Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered our first Tesla on January 15th!
Model 3 SR+
Midnight Silver Metallic w/ Black Interior
EDD January 29- February 12!
No VIN assigned yet.

Has anyone who's taken delivery in the past week or so noticed if they are getting cars with radar in the front bumper?What about 2 front facing cameras instead of 3? I know it was mentioned that it should be 'marketed' again mid-January but haven't heard anything...
I'd be shocked if anyone has those in the next few months. There are reports Tesla will make these changes but that takes awhile to get into delivered cars I believe. We'll see threads here once these are delivered as there was with Ryzen/lithium 12v/etc.

I wanted to make sure my Model Y had a Ryzen when I got it but later we learned it burns more power so hard to know if these changes will be a measurable improvement any time soon.

It's only 1 mile but when I charged my RWD to 100% last weekend (at around 500 miles), it showed 273 miles!
I know I didn't gain capacity and it's likely due to me (or my wife) driving it efficiently but nice to see it above 272. Also, I have the aero wheel covers off as well.
My last Level-2 charge to 100%, I am now getting a stated full range of 271 with around 900 miles. Where is everyone else on degradation.

Greetings!
I finally pulled the trigger on a Base Model 3 last Friday evening. Today I received an email with my VIN and a projected delivery date between Feb 1 and 7th. I'm planning on using the local Superchargers (16 of them about 1 mile from house) and trickle charging at 115v while at home. Eventually I will have an electrician wire up a more robust charging solution at my home, but probably not until Spring. Couple of question if you don't mind. If this isn't the place please direct me to the appropriate spot ;-)

Delivery: The closest Tesla Delivery is two states away. I assume I still pay the $1,250 fee even if I show up there and take delivery? Are those delivery dates reliable? Reason is that I have to sell my RAV4 hybrid first, and don't want to sell if the delivery dates are just guesses.

Registration: The car will have to be registered/insured before I drive it off the lot, when I get back home I have to register it again in my home state. What happens to the sales tax I paid in the first state?

Charging: As mentioned, I would be using the Supercharger network since is just around the corner, does my idea of trickle charging at home make (temporary) sense? My commute is straight up I-95 in Maine about 60 miles round trip.

I'm excited beyond belief and can hardly wait for it to arrive. Never thought I could afford one but with state rebate and fed tax credit (and the insane cash offer from Carvana) it is finally going to happen. Can hardly wait!
Registration is a State by State matter. You should contact your delivery center by respond to one of their text messages with that question. In NYS, they issue the license plates and a temporary registration on the delivery date. The title and perm registration will be processed and sent to you after your delivery date.

I recommend you download 'plugshare" a useful smartphone application/website that accurately tracks public chargers. You might find free level 2 chargers in your area that you can factor into your decision about what type of charging setup you need at home.

Last edited:
Well, today's the day. I was originally scheduled for 12:00, but I asked yesterday morning through the text from the Tesla team if I could come earlier and they gave me 10:30. The new delivery time appeared in my Tesla app immediately.

The car is red with a white interior. The standard range 3s in North America don't get floor mats, so I've been looking at various options. We don't have small kids or a dog and have never really needed all weather mats. Been looking at plush mats in various colors. Black, grey and dark red are the most interesting. We're leaning towards the dark red at the moment. They also make a bright red, but that seems a bit too bright. Also a center console storage organizer would be nice. I already have a tire plugging kit, lifting pucks and an air compressor. The last things I was interested in are the dash and door inserts and center console. I've seen some nice wood grain kits for the console but not the dash and doors. These parts are very easy to remove, so I may just wrap them. I need to see how much the Tesla parts cost as that would be easiest. I really like the wood in the black interior and would have chosen that if it was a choice.

But I digress.... 4 1/2 hours to go...

My M3 was supposed to be ready for delivery tomorrow. Today, I got a call from Tesla saying my "VIN is unresponsive", and so my delivery is indefinitely postponed. No other details, but apparently this means the car won't start. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be worried about the overall build quality?

My M3 was supposed to be ready for delivery tomorrow. Today, I got a call from Tesla saying my "VIN is unresponsive", and so my delivery is indefinitely postponed. No other details, but apparently this means the car won't start. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be worried about the overall build quality?

I received something similar today. Tesla says that my VIN had to be unmatched due to the vehicle not being done in manufacturing. They won't give me an ETA and I have already secured financing, insurance, and sent them payment. Pretty poor customer service on their end right now. Can't even get anyone to contact me or give me a direct contact.

See my thread here: Model 3 SR Order Issues

No clue what "VIN is unresponsive" means. I can attest to the build quality of my '23 Model 3 RWD. There are no issues with panels, interior is as expected and I have had zero issues with approximately 900 miles. This was discussed a few weeks ago on this forum and everyone who commented agreed that Tesla has made improvements around build quality.

Let us know how things play out with this VIN issue.

I had a terrific delivery experience Thursday morning. I was scheduled for 10:30 but I arrived about 45 mins early. The car was waiting for me all prepped. I took a close look all around it. The build quality was excellent. No problems. I went in and signed the paperwork, clicked a few things in the Tesla app and I was ready to go. The advisor at the delivery center put my plates on and went through some basic set up, like pairing the key cards, etc. and basic car functions, things like that. I went to the service and parts desk to get a key fob for my wife, which added a few minutes to the time I was there, but I was in and out in about 30 minutes total.

The 50 mile drive home was uneventful. The cameras calibrated in about 10 minutes, after which autopilot worked once I agreed to the legal stuff in the autopilot settings area. Very quiet cabin even at 65 mph.

To get the streaming music service working, you need to enter your Tesla login name and password in the 2 boxes and click the grey
login with car credentials button. Do not click the more obvious blue login button.

once home, I took some time familiarizing my wife with the car as it's her daily driver.

There was also an update once I logged into my home wifi. This added the smart turn signals and changed the media UI a bit.

A typical stress free Tesla delivery experience.

Reactions: PrisC and Wahiawahi
I received something similar today. Tesla says that my VIN had to be unmatched due to the vehicle not being done in manufacturing. They won't give me an ETA and I have already secured financing, insurance, and sent them payment. Pretty poor customer service on their end right now. Can't even get anyone to contact me or give me a direct contact.

See my thread here: Model 3 SR Order Issues
Replied to your thread in detail, but I’m in *exactly* the same situation as you. Curious if you’re in the Bay Area?

Update: received this message from Tesla : “Your vehicle has not passed inspections and is not ready to go out today.” No other details and no updated ETA. The generic and nonchalant responses from the Tesla delivery managers are definitely the worst part about this experience.

Final update (hopefully) : was assigned a new VIN and delivery was pushed out a week. Apparently the original car was possibly damaged during transport from the factory.

Glad they took care of you right away. I haven't heard anything from my rep at all today except for another canned response about providing the MVPA to my lender, which makes no sense at all because the car is already financed and paid for and my VIN hasn't changed. Not sure if I just got a bad apple but this is the worst customer service that I have ever seen. The rep is just ignoring me.

I ordered my car on Jan 15th after the price dropped. Estimated delivery time is between 24/02 and 04/02 (Ireland). I havent received my VIN or any textst to schedule a delivery date. I have my financing approved. Has anyone from Ireland received their VIN yet?

Glad they took care of you right away. I haven't heard anything from my rep at all today except for another canned response about providing the MVPA to my lender, which makes no sense at all because the car is already financed and paid for and my VIN hasn't changed. Not sure if I just got a bad apple but this is the worst customer service that I have ever seen. The rep is just ignoring me.
Sorry about that. How frustrating!!

Well - I couldn’t take driving ICE for my second car any more. Sheesh …… after having a MYLR5 since May 2021, the driving experience with our little Honda HR-V has been completely ruined. Used to think it was a nice little car, but now I’m fed up with:
  • Buying gas (not that it uses much …. Just the yucky gas station/pump experience)
  • Horrible performance (Continuously Variable Transmission + small engine = 0-60 in 10 seconds)
  • Vibration and noise
  • Steering the car myself
  • Dragging it in for regular maintenance and oil changes
  • Terrible navigation system with unintelligible display
  • Uncomfortable seats
  • Using the brake pedal
  • Remembering to turn off the engine before I get out
  • Buttons and knobs everywhere
  • Etc
So, now I’m in line with you folks for a M3RW black-on-black with Aero wheels. Have EAP on the Y, so no need. Heading out to visit grandkids over next week or so, so it will be annoying if they find me one real fast. I’ll have to decline that if they do. Hopefully looking at a several week wait.

I had a terrific delivery experience Thursday morning. I was scheduled for 10:30 but I arrived about 45 mins early. The car was waiting for me all prepped. I took a close look all around it. The build quality was excellent. No problems. I went in and signed the paperwork, clicked a few things in the Tesla app and I was ready to go. The advisor at the delivery center put my plates on and went through some basic set up, like pairing the key cards, etc. and basic car functions, things like that. I went to the service and parts desk to get a key fob for my wife, which added a few minutes to the time I was there, but I was in and out in about 30 minutes total.

The 50 mile drive home was uneventful. The cameras calibrated in about 10 minutes, after which autopilot worked once I agreed to the legal stuff in the autopilot settings area. Very quiet cabin even at 65 mph.

To get the streaming music service working, you need to enter your Tesla login name and password in the 2 boxes and click the grey
login with car credentials button. Do not click the more obvious blue login button.

once home, I took some time familiarizing my wife with the car as it's her daily driver.

There was also an update once I logged into my home wifi. This added the smart turn signals and changed the media UI a bit.

A typical stress free Tesla delivery experience.
I second that. Ordered 1/2/23, picked up my MSM M3 RWD aero w/partial white interior, today 1/30/23 with no issues. Build quality also is excellent and pickup was issue-free.
Loving it.

Reactions: PewPew