Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my '23 M3 SR on 12/5 and just noticed scratches on the rear driver side window as well. I only noticed after I got the car tinted and having it parked outside with the sun hitting it, made it very noticeable. There are two pretty deep ones that my nail catches on in a bit of a circular pattern. I'm also wondering if it was caused by someone removing something from the window. Were you able to have it addressed by SC?
I took delivery on the same day, 12/5. Twenty minutes after driving off the lot and with 14 miles on the odometer, someone rear-ended me at a traffic light. Damage was minor ($518 repair estimate) to bottom bumper, barely visible but there.

Last edited:
I took delivery of my '23 M3 SR on 12/5 and just noticed scratches on the rear driver side window as well. I only noticed after I got the car tinted and having it parked outside with the sun hitting it, made it very noticeable. There are two pretty deep ones that my nail catches on in a bit of a circular pattern. I'm also wondering if it was caused by someone removing something from the window. Were you able to have it addressed by SC?
Mine were like someone try to remove something from the glass (outside), to be honest I had three requests to be done (small trunk alignment, the glass and a passenger side view mirror). After driving the car for about a month, I ended up cancelling the service request about a day before my appointment... barely can see now the scratches after getting tints, the trunk I was afraid they would make it worse or scratch the paint, and the side view mirror jejeje forget about it. LoL...the love for the car already surpassed those minors issues....

Attachments

• PXL_20221208_223618914.jpg
    PXL_20221208_223618914.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 137
Mine were like someone try to remove something from the glass (outside), to be honest I had three requests to be done (small trunk alignment, the glass and a passenger side view mirror). After driving the car for about a month, I ended up cancelling the service request about a day before my appointment... barely can see now the scratches after getting tints, the trunk I was afraid they would make it worse or scratch the paint, and the side view mirror jejeje forget about it. LoL...the love for the car already surpassed those minors issues....
Gorgeous vehicle. Like the wheels.

Reactions: kaimanson
Are these the wheel covers from Amazon?

Hey guys are your turn signals red or orange? I red somewhere that they changed to orange but mine are the old red ones with the brake being the same :(
My car was almost perfect, a spot on the frunk, misaligned trunk and needs some work on the parallel adjustment as it goes right always

When is your build date? I also thought they were starting to ship out with the new tail lights

Finally got the schedule delivery text.

OD- September 25, 2022
M3RWD Black/Black/Aero Wheels No FSD (ordered mobile charge and home wall connector with vehicle).
September 30- Received Home Connector. EDD:Nov 19-December 24.
October 14- Received Mobile Charger EDD:Same
October 20- Home Connector Installed EDD:Same
October 29- Changed to white/black interior.
October 31- EDD changed to Oct-Dec 2022
November 5- Changed back to all black interior.
November 6- EDD: December 9-31
November 13- EDD: December 2-16
November 20- EDD: November 29-December 27
November 20- VIN Assigned. Insurance uploaded, balance paid.
November 20-EDD: December 8-December 15
November 22- Departed Factory text
Dec 2- Schedule Delivery text. Scheduled for first available December 12.
Well I picked up today, 12/12. And everything was great! Car perfect, no issues, 3 miles on odometer.

You have good taste :)

I have a service appointment to address a few things in early Jan. Overall everything was pretty good, but there are a few issues I found from biggest concern to smallest:

1. Noticeable dip in frunk where it appears the panel is slightly warped; was able to make it less obvious by adjusting the "bumpers"
2. Passenger side headlight protrudes a few MM off on top; other one is spot on
3. Glass scratches on driver rear outside window (not pictured)
4. After cleaning a smudge off the steering wheel emblem (non-abrasive cleaner), appears to have defective finish with several spots now showing

We'll see what they say about these. Its a bit of a bummer, especially the glass, as I only noticed after having the car tinted. Not sure if I'll even get that fixed, or maybe try to use some polish to get most of it out. Overall, love the car and great fit and finish; I'm on the fence with trying to address the other issues at risk of screwing something else up in the process...

Attachments

• IMG_9676.png
    IMG_9676.png
    596.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9671.png
    IMG_9671.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9952.png
    IMG_9952.png
    428.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9951.png
    IMG_9951.png
    378.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9953.png
    IMG_9953.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 97

I have a service appointment to address a few things in early Jan. Overall everything was pretty good, but there are a few issues I found from biggest concern to smallest:

1. Noticeable dip in frunk where it appears the panel is slightly warped; was able to make it less obvious by adjusting the "bumpers"
4. After cleaning a smudge off the steering wheel emblem (non-abrasive cleaner), appears to have defective finish with several spots now showing

We'll see what they say about these. Its a bit of a bummer, especially the glass, as I only noticed after having the car tinted. Not sure if I'll even get that fixed, or maybe try to use some polish to get most of it out. Overall, love the car and great fit and finish; I'm on the fence with trying to address the other issues at risk of screwing something else up in the process...
Ok, after vigorously rubbing the emblem with my thumb and wiping with microfiber, it now looks perfect 🤣. Feature, not a bug?? 🤣

Reactions: Cryptkeeper
My fr

My frunk is doing the exact same thing, aligned perfectly on passenger side but uneven on driver's side. I didn't notice this until you mentioned it. I took delivery on 12/4. How long do we have to report fit and finish issues?