Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well - I couldn’t take driving ICE for my second car any more. Sheesh …… after having a MYLR5 since May 2021, the driving experience with our little Honda HR-V has been completely ruined. Used to think it was a nice little car, but now I’m fed up with:
  • Buying gas (not that it uses much …. Just the yucky gas station/pump experience)
  • Horrible performance (Continuously Variable Transmission + small engine = 0-60 in 10 seconds)
  • Vibration and noise
  • Steering the car myself
  • Dragging it in for regular maintenance and oil changes
  • Terrible navigation system with unintelligible display
  • Uncomfortable seats
  • Using the brake pedal
  • Remembering to turn off the engine before I get out
  • Buttons and knobs everywhere
  • Etc
So, now I’m in line with you folks for a M3RW black-on-black with Aero wheels. Have EAP on the Y, so no need. Heading out to visit grandkids over next week or so, so it will be annoying if they find me one real fast. I’ll have to decline that if they do. Hopefully looking at a several week wait.

I'd imagine you should be able to push the wait out at least a few weeks even if you get assigned a VIN soon.

Well - I couldn’t take driving ICE for my second car any more. Sheesh …… after having a MYLR5 since May 2021, the driving experience with our little Honda HR-V has been completely ruined. Used to think it was a nice little car, but now I’m fed up with:
  • Buying gas (not that it uses much …. Just the yucky gas station/pump experience)
  • Horrible performance (Continuously Variable Transmission + small engine = 0-60 in 10 seconds)
  • Vibration and noise
  • Uncomfortable seats
  • Using the brake pedal
  • Etc
So, now I’m in line with you folks for a M3RW black-on-black with Aero wheels. Have EAP on the Y, so no need. Heading out to visit grandkids over next week or so, so it will be annoying if they find me one real fast. I’ll have to decline that if they do. Hopefully looking at a several week wait.
And I will say, I totally agree with you. Tesla ruined my desire to drive ICE vehicles, including our nice BMW SUV. After experiencing a MY I had to trade in the BMW for my profile picture. The charging network also has me uninterested in other brands at this time, eventually I suspect that will be resolved, but it might be 10+ years from now.

Its funny because all these people that haven't driven a Tesla complain about lack of buttons and other comments that are ridiculous. I don't hear anyone complaining about lack of buttons on phones anymore, but 10-20 years ago no buttons would've seemed ridiculous.

I am doing something wrong maybe. I have been following Tesla's recommendations about letting it change to 100%.

What are you charging to? Thanks....
In the 1 month I've had the car, I've charged to 100% twice, maybe 3 times, other times I charge as much as I can at work (chargers at work are busy), so sometimes to 60%, sometimes to 75%, and 1 time to 100% etc.

I wouldn't stress too much about 1 mile. I'm currently at 89% with 241 miles of estimated range, which comes out to 270.7 @ 100%

• Informative
Reactions: Harry.K.Chu
  • Vibration and noise
  • Uncomfortable seats
  • Using the brake pedal
  • Etc
Well ….. it happened. EDD went from Jan-Feb 2023 to Feb12-Mar12 on Tuesday ….. and then wham! ….. today …… VIN assigned, “your car has arrived and is ready for delivery”, and “Schedule Delivery Appointment” for Feb 3-9. That’s exactly when I will be away and exactly what I feared. Dang.

I’ll have to say, though, that the people on the other end of the chat I’m having with Tesla about that have been pretty reasonable. They obviously would really like me to make it happen on their schedule, but they have not just blown me off. I’m telling them Feb 11 is earliest (since I return home on Feb 10) …. And they said if I finish all my tasks (all that was left was financing) they would consider holding. Last message was “We are checking with the local team to see if this is possible”. I’m just asking for 2 days …….. we’ll see.

Update ….. they set me up for delivery on Feb 11 just like I asked. Didn’t ask me to select the time (I’m 2 hours away, so that could have been an issue), but the one they picked will work. Gotta say, I still prefer the “Tesla way” of working this out to the agony of working with a dealer. Got everything worked out and an exception to their process through a very reasonable text message chat with what I am assuming is a centralized scheduling team.

Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

Reactions: PrisC
Agreed the RWD barely dropped, it went from possibly the most valuable Tesla to one of the worst.

In December I ordered a M3RWD but was still waiting for delivery. Well I just shelled out another $250 order fee to ensure I snagged a M3Performance VIN last night instead. I need a vehicle ASAP. With the tax credit it was effectively a $16k discount.

MYLR is such an insanely great value right now. If we already didn't have one that would've certainly been my order last night.

I don't think prices will come down soon. Maybe a small discount at the end of the quarter or if the tax credit is reduced. I think Tesla wanted to do a huge drop and now just focus on building as many of these as they can until its the #1 selling vehicles in the world.
Tesla dropped the price of the M3 by $500 tonight. I checked my MVPA, and sure enough the price has been adjusted. I’m picking my car up on Monday, and obviously not going to complain about saving an extra $500, but I have a feeling the price will drop again.
I honestly didn’t expect the M3 to drop again this early in the year, and definitely not on the same day that they raised the price of the MY by $1500.

Tesla dropped the price of the M3 by $500 tonight. I checked my MVPA, and sure enough the price has been adjusted. I’m picking my car up on Monday, and obviously not going to complain about saving an extra $500, but I have a feeling the price will drop again.
I honestly didn’t expect the M3 to drop again this early in the year, and definitely not on the same day that they raised the price of the MY by $1500.
I have delivery on Wednesday. I share your sentiment on another cut. I wanted red, but it would've put me over the higher NJ incentive cap of $45k. I'll have serious fomo if they drop it another $500.

I used the Chrome VIN finder extension and it just popped up with 5YJ3E1EA4PF48XXXX this morning. Is that my VIN?

Mobile charger doesn't arrive until Friday. How much heads up for pickup will I get, I want to sell my ICE car first but it's the only thin I have so I'm trying to plan it to minimize how long I'm without wheels.

I have delivery on Wednesday. I share your sentiment on another cut. I wanted red, but it would've put me over the higher NJ incentive cap of $45k. I'll have serious fomo if they drop it another $500.
Dropped $500 and increased destination fees from 1200 to 1390 for new orders
Atleast for me showing the price drop and destination fees at 1200 . I got new MVP last night with the drop price (500) and still at 1200 destination fees

Reactions: Wahiawahi
First time poster, long-time reader.

I have a pickup scheduled for Tuesday about 4 hours away from home. So I'm taking a one-way flight there and will just drive back. I have a VIN number, and an appointment confirmed, however I still am not prompted yet to make payment. If I do an ACH, won't that take a few days to clear? (Currently less than 48 hours to go til scheduled pickup). Also, should I be worried about any delivery issues this close to the scheduled delivery date? I'll be a faraway city with no easy way to get back home if anything goes awry.

Should I be worried?

First time poster, long-time reader.

I have a pickup scheduled for Tuesday about 4 hours away from home. So I'm taking a one-way flight there and will just drive back. I have a VIN number, and an appointment confirmed, however I still am not prompted yet to make payment. If I do an ACH, won't that take a few days to clear? (Currently less than 48 hours to go til scheduled pickup). Also, should I be worried about any delivery issues this close to the scheduled delivery date? I'll be a faraway city with no easy way to get back home if anything goes awry.

Should I be worried?
I have pickup scheduled for Monday, and I was worried about the same thing. I contacted the Tesla service center where we are picking up the car and they said I can bring a cashiers check for final payment, so that’s what we are doing. Of course when I got the cashiers check the final payment was higher, so I don’t know how they will give me back the $500 I will be overpaying now that they dropped the price of the M3.