Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what we’ve been told they won’t hit your credit twice, the rate is just subject to change after 30 days
You guys waiting for 7+ weeks, did you apply for financing yet?
I saw the post where the dude advised me to apply. I don't want to hit my credit twice if I don't have to. not worried bc mine is high, but still.
I didn't know better when I ordered, I applied through Tesla financing (Wells Fargo) right away, I sent an email to my DA 2 days ago asking if I'll need to reapply since its been 7 weeks, so far no response from her.

I didn't know better when I ordered, I applied through Tesla financing (Wells Fargo) right away, I sent an email to my DA 2 days ago asking if I'll need to reapply since its been 7 weeks, so far no response from her.
I know it’ll happen when it happens, I just feel like seeing them seeing the financing approved might quicken the process, or it’s what I tell myself lol. We will get there soon, 8 weeks two days I feel ya!

I know it’ll happen when it happens, I just feel like seeing them seeing the financing approved might quicken the process, or it’s what I tell myself lol. We will get there soon, 8 weeks two days I feel ya!
My DA emailed me and Wells Fargo extended me for another 30 days, and supposedly she expects delivery for me between 2/17 & 2/21.. That would be nice

Reactions: Imaginathan
New So how do the vins get attributed exactly? Do the dealers have anything whatsoever to do with this process, or?
I.E. is it based on our spot in the queue for that given type of car.
Tesla builds car in CA, sends txt/updates online about VIN. Car is sent on truck to dealer. Dealer gets car, says car is in?
Or is it that Tesla
Received an email yesterday that the car is in town and asked if I could come in on Tuesday, 4 FEB for delivery.

Picked the car up yesterday! The wait was worth it and I love the car so far. I was surprised at the lack of fanfare put on at the Tesla Showroom. Not that I expected balloons and a marching band, but I did expect the store to be a busy place - it wasn't. I also expected the person conducting the delivery to be more involved. He started off by saying most people who buy these cars already know a lot about them. I agreed I had researched and watched every video I could find. He asked if we had any questions on how anything worked. We had a couple and that was it - we were done. From the driver's seat, he had me sign on a IPhone type of device and we were out of there. Spent the rest of the day driving and setting up the car. All in all, it was a fun day for sure.

Picked the car up yesterday! The wait was worth it and I love the car so far. I was surprised at the lack of fanfare put on at the Tesla Showroom. Not that I expected balloons and a marching band, but I did expect the store to be a busy place - it wasn't. I also expected the person conducting the delivery to be more involved. He started off by saying most people who buy these cars already know a lot about them. I agreed I had researched and watched every video I could find. He asked if we had any questions on how anything worked. We had a couple and that was it - we were done. From the driver's seat, he had me sign on a IPhone type of device and we were out of there. Spent the rest of the day driving and setting up the car. All in all, it was a fun day for sure.
Congrats! have fun!!

Reactions: skiwhe
They told me not to apply for the loan originally but I see now that I should have done that 6.5 weeks ago. Anyways, the loan quote is good for 60 days so I have applied. I am sure I will get my car by 60 days from now as I already have been waiting for 46 days.

Ordered (SR+ white/white/aero/FSD) on Jan 12th. 8 to 11 weeks. Received order email immediately. Got my first contact from a Tesla advisor today (about 4 weeks after order). Suggested I start my financing and upload current insurance card to ensure no delay. I just applied for financing and I also saw that the loan quote is good for 60 days through Tesla.

I just got the same text. I am also in CA. Such a pathetic buying experience.

It's incredibly frustrating because I returned my Q50 lease and now I'm driving around in a piece of crap car with a busted exhaust manifold (an extra car from my parents) avoiding all the parents at school drop off ... I only returned my lease because a rep from Las Vegas said I would most likely get my car within 1-2 weeks... And when I asked him if it could be 4 weeks or more he said "chances of that are slim"... But now I am potentially looking at 6 weeks from the 1/23 text... so not that slim I guess!

If these guys had said, it'll be 3 months from the time you order... I would have planned for it... the website said 2 weeks when I ordered (still says it on my MANAGE page)... who could have guessed that it'd be 6 times that!