Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats. Car looks great. Any chance you could share a link for the wheel covers?

OD 3/08/22 Rwd/msm/black/18/SAP edd 10/3-10/17 no vin no contact from my SA who my cousin.
incredible - makes the car pop. If I park next to an MY with real turbines u can see a difference, BUT - they still look “real” (rims), they don’t look like plastic.

So worth it.

Reactions: kaimanson
M3/ Gray/ Black Interior/ 18" Aero/ No FSD
My Order date 5/27/22
EDD
9/10 - 10/18
10/18 - 11/27
10/14- 11/18 color changed to white on 9/18 (might get delay due to color change?) what you guys think?

But funny thing is my gf just got her Edd to10/4 -10/14 (org order date 7/4/22)
on M3/Black/Black intereiro/18 aeor/no fsd.

A few big updates here over the past few days. Trying to be as detailed as possible as I had the same questions on timing many of you have.

Model 3 RWD Blue/White/18/No FSD
OD - 5/6
Order Estimate - September - November
5/7 - August 23 - October 4
6/9 - October 03 - November 14
8/13 - September 13 - October 18
8/21 - September 15 - October 13
9/6 - October 6 - November 10
9/10 - September 20 - October 4
9/11 - Trade in Text (I have no trade in)
9/17 - September 26 - October 3 - VIN Assigned!
9/19 - Schedule Delivery Text/Email! (September 25 - September 27)
9/19 - Scheduled Delivery for September 25!

The saga is almost over... I hope.

So jelly seeing everyone getting their toys so soon. I'm still trying to decide if I should put my order in now so I'll get mine before the end of the year or wait until November. I would hate to miss out any potential tax credit by taking delivery before 2023.

We picked up the car today right at the appointed time. Coincidently as they tried to open the car with their app, the entire Tesla server went down and no one could get into the Tesla App for about 15 minutes. Then there was a new Tesla app released this morning so I had to download that from the app store to get back into the app. Eventually I had to accept delivery to get into the car. It took a few cycles of killing the app and restarting to get it synced up. The car has the new matrix lights and the Hankook tires. I stopped by Discount Tire on my way home and bought road hazard certificates for them. He looked up that tire in his system and it was like $260/each. Seemed too expensive. Anyway... the build quality was pretty good. In general, the panel gaps looked good except for the passenger front door is too far forward. A small nick in the paint on the driver side rear door. Maybe one of the headlights has an uneven gap. The joint on the headliner between the front and rear don't line up well. The Frunk is difficult to close. I've done this on other cars and this is not normal. I'll make a service appointment to note these things. They really wanted me to document these this way. I've seen this on many cars, not really bad, just being anal. I tested supercharging at the service center and now I'm charging on my wall connector in the garage. Going to take it up to 100 percent and let the cells equalize.

We were told my wife had to be with me during the pickup because she is registered with the car. But since we did not get a loan through Tesla she did not have to be there. Actually there was nothing for either of us to sign. Brought my floor mats with me. The car is really nice. Poured down rain on the drive home and now it is dirty.

The car needs tint. Working on that. The white dash casts a reflection on the inside windows that overlap right on the side mirrors. Annoying. Tint will help but that white has to go.

Overall it was a good experience except for the crashing Tesla server. Now I have to figure out all the various settings.

Also... I connected it to my WiFi and it downloaded 2022.24.8. I'll wait til tonight to install it.
Just an update.... during the delivery we were told to enter a service request for items we find. We weren't really encouraged to stay there and do it. We legally owned the car, so we drove it home. While charging at home the breaker on the 14-50 circuit tripped. Opening the breaker box it was so hot I could not touch it. The brand new breaker installed by an electrician was defective. A quit trip to Home Depot to get the matching brand name breaker and 15 minutes to swap it out and I'm back in business. Breakers can go bad. The new one runs just a tad warm but as expected. Charged it to 100% and let it sit until Charge Complete. The stated range was 273 miles. Entered a service request with my items and submitted it. First available appointment was 14 Oct. Yikes. FYI... I also have the garage door opener to install and I tried to make a 2nd appointment for that and it will not let me. So I guess you can only have one thing wrong at a time? The Mobile Connector I ordered back on 5 Jun never came... so I cancelled it and ordered it via the web site... finally came today. At least I didn't need it since I have the Wall Connector, but this set up is really poorly done. I'm getting part of the car tinted Friday. They don't have the film I want in stock for the other windows. Been playing with cabin overheat protection at work and that seems to use more battery than my commute. I used 'vent' today and it doesn't make much of an impact. Tomorrow I'm only going to use Vent to see what temp it gets. Hopefully the tint will slow the heat flux on the car.

So far I really like the car. Tesla's lack of service is not likable. And I need to drive over 30 miles each way for the service appointment.

So jelly seeing everyone getting their toys so soon. I'm still trying to decide if I should put my order in now so I'll get mine before the end of the year or wait until November. I would hate to miss out any potential tax credit by taking delivery before 2023.
If you have a mean of transportation and are sure to be eligible for a $7.5K incentive, I don't see why you would not wait. October is next week.

In the Long Range waiting thread we have two cases of people who have been waiting since Spring to get a VIN and who also added Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) to their order when that feature came out (late June 2022). It looks like Tesla has an ordering bug that puts such orders indefinitely in limbo. When those two people dropped EAP from the order they almost immediately received VINs.

So if you're in the same boat, I suggest you drop EAP from your order.

I know of no impact on orders that were placed after the EAP package was reintroduced.

Tomorrow is my second time entering the first day of my second EDD window (September 21-October 1). Hoping by some miracle I wake up to a VIN and a quick delivery date. The tease is painful. They sent a text saying I would get it by the end of the month so I'm really hoping! Going on vacation second week of October.
Tomorrow is my second time entering the first day of my second EDD window (September 21-October 1). Hoping by some miracle I wake up to a VIN and a quick delivery date. The tease is painful. They sent a text saying I would get it by the end of the month so I'm really hoping! Going on vacation second week of October.
Same! My current window says Sept 21 - Oct 3. I also received the same text that I’ll receive it in September. I woke up and no VIN yet. Located in SoCal. Crossing my fingers for you!

Just put my order in last night, 09/21/2022.

Model 3 RWD, white, white interior, standard 18" wheels, no FSD or EAP.

Pre-confirmation, the delivery window was stated as somewhere between the end of October and the end of December.

This morning--I guess after the order had been queued on Tesla's side--I got an updated delivery window of somewhere between November 20 and January 1 (a five week window).

I know I've read horror stories of people waiting six months for theirs, but based on others here it looks like they've been waiting less. Seems like maybe Tesla's shortages with LFP batteries is being alleviated?

Would be nice if this window is accurate!

My Tesla SR Delivery Window is Nov 13 - Dec 25 but with Tax credit wind around, not sure if I should delay it by a month to qualify for the tax credit program starting from Jan 1st 2023? Any advice if i can delay? I am also not sure if i will be in town this Christmas :(

My Tesla SR Delivery Window is Nov 13 - Dec 25 but with Tax credit wind around, not sure if I should delay it by a month to qualify for the tax credit program starting from Jan 1st 2023? Any advice if i can delay? I am also not sure if i will be in town this Christmas :(
We still don’t know if RWD will qualify for the credits… I keep refreshing the IRS website for updates but nothing since mid August 🥲