tesla wall charger. Also, I was saying that if you're installing a NEMA *just* for a Tesla, then you may as well do the wall charger. Obviously if you're a welder or a mechanic (and for some reason don't already have a NEMA outlet for your tools) then yeah, get a NEMA outlet.
Yeah, but then you have to spend the $$ on that adapter too 😉. Everyone has their own opinion, there isn’t a right it wrong. I personally see buying the home tesla charger over using a nema + the mobile connector when your driving habits don’t necessitate the additional miles/hr of charging to be a waste of money.

Is there any big different between using the Nema outlet with Tesla mobile connector vs Tesla wall connector?
Go to this page and choose the vehicle. It’ll show you the miles per hour of charge difference among all the options. Most people don’t need the minor increase in charging speed of the tesla wall adapter (it does look legit though and is very appealing).

Yeah, but then you have to spend the $$ on that adapter too 😉. Everyone has their own opinion, there isn’t a right it wrong. I personally see buying the home tesla charger over using a nema + the mobile connector when your driving habits don’t necessitate the additional miles/hr of charging to be a waste of money.
In my case, I have to charge outside because my garage is full of my hobbies/toys, so I need the TWC because the MC isn't weatherproof. So that's also something to consider.

Ordered Tesla Mobile Connector in July. Sent two emails to Tesla about not receiving it yet…

Crickets.
I ordered in August not shipped yet. Emailed 3x. Got a response saying it's out of stock even though clearly it isn't. They offered to cancel and refund... if I was desperate for it, I'd cancel and reorder but I can wait so I'll just wait.

I think if you want it quickly, do what others have done and reorder.

I ordered the Mobile Charger when I ordered the car on 5 Jun. It never shipped. I sent a note to the e- mail, never got an answer. Unfortunately this seems all too common for Tesla. Then I ordered a Wall Charger. I did this for a few reasons. After Turo'ing a few Model 3's I got tired or putting the mobile charger back in the bag and trunk after charging. But the main reason was that I also have Tesla Solar and Tesla has hinted the new Wall Charger will have some integration with other Tesla products which I assume to be Solar. I'd like my car to coordinate its charging with the Solar Gateway. I know I should never buy a Tesla product based on what I think it should do some day, but if I'm wrong it is not a huge loss. There is a third party that is already doing this. But I want to do it all in the Tesla app.

I cancelled the 1st Mobile Connector order and re-ordered hoping It would ship but it hasn't yet. I get my car on the 17th. I have not installed the Wall Charger yet. Busy getting all my Tesla homework done and trying to sell my car.

Got my M3 on 9/9 Some slight panel gap imperfections but apparently they’re within spec. They’re very hard to notice, but if it’s something you are particular about, check everything.

Overall it went as expected, I am not a fan of the process per se, you’re spending quite a bit of money on a car and you’re told to kind of just do everything yourself, not much of a luxurious delivery experience like previous cars I’ve had. But I knew that and my expectations were low. I strongly believe customer service needs major improvement, especially when competetion heats up so that Tesla remains at the forefront.

The car is super fun to drive, I even have the RWD and I find it plenty powerful. Low center of gravity makes for amazing handling, the thing feels like it’s on rails. Just gotta get familiar with all the features.

My mobile connector set is arriving on 9/13, it comes with the NEMA 14-50.

Thanks for all your support.

I ordered the Mobile Charger when I ordered the car on 5 Jun. It never shipped. I sent a note to the e- mail, never got an answer. Unfortunately this seems all too common for Tesla. Then I ordered a Wall Charger. I did this for a few reasons. After Turo'ing a few Model 3's I got tired or putting the mobile charger back in the bag and trunk after charging. But the main reason was that I also have Tesla Solar and Tesla has hinted the new Wall Charger will have some integration with other Tesla products which I assume to be Solar. I'd like my car to coordinate its charging with the Solar Gateway. I know I should never buy a Tesla product based on what I think it should do some day, but if I'm wrong it is not a huge loss. There is a third party that is already doing this. But I want to do it all in the Tesla app.

I cancelled the 1st Mobile Connector order and re-ordered hoping It would ship but it hasn't yet. I get my car on the 17th. I have not installed the Wall Charger yet. Busy getting all my Tesla homework done and trying to sell my car.
I called my rep about the unsent mobile charger & he recommended I order one now from the Tesla store, then return the second one if it ever ships. I ordered one and already have a shipping label - should be here in a few days.

Apparently when I ordered the car/charger in May they were both (sic) out of stock, and Tesla had no procedure in place to send it when inventory improved. Let’s hope they have a procedure in place to send the car when inventory improves…

:)

Question for the ones who have already taken the delivery but more than likely they are not here anymore. Does anyone know if Tesla mostly delivers during the beginning of the 2 week window or towards the end. I know other factors will come into play such as location, etc. but I live in CA, pretty close to Fremont factory. Thanks.

Question for the ones who have already taken the delivery but more than likely they are not here anymore. Does anyone know if Tesla mostly delivers during the beginning of the 2 week window or towards the end. I know other factors will come into play such as location, etc. but I live in CA, pretty close to Fremont factory. Thanks.
You set up an appointment from the app. In my case I asked for a Saturday appointment since I work (of course) and also my wife will need to come along to sign the paperwork since we are both registered for the car. But I could have picked Tues or Wed of the next week. That was just too quickly for me for all the stuff I needed to do.

Reactions: kaimanson