Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine did too (blue on white, mid July build). I kinda hope it’s just an unpublished “who cares” feature that they don’t bother disabling. The extra range, speed, and AWD will sell people into that. I HIGHLY doubt the rear heated seats is the selling point for that AWD version.

I ordered online and was able to have a fairly trouble free buying experience. I say fairly because of a couple things...

Yes, I may have been being a bit dramatic looking back! It was a stressful evening though! In the end, I was able to pick up the car Friday morning at 9 am. We got the MVPA sorted out Thursday evening, and the bank I worked with for the loan was a large enough institution that it was able to get processed quickly Friday morning and Tesla was good w/ just the signed agreement.

I've driven it around a bit, and it's hard to describe how great of a car it is! It's only been two days and I am already getting used to letting the car take the corners for me (but it's still a bit scary)!

*Edit to add: I would say, to make it a bit less stresful, if it's a few days before delivery, make sure you have the MVPA already. Don't accept 'it'll be there in a day or two' as an answer, make sure you see it by the end of the day because there could be an issue in the system. For me, it was not generating because the system thought I needed to accept my trade in value, which I had already done.

Placed Order Online 8/12/19
Got my trade quote before i placed my order: never received via email had to call a local office
Place my order:SR+ white pearl all basic no FSD Aero wheels
On my account page it says
Net Trade-in Credit Pending
Final Trade-in Offer $31,000
Payoff Amount Pending
a rep will contact you in 24HRS but that has been there since last week.......all the other little box on my account page are checked besides the trade in hopefully that doesnt slow down my delivery which was quoted within 2 weeks.....i hate waiting

Ordered 16th July, about 6 in the morning the day White became standard. RH LR RWD. Received the final invoice with VIN 3 days ago, with Scheduled delivery date of October 1st.

Confused a little as I thought VIN only came through a week or so before delivery. Haven't had a call yet and Next Steps still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Should I secure the finances yet or hold off?

I picked up yesterday exactly 30 days after ordering. White/black/aero wheels. Something they I didn't know standard cars with autopilot had was autosteer. It is a pretty awesome feature driving for an hour on the highway and no foot on the accelerator or brake and just touching the wheel every once in a while.

By the way, I have heated rear seats (for now)

Reactions: PrGrPa
Ordered Standard range SR without autopilot in a Tesla store Aug 8. The person stated it will show up as SR+ and manager will later make adjustments to make it SR with no autopilot as a 35K car. But on August 11 I get an email showing it as 35K standard with a $3K autopilot charge. Tried to call the store ( different state ) and try to have AP removed but had some issues.
I then realized that having AP might not be a bad thing, and the SR+ was only $38.9K compared to $38K for SR with AP. So went back and changed to standard SR+ white with black interior on 8/12. Car was ready to be delivered on 8/20 in a neighboring state ( ours is one of 5 with no Tesla stores or SC). Since it was a Tuesday I changed it to Sat 8/24. Had no problems with taking delivery. Paid cashiers check. No trade in.

Ordered 8/15, online.
SR+, standard white, black interior, auto pilot and aero. No upgrades. No trade in.
Have been checking almost hourly this week but no updates. Contacted delivery center and still no news. Tomorrow will be the two weeks mark. Hopefully will hear some good news soon.

Ordered a basic white SR+ with FSD - online on 8/14/19 - estimated delivery was "two weeks" - but it's two weeks today and I don't even have a VIN number yet. When I call the support people they say "Should get a VIN in a few days"...but they've been saying that every few days since the 14th...so I guess that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Oh well...patience!

Introducing John snow the true king and the leader of the free foke.......whole process ordered 8/12 took delivery 8/26

Attachments

• DAC45BC1-4009-4FD4-AE5A-D0C6D246DD0B.jpeg
    DAC45BC1-4009-4FD4-AE5A-D0C6D246DD0B.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 411F3895-7AEC-4A34-B802-A762250CD241.jpeg
    411F3895-7AEC-4A34-B802-A762250CD241.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 94615E53-CD95-4613-984D-DBC56D8EE492.jpeg
    94615E53-CD95-4613-984D-DBC56D8EE492.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 96
  • C4D6724B-051B-482D-B72B-39BEFB61E5E5.jpeg
    C4D6724B-051B-482D-B72B-39BEFB61E5E5.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 93
Ordered 8/15, online.
SR+, standard white, black interior, autopilot, and aero. No upgrades. No trade-in.
Have been checking almost hourly this week but no updates. Contacted delivery center and still no news. Tomorrow will be the two weeks mark. Hopefully will hear some good news soon.

Any good news neighbor?