Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
>>> Series of Fortunate Events <<<

M3RWD / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD

EDD changes for location Santa Clara, CA

OD: 15-Aug-2022
Aug 15 : December 1 - January 20
Sep 01 : October 20 - November 24
Sep 12 : November 21 - January 02
Sep 29 : November 21 - January 02 (Noticed M3RWD / Red / White / 19" wheels / No FSD in Inventory and requested Tesla to contact me)
Sep 30 : Morning - Tesla contacted me and assigned VIN for Red/White, informed Tesla that down payment is high and I requested for other options
Sep 30 : Morning - Tesla identified M3RWD / White / White / Aero / No FSD and I got my new VIN assigned
Sep 30 : Afternoon - Tesla is delivered to my home, White interior is out of this World

Took 46 days from Order to Delivery.

My tip is to keep an eye on Inventory and be flexible with the configurations.

The roller coaster continues. Updated edd as of this am. 9/28 - 10/11
Edd changed again yesterday 10/5-10/19.
also got a text asking if I was ready to take delivery today for a car. I replied yes and about 20 mins later I got a call asking if I could take delivery tonight. End of quarter push I suppose. It was a totally different config just Rwd. We declined and the wait continues.

Reactions: Mob Dee
Canceling my order for the RWD.

Because I bought a new inventory M3LR. Same config as my RWD. Car is incredible. Took delivery 9/29. Had to drive 4.5 hours south to Los Angeles to get it, so got quite familiar with it on the way home. The excitement and laugh from my dad when I punched the accelerator made the 10k upgrade worth every penny. Not to mention the sound system.

Good luck and may the EDD be forever in your favors.

P.s. only issue was a slight misalignment of the passenger side headlight that they are going to fix at my local service center. Otherwise the car is beautiful.

Well, mine was a mess and no one will call me back at the Fresno location. End of quarter rush and they told me it would be there the 29th. Then it turned into the 30th morning. Then it was promised to me at 8 PM. I asked if it will be there, they said it was on its way from Fremont. I got the loan done and a cashier's check. Then four hours before they cancelled. No one contacted me in person since. They gave me another VIN on Saturday, then put my account on hold, it is a joke at this point. I now have to deal with getting my money back into my bank account and cancelling the loan. They probably just sold my VIN at Fremont before it was shipped to Fresno and didn't want to tell me. I bought a used Model S from Tesla and now I am probably done. I even put the tiny deposit down on the cyber truck within minutes of them opening the orders.

The verbiage I received from Tesla, after finally reaching them and them never responding to my messages, was it was a pre-production model. I have a voicemail stating that the car was on the truck heading to my location, so get the paperwork done. So, a pre-production car was on the truck? I guess they just cared more about their stockholders and the end of quarter rush, instead of the customer. I thought I would never purchase a non-Tesla. After how this situation unfolded, I am going to look at other EV's in 2023. This process cost me about 8 hours of communication and getting all the paperwork ready. For all of this, I got no car, and I owed $8.42 in interest on the loan. Will also lose the $250 as well.

The verbiage I received from Tesla, after finally reaching them and them never responding to my messages, was it was a pre-production model. I have a voicemail stating that the car was on the truck heading to my location, so get the paperwork done. So, a pre-production car was on the truck? I guess they just cared more about their stockholders and the end of quarter rush, instead of the customer. I thought I would never purchase a non-Tesla. After how this situation unfolded, I am going to look at other EV's in 2023. This process cost me about 8 hours of communication and getting all the paperwork ready. For all of this, I got no car, and I owed $8.42 in interest on the loan. Will also lose the $250 as well.
I’m really sorry for all your frustrations. Do you mind you sharing the details of your order for our reference?

I’m really sorry for all your frustrations. Do you mind you sharing the details of your order for our reference?

I will give some details. I have dealt with the Tesla service center with my Model S many times, and something always goes wrong there. They have been very nice in the past, but the headache of dealing with them is not worth it. For instance, I had to get the plastic shielding replaced under the front of my car. It took three visits since they ordered the wrong parts twice. It is a 45-minute drive one way, so that was testing my patience.

Ordered a Red RWD Model 3 on July 14. Nothing added on. It was originally supposed to be ready in late November. That date kept on inching up into late October to mid-October. We then got a text on the 26th that it will be ready for pickup on the 28th, and that is where the insanity started. :p I had about 25 updates from Tesla about the delivery of the car and forms. I deleted the text chain today for my mental health.

That part that upsets me is no one called me to tell me they screwed up. I just got a general text. If they were honest with me and told me the truth by reaching out to me, then I would still be buying the car. Radio silence from them after the end of quarter madness and then insanity on the app. It now says November 20 - December 25.

I will give some details. I have dealt with the Tesla service center with my Model S many times, and something always goes wrong there. They have been very nice in the past, but the headache of dealing with them is not worth it. For instance, I had to get the plastic shielding replaced under the front of my car. It took three visits since they ordered the wrong parts twice. It is a 45-minute drive one way, so that was testing my patience.

Ordered a Red RWD Model 3 on July 14. Nothing added on. It was originally supposed to be ready in late November. That date kept on inching up into late October to mid-October. We then got a text on the 26th that it will be ready for pickup on the 28th, and that is where the insanity started. :p I had about 25 updates from Tesla about the delivery of the car and forms. I deleted the text chain today for my mental health.

That part that upsets me is no one called me to tell me they screwed up. I just got a general text. If they were honest with me and told me the truth by reaching out to me, then I would still be buying the car. Radio silence from them after the end of quarter madness and then insanity on the app. It now says November 20 - December 25.
That’s really rough, the anticipation always makes it so much worse too. You are not wrong in feeling as pissed as your are. If its any consolation, I had a very very similar experience buying a BMW M X5 back in 2018 that resulted in my getting my first Tesla instead. Funny part was I had waited 4 months for the BMW and only had to wait 3 months for the Tesla back then.

In the spirit of staying on topic:
Today I texted my SA (my cousin) and asked about my EDD window, thats starting tomorrow, and my final payment. He said that typically they give about a 1 week notification window so the customers can be ready for funding. Fingers crossed I get some news soon.

EDD got pushed again to kick off the month. RWD/Blue/Black/Aero/AP
Taking out previous EDD changes that just narrowed window from June 21 order date for brevity:
September 1
October 2 to October 30 (4 weeks)
September 9
September 22 to October 4 (13 days)
September 19
October 8 - October 22 (15 days)
October 2
October 17 - October 31 (15 days)

Thoughts on when I should expect actual delivery?

Reactions: Mob Dee