Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if we get that $3750 discount for December delivery? That’s a nice chunk of money.
Tesla is offering a deal that is too good to refuse. The Model 3 RWD is unlikely to meet the full EV Tax Credit requirements b/c it uses a Chinese-made LFP battery cell that is assembled by Chinese labor. Moreover, the higher end models definitely won't qualify for the tax incentive, thus we are seeing a one-time incentive pricing that likely won't come around again.

As we've seen in the past, Tesla at times is willing to move heaven and earth to get EVs into customer hands to support their year end close. There is still time to order and take advantage while they are clearly in one of these moments. Again, I suspect waiting times to increase significantly after the new years and Tesla's sense of urgency to expedite deliveries will diminish to ordinary levels again.

Reactions: paganini
The Model 3 RWD has an LFP battery pack that uses a Chinese-made cell from CATL. These cells are believed to be assembled in Tesla's Giga Shanghai Factory then shipped as a unit to Fremont. The Administration's EV Tax Credit will EXCLUDE the Model 3 RWD as it is written to penalize the use of minerals and labor from "non-friendly" jurisdictions. The Model 3 will not qualify for the EV Tax Credit.

Moreover, the "Inflation Reduction Act" and the EV Tax Credit is stuck in Agency Rule making so details are up in the air. If you need a car you might want to keep the order for the Model 3 RWD. The Tesla model that is likely to qualify for the EV Tax Credit is the Model Y Long Range (technically an SUV with higher price limits) which will be well north of 60k after taxes and fees. I expect the wait time to be extremely high for this Model as it has been for most of 2022.

Hope this helps.
Tesla came back and offered to create a new order and credit the $250 from the original order. Now they are also giving a $3,750 discount for Dec delivery. No brainer for me. They boost sales and I don't have to gamble with the future.

Tesla came back and offered to create a new order and credit the $250 from the original order. Now they are also giving a $3,750 discount for Dec delivery. No brainer for me. They boost sales and I don't have to gamble with the future.
Congrats and welcome to the party.

I am impressed with Tesla. No other car manufacturer would have done this nor would they offer such a generous holiday discount to all the buyers already "locked-in" with a price and so far down the buying process. We never even asked for it or did any negotiating.

They are winning points in brand loyalty.

Reactions: craftyK
Finally got the schedule delivery text.

OD- September 25, 2022
M3RWD Black/Black/Aero Wheels No FSD (ordered mobile charge and home wall connector with vehicle).
September 30- Received Home Connector. EDD:Nov 19-December 24.
October 14- Received Mobile Charger EDD:Same
October 20- Home Connector Installed EDD:Same
October 29- Changed to white/black interior.
October 31- EDD changed to Oct-Dec 2022
November 5- Changed back to all black interior.
November 6- EDD: December 9-31
November 13- EDD: December 2-16
November 20- EDD: November 29-December 27
November 20- VIN Assigned. Insurance uploaded, balance paid.
November 20-EDD: December 8-December 15
November 22- Departed Factory text
Dec 2- Schedule Delivery text. Scheduled for first available December 12.

Reactions: Harry.K.Chu
Woo, just got my insurance documentation back from my insurance broker, and uploaded it to my order page. Got my down payment bank draft ready, all my ducks are in a row--looking forward to picking up my Model 3 on Monday!

Final stats:
Trim: RWD, White, White interior, 18" Aero wheels, no FSD or EAP
Order Date: September 20, 2022
Delivery Date: December 5, 2022

My order was originally scheduled for delivery 11/16-11/30, but I cancelled it on 11/6, deciding to wait and see if the car will qualify for the tax credit. Reordered the exact same configuration late last night and already have a VIN with delivery set for 12/4.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOBX MX
My order was scheduled for delivery 11/16-11/30, but I cancelled on 11/6, deciding to wait and see if the car will qualify for the tax credit. Reordered the exact same configuration late last night and already have a VIN with delivery set for 12/4.
So you ordered yesterday and your delivery date is scheduled in two days. So your payment arrangement and insurance got squared away that in less than a day? On a Friday?

I wish I knew the $3,750 incentive was going to be available. I got my vehicle in early November by purchasing it in available inventory. At the time, I thought I was making the best decision with trading in my old car for the best value I could (got more than what I paid for it, value went down like $2k the week after), locked in the best rate I could, and got a 2022 model mainly for the parking sensors.

I was borrowing a family member's car, but the car had tons of issues, so I had to get something ASAP at the time. My original October reservation showed Dec 31st to Feb 11th, so I couldn't go that long without a vehicle. So I had to get what I could. I love my car though.

Did anyone reach out to Tesla to see if they could offer some sort of incentive to recent purchasers who got their car in the last 30 days or so? I was told no, but try to reach out to Tesla Finance to see if they may help.

So you ordered yesterday and your delivery date is scheduled in two days. So your payment arrangement and insurance got squared away that in less than a day? On a Friday?
Yes, paying cash so financing isn't an issue, and I already have a M3LR on my insurance policy, so it was just a matter of providing proof of my current insurance. In Florida we have 3 days to add a newly purchased vehicle to an existing policy.

Yes, paying cash so financing isn't an issue, and I already have a M3LR on my insurance policy, so it was just a matter of providing proof of my current insurance. In Florida we have 3 days to add a newly purchased vehicle to an existing policy.
Interesting, perhaps there was a large number of buyers who were trying to push their purchase into Jan and ended up losing their deposit and leaving your local delivery center with extra inventory on site. This isn't the case with my local delivery center.

Nice to have a new car during the holiday season, congrats 🥳

Reactions: Cryptkeeper